03. Falling Dow
04. Redemption Day
05. Guilty
06. Yesterday Today
07. Hide
08. Handful of Dust
09. Sins That Shape Your Lives
10. Save Me

Stone Drive sounds US, looks US, smells US and? comes from France?. This is funny for someone (me) who comes from France to listen to this kind of music because in general our French bands rarely choose to plays US' Hard Rock. This is not a problem with USA, don't worry but more a problem of culture, France is a not a Rock country, we never listen to such music on the radios and the few people who listen to Metal are in general attracted by other European countries and definitely not by US Hard FM bands. Maybe that things are changing because "A Moment Of Weakness" is a solid album in the genre and who know, maybe that Stone Drive will become popular, outside of France at least!

Stone Drive plays US's Hard FM, this is cool, not really violent, with catchy but commercial choruses in the vein of the ones of Creed, Nickelback or Sound Garden. I cannot say that this new band is original or anything of course but their music is cool and really catchy. "Breath" for example is a pure hit, and the ballad "Yesterday Today" is really "cute" (with the good and bad points that you can imagine). Don't believe though that "A Moment Of Weakness" lacks of energy, except this song all the other ones have big loud riffs but the voice of Dave Adam (which is really good actually) is in the vein of the one of Chad Kroeger, and if it's a beautiful voice, this is also a bit cliché if you see what I mean. Well all in all, "A Moment Of Weakness" is a really good album of US' Hard FM but absolutely not innovative. Is it a real problem? Not really if you like such music but if you're looking for real Metal, this is not for you. Bha, who care at least Stone Drive is good in what they do?

Produced, recorded and mixed by Francis Caste, "A Moment Of Weakness" doesn't suffer of any other comparisons with the big US productions. Plus as you already know, the members of Stone Drive are good musician and Dave Adam is a top singer. If you add that the album is composed of really good songs, you can come to the conclusion that "A Moment Of Weakness" is a complete release. True but this is too bad that it's maybe a bit too formatted?

You know now what you'll listen to; something totally "radio" but well done and finally classy nonetheless. If the band manages to get more personality in the future, I'm sure that they will become important and not only in France. "A Moment Of Weakness" will not be a revelation but if you like this kind of music, you can buy it without any problem, this is just good!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 14.04.2009

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 22 users
15.04.2009 - 09:32
frankeli
Account deleted
Very, very, very interesting. Will check out. Thanx.

Hits total: 4093 | This month: 6