Metal Storm logo
Attracting Pop-listeners To Metal!!!

Original post

Posted by ms68, 16.04.2009 - 22:05
If you want to attract a pop-listener to metal with one track, which track you’ll recommend to him?
29.08.2010 - 21:32
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Irritable Ted on 29.08.2010 at 19:46

My girlfriend likes Michael Buble and all of that quiet stuff, but she borrowed my car one day and I had left the new Mob Rules album in the stereo. She came back saying she loved the music in the car.

Potential heavy metal girlfriend? Lucky you!
31.08.2010 - 14:30
RavenKing

My girlfriend likes Michael Buble and all of that quiet stuff, but she borrowed my car one day and I had left the new Mob Rules album in the stereo. She came back saying she loved the music in the car.

I did the same thing with Ensiferum......she hated it.

Most likely because Ensiferum use harsh vocals. The effeminate and balless vocals typical of flowermetal are more accessible to non-metal fans.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
31.08.2010 - 17:42
Ag Fox
Angel No More

Lucky you indeed! still hvn't managed to get my own gf to be interested in metal haha
----
loves 小巫
31.08.2010 - 18:34
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Irritable Ted on 31.08.2010 at 17:51

Written by Ag Fox on 31.08.2010 at 17:42

Lucky you indeed! still hvn't managed to get my own gf to be interested in metal haha

I don't think that I have really converted her to the dark side just yet. I put on Avantasia Part 1 yesterday and she said "It goes on a bit doesn't it". But she does like Nightwish as well now. I'll have her doing the horns sign and headbanging by the end of the year.

and by next year she'll be wearing corpse paint to your dates and headbanging to Agoraphobic Nosebleed... I sure can dream
----
loves 小巫
18.09.2010 - 04:37
Kennoth

Can't go wrong with classical heavy metal bands. Or nu metal. Or power metal.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
21.06.2017 - 15:53
Frosst

Written by sq_xeper on 17.04.2009 at 01:15

I think One from Metallica its a pretty attractive song for a pop-listener 'cause it has that guitar intro that any person could enjoy and the double bass part that is very recognizanle in any other metal song, also you could recommend to listen to instrumental songs from any band

Well I despise instrumental songs but maybe that's just me
----
Favourite bands:
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls064836793/

Favourite artists:
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls064836309/