07. Ar Galv Brezel
08. Fureur Celtique
09. Galian Da viken
10. Chant De Bataille
11. P.m.q.f.
12. Sacrifiés
13. Ar Enor Salv
14. Funérailles

Fans of Pagan Black, if you still don't know this killer that comes from France, please stay with me and read this review. You'll probably discover the amazing world of Belenos, a really good band that come from my country. Cold as Hell, the music of Belenos is a strong and powerful Black, with evidently a lot of Pagan ambiances. A must for the fans of the style?

So ok, Belenos plays Pagan Black, but let's do a little description of the music itself. First take some furious Black Metal with really fast tempos, add some really dark riffs and melodies and evidently Black vocals. In addition, put some really beautiful dark ambiances and above all choirs that sound like some Viking sings (I don't really know if it's a good image, but honestly this is not a common music and it's hard to do a good comparison) and you have a good idea of the music of Belenos.

"Chants De Bataille", the title of the last release of the band, means "war sings", so you already probably understand the colour of this album. The really good lyrics, in French, talk about war, warrior hordes and evidently Celtic divinities. It's a real pleasure to read them (if you can understand French of course), they're well written and poetic on a side, but evidently also really sad and violent. It fits perfectly with the music, with the general ambiance of the album.

The production is nice, the cover like the artwork rock and really like Himinbjorg, Belenos proves that we can make this kind of music in France. After all, our past was "Celtic" too right. But all in all, you'll see when you'll listen to this new album that Belenos knows how to produce perfectly a music that really sounds like a war. I mean that the ambiances are cold as hell but represent perfectly the site of a battle. When I listen to this album, I have the feeling that I'm one of those warriors, I can feel the fear, the anger, the iron the blood and finally the peace...

"Chants De Bataille" is a really classy album of Pagan Black Metal. As I just said, the music of the band has this ability to transform into images. So if you're a fan of this kind of Metal, or if you just want to discover it, have a look on this release and you'll probably be amazed by its originality and quality.

Written by Jeff | 10.03.2006

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 38 users
13.07.2006 - 18:25
Basso
Account deleted
Great album!
14.07.2006 - 00:11
Damnated
Churchburner
Not my fav band from France, but they are actually good. Somehow I coudn't imagine a french pagan band.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.09.2006 - 02:04
Rating: 8
Anton Alcolust

it's a pagan band in sense of Celtic band . but they call their music " Brutal Pagan BM " because they don't use folk instrument , but the riff , the atmosphere are celtic ... a good band and this album is a true warsong !
----
A.M.S.G.
16.04.2010 - 20:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Fabulous album, and i agree it's hard to imagine this band being French at times, but there we have it.

Hits total: 4256 | This month: 2