Metal Storm logo
The Gathering - Announces Dutch Try-Out Dates

Drummer Hans Rutten of The Gathering has posted the following update on the band's website:

"First of all: we will do a couple of try out gigs before we start the festival season. We will play in Heerlen and Purmerend, both located in The Netherlands. Please note these are try-out gigs. Things will go wrong. But that's also the fun part, we just play and we will see what happens! Both evenings will be a lot of fun for sure.

Today we received "The West Pole" vinyl test pressing. As we are living in a digital world I forgot the sound of a black 12 inch on a turntable. It is incredible! The sound is so much warmer, rounder, the high tones are crispy, bass sounds so creamy... Well I can go on for a while, but above all be sure you grab a copy of "The West Pole" on vinyl before they cost 200 dollar on eBay! Btw, it is a double album, 180 grams, specially remastered for vinyl, and with a different running order. Still available at our webshop, but we will only make 500 copies (limited), and they go faaast."

In other news, a new song from the upcoming album "The West Pole", called "No Bird Call" is exclusively available for streaming on the band's webshop with a quite higher quality than the MySpace player.

Source: gathering.nl
Band profile: The Gathering
Event: The Gathering: Try Out Gigs
Posted: 12.04.2009 by Azrael

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 25 users
12.04.2009 - 21:45
Shadowcross
The Summoner
He makes the vinyl sound so good. Sooo true..
I'm liking these extra song offerings too

Hits total: 2339 | This month: 5