Metal Storm logo
Power Quest - Part Ways With Guitarist Again

English power metallers Power Quest have posted the following news:

"We are sorry to announce that after 10 months Bill Hudson and Power Quest have parted ways. The split was extremely amicable and was down to the fact that both parties were struggling with the logistics of Bill being based in LA and the rest of the band in Europe.

Power Quest keyboardist and founder Steve Williams commented: "Unfortunately the timescales and costs involved were too great for us to be able to manage in the current climate. We remain the very best of friends and certainly do not rule out a collaboration between myself and Bill in the not too distant future. We all wish him the very best for the future with Circle II Circle and his other projects and we look forward to him joining us on stage at ProgPower USA in Atlanta in September!"

Bill Hudson also commented: "Yeah, it's true. I'm no longer in Power Quest and that pretty much sucks. Unfortunately, having to fly back and forth between Europe and the US became a hassle, and I was even having to NOT to be present at some shows, such as Hammerfest in Wales. That situation wasn't good for either of us. However, you can expect to see me on stage with them at ProgPower USA this year, as well as some other surprises that might just appear here and there! Just to make it clear: I still love those dudes and we're still the best of friends! I wanna thank all of our amazing fans (some of the most hardcore I've ever seen) as well as Manuela, Simon and Paul, who work their asses off to make Power Quest's life easier on the road!"

Source: power-quest.co.uk
Band profile: Power Quest
Posted: 14.04.2009 by Doom From North

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 36 users
14.04.2009 - 22:10
Lukas Jax

That really does suck. I & the band Im proudly apart of played with PQ in Wakefield for the Tour of Illusion.

Bill is a great guy for sure.. shame..
14.04.2009 - 22:15
Lord_Regnier

It's with their vocalist that they need to part ways.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
15.04.2009 - 03:08
kaos666

BIg shame but its not a shock!
15.04.2009 - 03:23
Baz Anderson

Well as long as they are still playing Hammerfest, all will be good.
I first saw this band in 2006, but from then just didn't bother with them any more. I am hoping they will entertain in Wales, the stuff on myspace sounds great.
15.04.2009 - 04:54
Symmachus

Man, that was a short stint with the band. That sucks.
16.04.2009 - 12:35
DarkMoor99
Account deleted
Written by Lord_Regnier on 14.04.2009 at 22:15

It's with their vocalist that they need to part ways.

True.

Hits total: 2335 | This month: 2