Metal Storm logo
A Perfect Circle

09.04.2009 - 08:59
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Maynard Keenan side-project along with Tool. This band is very similar to Tool, but instead of the ''metal-inspired-progressive'' and complex riffs, this band plays an alternative rock filled with catchy ballads that makes them an easy-listening band.
There are some unforgettable great songs like ''Pet'', ''Judith'', ''The Outsider'', or the emotionals ''Blue'', ''3 Libras'' and ''Breña''.

Their two first albums, ''Mer de noms'' and ''Thirteenth Step'' are very alike, with the typical rock ballads, their last work ''Emotive'' is far more inspired and original in its essence, the real great alternative rock album, with a great John Lennon cover (Imagine) and the masterpieces ''Passive'' and ''Freedom of choise''.

The only problem is that this last album was released back in 2004. So Maynard put this project on hold for a really long time, he said in the final of 2008 that he was working on songs for a possible new album. But it looks like its gonna take a long time until more news...

Anyone else a fan?
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
10.04.2009 - 01:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Mer De Noms is pretty cool, but everything they did after is boring with exception to one or two songs. Mer De Noms is a great chill out album...
11.04.2009 - 02:35
theflyingmachine

I have Mer De Noms and want to like it, due to who the band members are, but it is just kind of meh. Nothing about it catches me.
11.04.2009 - 16:36
Sunioj

Love this band. I LOVE Mert de Noms and like Thirteenth Step. I hated the most recent one though.
11.04.2009 - 17:51
ThuringwethiL89
Account deleted
I like this band very much,and especially the albums "Mer de noms" and "Emotive".
their music is so beautiful!
14.04.2009 - 20:07
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah who can forget this project eh...they made some great albums...I don't care what people say about eMOTIVE...they took those songs and made them their own...what I really liked about A Perfect Circle were songs like The Package...the groove in that song was infectious...and a great way to start out an album too...great lyrics...
30.04.2009 - 13:14
TheBigRossowski

I'm one of those dudes who didn't care TOO much for eMOTIVE. I was hoping they would come out with a new album to kind of move on from that album. The songs were good, but I would rather hear them sticking to their own thing.

Mer De Noms was by far the best album! Thirteenth Step was good too, but not as fulfilling as Mer De Noms.
I don't think I'll ever bother with Puscifer though...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?