02. Fall With Me
03. The Lies I Sire
04. Bring Me Victory
05. Echoes From A Hollow Soul
06. ShadowHaunt
07. Santuario Di Sangue
08. A Chapter In Loathing
09. Death Triumphant

Look, I just cut myself, this violin sounds like a razor blade slicing my arteries. Now let me read some Shakespeare to you. Pain. Suffering. My ex-girlfriend. Religion. Violins as razors again. Crimson red drops of blood meandering like the wine from the Holy Grail. Your ex-girlfriend. Pain. Violins. Shakespeare. Latin references, look how deep I am. Bleeding love. Now look, I'm angry for a moment!!! Speed. I'm angry!!! AAAAA... OK, now, I'm sad again. Depression. Shattered passion. Violins. Pain. Goodbye.

Come on, we all know this is precisely what My Dying Bride does on every single album including the more experimental ones. If this is your kind of thing, For Lies I Sire will be right up your alley, just like all the other albums by this band. It's not my kind of thing though. To me, pseudo-romantic, overwrought whining like this is quite annoying, frankly. Truly depressed people don't broadcast their pathetic stories in 10 albums, don't recite Shakespearean poetry and don't threaten to commit suicide. They just fucking do it. Preferably in an amusing way, such as by jumping from a building on an old lady. Or by running into a mall with dynamite up their ass. Life is just a cruel joke anyway, right? Well, laugh at this, society!

For Lies I Sire is the first My Dying Bride album to feature violins since Like Gods Of The Sun and as a consequence sounds quite similar to that record. In other words, it is slightly faster and more straight-forward than usual, has more crunchy riffs and steers clear of growled vocals. The exception to this is "A Chapter In Loathing", a weird song with blastbeats and strangely screeched vocals, ironically the only enjoyable piece here. The other tracks follow the band's trademark template as described above and they do it... averagely at best. So if you love this band, the album will be a decent one, or perhaps a slightly above average one for you.

The music on For Lies I Sire has some moments but that doesn't take away from the fact that still, after all these years, the best My Dying Bride songs are those that throw their formula out of the window. Which is what I will happily do now with this CD. Hopefully it will hit an old lady right on the head.

Written on 22.04.2009 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments page 2 / 6

Comments: 180   Visited by: 466 users
23.04.2009 - 11:22
Ivor
Staff
staff
I don't see why you all are so pissed about it. I've not listened to MDB, haven't had the interest to pick it up even though I'm pretty sure I'd like some of the stuff. However, here are couple of points that this review gets across. Firstly, this album follows cliche formula developed by the band over the years. Secondly, it's not a good album to start your acquaintance with the band. Thirdly, in a nutshell it says what the concept of the band is all about. These three points come across nicely, and in a humorous, albeit a bit mocking, way. All taken together, to me this review says "Don't start with this album." Now tell me it's not a worthy piece of advice - many of you have commented it to be MDB's worst one to date.

I'd advise some of you learn to deal with different writing styles.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
23.04.2009 - 11:29
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Ivor on 23.04.2009 at 11:22

I don't see why you all are so pissed about it. I've not listened to MDB, haven't had the interest to pick it up even though I'm pretty sure I'd like some of the stuff. However, here are couple of points that this review gets across. Firstly, this album follows cliche formula developed by the band over the years. Secondly, it's not a good album to start your acquaintance with the band. Thirdly, in a nutshell it says what the concept of the band is all about. These three points come across nicely, and in a humorous, albeit a bit mocking, way. All taken together, to me this review says "Don't start with this album." Now tell me it's not a worthy piece of advice - many of you have commented it to be MDB's worst one to date.

I'd advise some of you learn to deal with different writing styles.

