Metal Storm logo
Who had better music in their Pop Era (Metallica vs Megadeth)

Original post

Posted by ToMegaTherion, 20.04.2009 - 06:11
Both Metallica and Megadeth did two genuinely Poppy albums. Metallica with Load & Reload and Megadeth with Cryptic Writings & Risk.

This poll is about who had better music during their respective pop era's.
Was it Metallica with Load & Reload
or Megadeth with Cryptic Writing & Risk

Personally i prefered Megadeth's pop era music, while Risk was not great by any means their were some good songs same with Cryptic Writing which was actually a pretty good album I thought.
Load wasn't a bad metallica album, it certainly had some very good songs, while Reload was almost entirely rubbish.

Poll

Metallica vs Megadeth Pop Era which was better

Cryptic Writing & Risk
Load & Reload

Total votes: 93
20.05.2011 - 16:09
Razorback

I like all albums,so i can't vote.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
11.11.2011 - 20:07
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Cryptic Writings a pop album? Are you serious? That album had some badass thrash songs on it, like FFF or even She-Wolf or the Disentegrators.
11.11.2011 - 22:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"Risk" is the only album of the 4 that contains any actual pop music...
12.11.2011 - 08:16
robbyAGONY

I'm surprised at so many 'tallica votes. Cryptic writings was good and Reload was so bad, it completely tips the scale in my opinion.
12.11.2011 - 09:26
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.11.2011 at 22:14

"Risk" is the only album of the 4 that contains any actual pop music...

yeah, but Metallica are popular, so they suck worse. whether or not megadave made WORSE music is immaterial. even if megadave copied each of metallica's commercial moves, his fans forgive him. useless argument with useless people.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.11.2011 - 10:15
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by BitterCOld on 12.11.2011 at 09:26
yeah, but Metallica are popular, so they suck worse. whether or not megadave made WORSE music is immaterial. even if megadave copied each of metallica's commercial moves, his fans forgive him. useless argument with useless people.

Yep, Dave/Megadeth manage to evade the level of criticsm aimed at Metallica, mostly only because they were not as popular as Metallica. It is a saying that the bigger you are, the harder you fall, and I think in this situation, it rings very true. Despite the fact that Dave clearly desired the level of success that Metallica had, and also tried very hard to achieve that success, this is often glossed over by Megadeth fanboys, mainly because he failed to gain that level of success. Metallica are bigger and more popular, and therefore, easier targets. The fact that "Risk" quite clearly has pop music on it (whilst both of the Load albums do not) is something that obviously goes over a lot of fans heads, because pop=popular, which "Risk" wasn't. At least not comparable to Metallica's popularity anyway. And because "Risk" failed to gain Dave the huge success he desired, the fact he actually made pop-rock to try and achieve that, is conveniantly overlooked by many. But like you say, some are just blind and ignorant to the facts... ah well. lol
31.01.2012 - 06:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I won't say nothing but this video says it all.

Dave is on fire and his reply perfectly fits here for those who supports Metallica