Metal Storm logo
Slipknot

Original post

Posted by tulkas, 14.07.2006 - 09:15
Outside metal one of my favorite bands is Slipknot. I really like it for all the ideology they transmit with their music and their lyrics, which I consider the best I´ve seen. The thing is, a lot of my friends bother me because they don´t like it for some reason, soooo I just wanted to hear your opinion about this band, whether you like it or not and why, and if there´s any other fans like me out there?
04.01.2013 - 10:39
Metalandy92
Written by Slayer666 on 03.01.2013 at 20:58

Written by Guest on 03.01.2013 at 20:51

same can be applied to ma, their elitism over nu and core is somehow offset by acceptance of power metal..so yeah

Uh, no... Joe said he hates power metal, yet still accepts is as metal. The heads of MA hate Nu-metal and for the most part don't accept it as a legitimate subgenre of metal, which it clearly is. Basically, they don't like it = not metal. That's the finest example of hypocrisy, right there.

I hope you can finally wrap your head around this easy-to-understand (but not for you, apparently) distinction and this argument can stop taking up space on a Slipknot thread.

Power metal is a subgenre that can be a lot of different things.But its still metal it comes from Heavy metal.Nu metal is more raprock.
04.01.2013 - 10:41
Metalandy92
Written by FinnishSammich on 04.01.2013 at 01:50

Nice commentwar there, guys

Written by Metalandy92 on 03.01.2013 at 12:52

They are fucking terrible and the maggots(faggots) is annoying kids.

Yeah, you totally seem like a chill guy and not annoying at all.

----------------------------------

Bonus quiz here.

In his possible reply, is Metalandy92 going to attack

A) My age?
B) Bands what I like?
C) My nationality?
D) My *insert anything here*?

If you think the answer is (D, post your answer in this thread! You might get somekind of prize if your answer is correct.

Timelimit: Until Metalandy92 sees this reply

I have no reason to talk about your nationality,but its no surprise that 16 year olds like shitknot.

It really pisses me off when I hear people calling them death metal or thrash metal.
04.01.2013 - 11:15
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The post above is a perfect illustration of something I highlighted in an earlier post in this thread. Attacking Slipknot as being "for kids", and then being extremely immature in the way they put the band down. It's amazing how this irony is lost on so many of these people, but then again, spotting the irony is probably beyond their level of intellect.

"Shitknot"? You can expect a kid to use such immature epithets, but if you're over the age of 16 and still using terms like this, then you really need to grow up. Or don't be surprised when people who have grown up (doesn't matter what actual age you are!) give your views very short shrift. The moment people use childish terms like that ("Gaytallica" is another example of this I've seen a lot) to put down a band, I can't take them seriously at all. Acting like a child to put down a so-called "kids band", you really couldn't make it up, could you?
04.01.2013 - 11:48
Uldreth
Written by Metalandy92 on 04.01.2013 at 10:36

Most metalheads I have met hate shitknot.

Anecdotes.

Most metalheads I have met are stupid, ignorant, close-minded, hypocritical and smelly.

That sure proves /everything/.
04.01.2013 - 12:19
Metalandy92
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.01.2013 at 11:15

The post above is a perfect illustration of something I highlighted in an earlier post in this thread. Attacking Slipknot as being "for kids", and then being extremely immature in the way they put the band down. It's amazing how this irony is lost on so many of these people, but then again, spotting the irony is probably beyond their level of intellect.

"Shitknot"? You can expect a kid to use such immature epithets, but if you're over the age of 16 and still using terms like this, then you really need to grow up. Or don't be surprised when people who have grown up (doesn't matter what actual age you are!) give your views very short shrift. The moment people use childish terms like that ("Gaytallica" is another example of this I've seen a lot) to put down a band, I can't take them seriously at all. Acting like a child to put down a so-called "kids band", you really couldn't make it up, could you?

Im just using their real name.
04.01.2013 - 16:15
IronAngel
Haha, this topic.

With no love for Slipknot, I too will attest that they are metal. I don't see what there is to contest that. If the name alone doesn't say nu metal is metal, I don't know what will. Genres are descriptive tags of how music is perceived, and nu metal is overwhelmingly accepted as a legitimate (if often disdained) metal genre.

I also learned years and year ago that Metal Archives is unprofessional, unsophisticated, and plain wrong. And certainly not authoritative. I'm not saying MS is, either. I find the whole endeavor to draw normative borders between genres immature and not critically defensible. But MS is a lot more reasonable and accurate. Do yourself a favor and believe that. Dare to live in uncertainty. Just because you don't have an infallible alternative to fall back on doesn't mean you should blindly accept what you consider the "next best thing" (rightly or not). The world is not a black-and-white place; you won't find easy answers because there are none.