I.

when a person says that "I hate this album" or "this is their wrost album", its his opinion, but when a staff member wrote such meaningless review, to be honets it seems that MS thinks that way.

and the most important thing is that I cant find nothing about this album in this review. just some words about violins and its done! and to be honest the violin part is the strong part of this album! I didnt even want to buy this album while im a strong fan of them, so Im agree that this album is not a good one. but I cant understand why this dude is kind of anti MDB!
23.04.2009 - 11:36
Ivor
Staff
staff
Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 11:29

when a person says that "I hate this album" or "this is their wrost album", its his opinion, but when a staff member wrote such meaningless review, to be honets it seems that MS thinks that way.

and the most important thing is that I cant find nothing about this album in this review. just some words about violins and its done! and to be honest the violin part is the strong part of this album! I didnt even want to buy this album while im a strong fan of them, so Im agree that this album is not a good one. but I cant understand why this dude is kind of anti MDB!

Dude, take a cup of tea/coffee and some fifteen minutes of your spare time. Relax, drink the tea/coffee and ffs read what I wrote, read slowly, so that you understand what is written there. This is as good a review as any other, you just have to learn to find the information that is hidden there.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
23.04.2009 - 11:41
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Ivor on 23.04.2009 at 11:36

Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 11:29

Dude, take a cup of tea/coffee and some fifteen minutes of your spare time. Relax, drink the tea/coffee and ffs read what I wrote, read slowly, so that you understand what is written there. This is as good a review as any other, you just have to learn to find the information that is hidden there.

I.

I was drink some beer when I read this review for the very first time , so?

but when someone like jupiteras has permission to write such a very bad review about my dying bride (im strongly sure that this review is not about this album), then I have permission to talk about it, havent I?
23.04.2009 - 12:02
Rating: 7
Enissa
Lol, This Review just read my mind!! thanks a lot jupitreas, you wrote down every word in the right place...
Though I think its better than their other albums cause its with violin features, I cant listen to it whole in whole or I will be throwing myself from the window from this depressed (Music & Lyrics)!! and believe me I have what is enough for me right now!!!
my rate was 8 first but now is 7 after a few listens, maybe it will get worse!!
23.04.2009 - 12:19
Enissa
Written by jupitreas on 23.04.2009 at 11:09

Hey you guys. a review is a subjective opinion. deal with it.

Dont mind them, I think this review is truly describing the album, not attacking the whole genre! You described exactly what this album is about: What is always expected from MDB, Depressed lyrics & music about the vocalist's "Dying Bride", and this is annoying for true speaking
I mean its about time to try something new, like why dont they write about things the doom bands usually talk about?!!!
23.04.2009 - 12:26
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Enissa on 23.04.2009 at 12:19

Dont mind them, I think this review is truly describing the album, not attacking the whole genre! You described exactly what this album is about: What is always expected from MDB, Depressed lyrics & music about the vocalist's "Dying Bride", and this is annoying for true speaking
I mean its about time to try something new, like why dont they write about things the doom bands usually talk about?!!!

i really cant understand if loved this review then why you gave it a 7 !!! and again if loved this review how can you say that strong part of this album is its Violin? !!! pffffff gods bless u!
23.04.2009 - 12:38
Enissa
Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 12:26

i really cant understand if loved this review then when you gave it a 7 !!! and again if loved this review how can you say that strong part of this album is its Violin? !!! pffffff gods bless u!

My blessed Son, as mentioned before, You have to read the words with its "English" cause I didnt speak Hyroglophic and dont!
I said that after a few listens I gave 7 after I gave it 8 after the first listen, not because I like the review, and the reiview did say that this album include a lot of violin parts, and to be honest this is the only goof thing about the album!
So please next time try to be not Drunk or High when reading these posts, ok???
23.04.2009 - 12:41
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Azrael on 23.04.2009 at 12:29

many of you have commented it to be MDB's worst one to date.

Well .I don't think so. I consider it as a great album but i admit that it's not the best of MDB and i assume that many people agree with this.

Apart from MDB and this album. with the consideration that MS is one of the biggest Metal sites out there and jupitreas as a staff member.
Is this a good way to review an album? I don't think so.
Is this a good point in MS recored? I don't think so.
I belief that such things especially from a staff members has a negative effect on MS.

EDIT: I'm not a big fan of arguing but this is for the good of MS.

