Metal Storm logo
Scorpions

Original post

Posted by Prowler84, 13.07.2006 - 03:52
It's time to share opinions about the legendary German hard rock band I am waiting for all of the fans or regular listeners..
18.08.2009 - 08:55
DayFly
Written by Dane Train on 30.01.2009 at 21:21

How come this band doesn't have more recognition within the Metal community? Really sad.

They are legends in Germany. Pretty much every veteran of the scene here has a few Scorpions albums.
18.08.2009 - 11:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by DayFly on 18.08.2009 at 08:55

How come this band doesn't have more recognition within the Metal community? Really sad.

They are legends in Germany. Pretty much every veteran of the scene here has a few Scorpions albums.

Same here in The Netherlands.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.08.2009 - 11:21
dEAthB3D
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.08.2009 at 11:51

same here in indonesia pal....

Same here in The Netherlands.
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
25.09.2009 - 15:36
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
Scorpions is my favourite band. They did many great songs, but unfortunately also some real shit.
I am probably the only one who think that Face the Heat is their greatest album. This album is their heaviest and the songs are really catchy. Also their last one is a fantastic album. It's great they play hard rock again.
Best songs: Steamrock Fever, In Trance, Always Somewhere, Animal Magnetism, Lust Or Love, Alien Nation, Hate To Be Nice, Remember The Good Times, 321, Hour I.
Worst Songs: What U Give U Get Back, Yellow Butterfly, Freshly Squeezed, Girl (I Wanna Be With You), Crazy World.
05.11.2009 - 17:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Just re-watched a bit of their Live At Wacken 2006 DVD, i CANNOT BELIEVE how they still look and sound so awesome even after 37+ years(at least counting Klaus and Rudolf, Rudolf was in the band since 1965 ), Rudolf is still a fucking maniac on stage with his silly hats and crazy stage antics. they are by far the most energic classic rock/metal band still going at it, even AC/DC, Bruce Dickinson and Janick Gers look like they escaped from a home for the elderly compared to these guys... incredible. i'd have said the guys are 30 or something, but when they did that DVD Rudolf and Klaus were 58 years old.. unbelievable. i need to see these guys before they quit(though by the looks of it that won't be too soon)
07.11.2009 - 14:41
Archetype
If there's any one band that has contributed the most to my discovery of rock and eventually metal it's most certainly the Scorpions. Growing up with their music made me realise that there was just 'something' about the sound of an electric guitar that sounded so epic and I knew that it was what I wanted to play when I got older.

It's also amazing how they're all so active all these years later.
07.11.2009 - 17:17
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps

They are the biggest Teutonic band of all-time.And today is the 20'th anniversary of the fall of berlin wall.
07.11.2009 - 17:24
DayFly
That has nothing to do with my post, do not quote me. I do not like you and I do not appreciate your attempt at getting everyone's attention with your random band tagging when creating topics or quoting just for the hell of it.
28.11.2009 - 10:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Love At First Sting is fast becoming one of my favorite all-time albums
06.01.2010 - 02:32
His Eminence
Account deleted
They don't get nearly enough recognition in America. Everyone I know sees them as some 80s hair band...and the only song they usually know by them is Rock You Like A Hurricane.
09.01.2010 - 11:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
FUCK YEAH they finally announced some summer tour dates.. i WILL NOT miss them again even if it means a free concert somewhere in Romania with 20.000 people in the audience who only know Wind of Change.

on a side note, am i the only one who's blown away by how EPIC the song The Zoo sounds live as opposed to the studio version?
22.08.2012 - 20:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does Micheal Schenker and Rudolf Schenker is relatives both born in Nieder Saxony and both plays guitar and are connected whit Scorpions?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.08.2012 - 20:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 22.08.2012 at 20:23

Does Micheal Schenker and Rudolf Schenker is relatives both born in Nieder Saxony and both plays guitar and are connected whit Scorpions?

Sorry, but are you stupid? It is a well-known fact that Michael is Rudolf's younger brother. And if you want to know just GOOGLE it.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.08.2012 - 21:01
Fritillaria
Account deleted
And everyone here knows them by Wind of Change or white dove
22.08.2012 - 21:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 22.08.2012 at 21:01

nope, loads of people here, at least the older ones, know them from before they were totally crap. I know them by their Toky Tapes live album, that was my introduction to them and long before they started total crap ballads such as Wind Of Change and White Dove (which isn't that well known anyway because it never reached the charts and was only featured on a compilation and some live album)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.08.2012 - 22:09
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.08.2012 at 21:30

nope, loads of people here, at least the older ones, know them from before they were totally crap. I know them by their Toky Tapes live album, that was my introduction to them and long before they started total crap ballads such as Wind Of Change and White Dove (which isn't that well known anyway because it never reached the charts and was only featured on a compilation and some live album)
sorry I meant here in Iran, I caused misinterpretion. But I agree these two ballads Are crap
22.08.2012 - 22:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 22.08.2012 at 22:09

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.08.2012 at 21:30

sorry I meant here in Iran, I caused misinterpretion. But I agree these two ballads Are crap

oops, sorry for misunderstanding you.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.08.2012 - 00:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
If you say "White Dove" is crap (which may be)...what do you think about Omega's original? (just wonderin...)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.08.2012 - 00:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Also crap.

But concerning Scorpions ALL their ballads after the Blackout album are bad at best. Strange though because before that time tthey had some mighty fine ballads
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.08.2012 - 02:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know Scorpions from old bootlage vinlys who was smugled in ussr and sold in habors cost doble how normaly so my father got one , and I know it from magasines,
1th songs was Big City Nights, Winds of Change, Rock You Like A Huricane but I dig deeper and deeper thants to DC++ download program in early days of internet and I like only old ones werry early before they turn to crap,
I agree whit Marcel about ballads and most famose (also in non metal worl ) winds of change sucks even its lil diferent meeing in eat europe
I hate this 90's crap, orchestra and this music what they try to play nowdays, way to boring in this way Accept is much better how modern Scorpions, for me its not metal

Ellrohir - you shood know in what band crapo turned Arakain , Doga, etc same whit Scorpions
----

apos;'
[image]
23.08.2012 - 05:00
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
No one LIke You is my favourite hard rock song ever. That chorus kicks major ass.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
17.03.2018 - 12:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Schenker bros, why they hate each others, Mucheal said his bro Rudolf is con artist and there where some kind a articles and insults in blabber, why ? whats a purpose of hate?
----

apos;'
[image]
16.12.2018 - 10:00
Drippy.Hippie

I don't know what you're talking about........
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
21.01.2020 - 16:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
SCORPIONS Hope To Release New Studio Album Before End Of 2020

----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2022 - 07:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
German hard rock legends SCORPIONS have been forced to postpone the first three concerts on the European leg of their 2022 world tour due to an unspecified injury suffered by guitarist Matthias Jabs.

The concert promoter will announce in the next few days when the shows in Lisbon, Portugal (originally scheduled for May 10),Toulouse, France (May 13) and Lille, France (May 15) will take place.

The SCORPIONS tour will resume on May 17 at the Accor Arena in Paris, France.
----

apos;'
[image]