I didnt read worse than this review in MS. and I m agree with you that alot of ppl arent agree that this album is a bad album. cause as I see its point is 8.3 right now. maybe after this review ppl like Angel_Lament, changes their mind to give it a lower point! WTF?
yes we have such ppl
23.04.2009 - 12:45
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Enissa on 23.04.2009 at 12:38

i really cant understand if loved this review then when you gave it a 7 !!! and again if loved this review how can you say that strong part of this album is its Violin? !!! pffffff gods bless u!

My blessed Son, as mentioned before, You have to read the words with its "English" cause I didnt speak Hyroglophic and dont!
I said that after a few listens I gave 7 after I gave it 8 after the first listen, not because I like the review, and the reiview did say that this album include a lot of violin parts, and to be honest this is the only goof thing about the album!

Look, I just cut myself, this violin sounds like a razor blade slicing my arteries. Now let me read some Shakespeare to you. Pain. Suffering. My ex-girlfriend. Religion. Violins as razors again. Crimson red drops of blood meandering like the wine from the Holy Grail. Your ex-girlfriend. Pain. Violins. Shakespeare. Latin references, look how deep I am. Bleeding love. Now look, I'm angry for a moment!!! Speed. I'm angry!!! AAAAA... OK, now, I'm sad again. Depression. Shattered passion. Violins. Pain. Goodbye.

i think it was written with annoying itallic words and that was why you absolutely misunderstood it man!

and he talked about stereotyped violins:

For Lies I Sire is the first My Dying Bride album to feature violins since Like Gods Of The Sun and as a consequence sounds quite similar to that record.

read carefully its not arabic its english.

Edited: sorry I didnt know that you are arab: "read carefully its not greek its english." **
23.04.2009 - 12:53
Enissa
Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 12:45

Written by Enissa on 23.04.2009 at 12:38

i think it was written with annoying itallic words and that was why you absolutely misunderstood it man!

and he talked about stereotyped violins:

For Lies I Sire is the first My Dying Bride album to feature violins since Like Gods Of The Sun and as a consequence sounds quite similar to that record.

read carefully its not arabic its english.

Edited: sorry I didnt know that you are arab: "read carefully its not greek its english." **

It contains violin parts, I dont care if its Stereotyped or they done it with their hair & stick of wood, the Imporant thing is that I said I like The violin parts only and that is the Truth, But you keep on Whining about things I didnt say, and I can be arguing all day long If you want to!!
23.04.2009 - 13:36
Enissa
Written by Azrael on 23.04.2009 at 12:53

Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 12:41

Written by Azrael on 23.04.2009 at 12:29

many of you have commented it to be MDB's worst one to date.

Well .I don't think so. I consider it as a great album but i admit that it's not the best of MDB and i assume that many people agree with this.

Apart from MDB and this album. with the consideration that MS is one of the biggest Metal sites out there and jupitreas as a staff member.
Is this a good way to review an album? I don't think so.
Is this a good point in MS recored? I don't think so.
I belief that such things especially from a staff members has a negative effect on MS.

EDIT: I'm not a big fan of arguing but this is for the good of MS.

I didnt read worse than this review in MS. and I m agree with you that alot of ppl arent agree that this album is a bad album. cause as I see its point is 8.3 right now. maybe after this review ppl like Angel_Lament, changes their mind to give it a lower point! WTF?
yes we have such ppl

There are too many people whom like to follow the gaggle in a blindly way due the fact that they can't make their own mind.

Why Dont you Please speak for yourself only?!! Those ppl you & that noisy creature are talking about listen To Music (and not only MEtal) Since they were about 7 years old, So Im quiet sure I know what Im talking about, and Im the One to blame to post my point Of view not detailed with words as (You Bastards read closely and dont misunderstood What I say, and please dont read while you're fucked up from drinking, ok?)
For God Sake, I don't speak Greek Or Mangolian, I said I rated it 8 after the first listen, then I figured it was a high rate after a few listens I dropeed it down to 7, ARE YOU BLIND OR WHAT???!!!!
23.04.2009 - 15:01
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Azrael on 23.04.2009 at 12:53

There are too many people whom like to follow the gaggle in a blindly way due the fact that they can't make their own mind.

totally agree with you
23.04.2009 - 15:13
Rating: 5
gid
Guys, this is getting silly.

You may not agree with jupitreas' review, that's up to you. He wrote his opinion, as he was asked to. That's as simple as it should be. As for it reflecting badly on Metal Storm, personally I think it'd be worse for Metal Storm's reputation if he'd reviewed it dishonestly.
23.04.2009 - 15:23
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by gid on 23.04.2009 at 15:13

You may not agree with jupitreas' review, that's up to you. He wrote his opinion, as he was asked to. That's as simple as it should be. As for it reflecting badly on Metal Storm, personally I think it'd be worse for Metal Storm's reputation if he'd reviewed it dishonestly.

so to be honest you have to insult a band and its fans since their first album till now!
23.04.2009 - 15:24
Rating: 3
enumaelis
I agree with jupitreas. It made me to yawn more than once
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
23.04.2009 - 15:29
gid
Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 15:23

so to be honest you have to insult a band and its fans since their first album till now!

If that's what he honestly feels, yes that is being honest. And if you're seriously going to take a review as a personal insult, you probably shouldn't be on the Internet. If you really like the album why does this reviewer's opinion matter to you so much?
23.04.2009 - 15:45
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by gid on 23.04.2009 at 15:29

If that's what he honestly feels, yes that is being honest. And if you're seriously going to take a review as a personal insult, you probably shouldn't be on the Internet. If you really like the album why does this reviewer's opinion matter to you so much?

no I dontl like this album, but your questions is so funny! cause ppl who likes an album would read about it and write about it! you have to answer me that if you dont like this album why you waste your time?
23.04.2009 - 15:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 15:45

if you dont like this album why you waste your time?

Ahhhhh, right!
So you think that people who thinks an album is bad shouldn't write a review about it?
It's called freedom of speech, dude. Get over it.
It's like you beg that every damn review most be done by someone who likes the cd and give it a nice review...

And if you dislike this review soooooo much, then write your own! I'm tired of guys that are whining and whining about how unfair is a review but they don't do nothing about it.
____

What I think about the album? It's a proof that the only albums that I need to buy are from the beginning to the last good album that was Songs Of Darkness...

Written by Introspekrieg on 23.04.2009 at 01:17

Written by Ask on 22.04.2009 at 21:21

This was intensely disappointing. Their second worst album in their discography only to 34.788%.

Aw man I must be crazy for liking that one...

Yay! I'm not alone anymore... I though I was crazy as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.04.2009 - 15:55
gid

Written by gid on 23.04.2009 at 15:29

no I dontl like this album, but your questions is so funny! cause ppl who likes an album would read about it and write about it! you have to answer me that if you dont like this album why you waste your time?

Because I was interested in the review, and then baffled by the amount of people getting their panties in a twist about it. I think I initially got drawn into the conversation because someone said they thought that 34.788%... Complete was the worst album when I think it's one of their best. But I digress. I was just trying to give all the people screaming for the review to be taken down a little perspective.
23.04.2009 - 15:59
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.04.2009 at 15:50

Ahhhhh, right!
So you think that people who thinks an album is bad shouldn't write a review about it?
It's called freedom of speech, dude. Get over it.

And if you dislike this review soooooo much, then write your own! I'm tired of guys that are whining and whining about how unfair is a review but they don't do nothing about it.
____

What I think about the album? It's a proof that the only albums that I need to buy are from the beginning to the last good album that was Songs Of Darkness...

then I have to talk about fair and unfair again! Mr. Doctor, first of all I dont have permission to write a review this soon! second I dont like this album, third I think this review is not about this album, its talks about whole MDB's thought and works! and I think its the 10th time that I mention it. I dont say why jupiteras has written such review, I say why he tried to show whole MDB's works as a meaning profect! understand or I have to be write it 10 time again!?

if I had permission to write a review about this album I wouldnt give it more than 6.5 man, and its their worst album its somthin like St.Anger for metallica! this album is absolutely weak and powerless! but MDB is not a crying man who loves his ex-grilfrinds and MDB is not Shaksper in love! and shaksper is a respectful man himself, I dont think that he would caount his name in this review!
23.04.2009 - 16:01
Janne
Hugin
I was curious about your ratings but I haven't found them..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
23.04.2009 - 16:02
gid
Man, learn to stop taking what you read so seriously. This sounds rich coming from me, but lighten up. Really.
23.04.2009 - 16:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 15:59

Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.04.2009 at 15:50

Ahhhhh, right!

then I have to talk about fair and unfair again! Mr. Doctor, first of all I dont have permission to write a review this soon! second I dont like this album, third I think this review is not about this album, its talks about whole MDB's thought and works! and I think its the 10th time that I mention it. I dont say why jupiteras has written such review, I say why he tried to show whole MDB's works as a meaning profect! understand or I have to be write it 10 time again!?

Chill out man, take some pills for your period.

You haven't answer my question. Because your coment that I quoted clearly says that you think that someone who doesn't like the album shouldn't write about it. The only thing you said is why you disliked the review and that's not what I wanted to know.
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.04.2009 - 16:24
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
@Mr. Doctor , so scroll up you will find why! cause someone said that "if you like this album why you read this review!" and I answered him like that. ok? its not my opinion that ppl should shut up about about an album which they dont like.
23.04.2009 - 16:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Sooo... I guess you didn't take the pill. No problem.
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.04.2009 - 16:30
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.04.2009 at 16:28

Sooo... I guess you didn't take the pill. No problem.

I borrowed them to jupiteras to take them before every review about an album or band which he hates! then he wouldnt do such mistakes again. thankz
23.04.2009 - 16:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 16:30

I borrowed them to jupiteras to take them before every review about an album or band which he hates! then he wouldnt do such mistakes again. thankz

I don't think so, Most of us men don't have any sort of period and therefore do not care of the review being or not being of our liking. Jupitreas is probably as most of us, the type of person that don't care for whining review and whining users.

But yeah, There are some exceptions, that's why I gave you pills for free
Bye.
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.04.2009 - 16:45
Rating: 10
Emperor IX
After there tenth full release and a few E.P's over the years, its good to see My Dying Bride come back and do what they do best. That is emotional, thought provoking doom metal.

I really enjoyed this album. Great melodies, lyrics and songwriting. Production and artwork are absolutely perfect. Good to see My Dying Bride embrace the use of the violin again as it adds to the overall emotion of the album.

As with previous releases, MDB again manages to pour emotion and pain into there songs and into every guitar riff especially on the first track My Body, A Funeral, and also in other songs like The Lies I Sire, Santuario Di Sangue, A Chapter In Loathing, and Death Triumphant.

Every song grabbed my attention in some way and the album never got boring, the changes in tempo are perfectly placed in each song which add a great deal of harmony and balance throughout the album.

There is something here for all MDB fans, whether you like the old sounds with the violins, acoustic rhythm patterns layered by sweeping melodies, or even small bursts of black metal.

To everyone else who has not heard MDB and is curious, its not there best work, my favorite being Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light, but its definitely an album worth listening to if you have any interest in doom metal.

I give it an 8.5/10
23.04.2009 - 16:49
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.04.2009 at 16:39

Written by Guest on 23.04.2009 at 16:30

I don't think so, Most of us men don't have any sort of period and therefore do not care of the review being or not being of our liking. Jupitreas is probably as most of us, the type of person that don't care for whining review and whining users.

But yeah, There are some exceptions, that's why I gave you pills for free
Bye.

Written by quirin on 22.04.2009 at 13:26

Neverending whining never was my cup of tea either. I'll pass.
Funny review, by the way - I laughed my ass off reading the first paragraph!

its the first post, so its so clear that who is whining. but dont take it so personal man cause at least 90% of ppl in this topic are agree with me.

Hits total: 16921 | This month: 31