Just, believe us. We're all people from different backgrounds with different tastes, we disagree on many things, and we're all telling you how it is.
04.01.2013 - 21:34
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Metalandy92 on 04.01.2013 at 12:19

Then I suppose I'll call you by your real name, too.
But, whatever. We should get back on topic. So grow up, Dickweed.
That's the name I chose for you. Dickweed. I think it suits you nicely.
07.01.2013 - 10:38
Metalandy92
Shitknot is pop,same with avenged semenfold.
07.01.2013 - 14:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Metalandy92 on 07.01.2013 at 10:38

Metalpansy92 must really think he is a tough guy...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.01.2013 - 14:33
Metalandy92
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.01.2013 at 14:26

Written by Metalandy92 on 07.01.2013 at 10:38

Metalpansy92 must really think he is a tough guy...

Paul Gray sucked at bass

Paul Gray=Lamest bassplayer ever

Is Duality or whatever that shitty song is called metal?

Joey Jordinsons drumming is absolutely pathetic,he need 3 drummers to be able to play live
07.01.2013 - 14:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Metalandy92 on 07.01.2013 at 14:33

Joey Jordinsons drumming is absolutely pathetic,he need 3 drummers to be able to play live

and this statement about Joey Jordison immediately disqualifies any statement of yours concerning metal.
I personally hate Slipknow and think their music is absolutely crap but saying Joey Jordison is a pathetic drummer shows you are clearly blinded by your hate for Slipknot.
Jordison is one of the best metal drummers around.
It is not without reason he has filled in live for Satyricon, Slayer and Metallica without any problems.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.01.2013 - 14:47
Slayer666
I'm still baffled as to how people fail to see what an unbelievably obvious troll this MetalAndy douche is. Was your first interaction with Internet yesterday or something?
07.01.2013 - 15:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Slayer666 on 07.01.2013 at 14:47

I'm still baffled as to how people fail to see what an unbelievably obvious troll this MetalAndy douche is. Was your first interaction with Internet yesterday or something?

not a troll just an annoying kid who thinks he knows it all and tries to come across all tough and has to be set straight. CynicMetalhead is a troll, this is just a misguided kid
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.01.2013 - 15:18
Metalandy92
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.01.2013 at 14:36

Written by Metalandy92 on 07.01.2013 at 14:33

and this statement about Joey Jordison immediately disqualifies any statement of yours concerning metal.
I personally hate Slipknow and think their music is absolutely crap but saying Joey Jordison is a pathetic drummer shows you are clearly blinded by your hate for Slipknot.
Jordison is one of the best metal drummers around.
It is not without reason he has filled in live for Satyricon, Slayer and Metallica without any problems.

He is nothing compared to Hellhammer,Nick Menza,Gar Samuelson,Nicko Mcbrain,Anders Johannson,Shawn Drover,Jurgen Reil,Dave Lombardo and many others.
07.01.2013 - 15:19
Metalandy92

How can I be a troll when Im telling the truth.
07.01.2013 - 15:20
Metalandy92
Written by Guest on 04.01.2013 at 21:34

Written by Metalandy92 on 04.01.2013 at 12:19

Then I suppose I'll call you by your real name, too.
But, whatever. We should get back on topic. So grow up, Dickweed.
That's the name I chose for you. Dickweed. I think it suits you nicely.

Then I can Call you maggotfaggot since you defend shitknot.
07.01.2013 - 15:21
Metalandy92
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.01.2013 at 15:13

not a troll just an annoying kid who thinks he knows it all and tries to come across all tough and has to be set straight. CynicMetalhead is a troll, this is just a misguided kid

What do you put in the word kid?
07.01.2013 - 15:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Metalandy92 on 07.01.2013 at 15:18

He is nothing compared to Hellhammer,Nick Menza,Gar Samuelson,Nicko Mcbrain,Anders Johannson,Shawn Drover,Jurgen Reil,Dave Lombardo and many others.

mmm, let me see he is a few classes above Jurgen Reil(Ventor), Nicko McBrain, I would even dare say Nick Menza, because Joey is way more versatile, Shawn Drover (my God is he a boring and limited drummer as he proves time and time again with megadeth currently), Anders Johansson (I am guessing you mean the Hammerfall drummer).
Hellhammer is on Joey's level. The only two that you mentioned there who I consider better than Joey are Gar Samuelson and Dave Lombardo
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.01.2013 - 15:45
Metalandy92
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.01.2013 at 15:25

Written by Metalandy92 on 07.01.2013 at 15:18

mmm, let me see he is a few classes above Jurgen Reil(Ventor), Nicko McBrain, I would even dare say Nick Menza, because Joey is way more versatile, Shawn Drover (my God is he a boring and limited drummer as he proves time and time again with megadeth currently), Anders Johansson (I am guessing you mean the Hammerfall drummer).
Hellhammer is on Joey's level. The only two that you mentioned there who I consider better than Joey are Gar Samuelson and Dave Lombardo

Joey Jordison is so fucking overrated.He isn't that good. And yes im talkin about the drummer from Hammerfall who also played with Yngwie Malmsteen and many other bands.
Slipknot has 3 drummers for fucks sake.

The guys I mentioned can do the job alone.

Lots of other drummers that are better than jordison.

Saying Joey is better than these guys is like saying Synyster Gates is a better guitarist than anyone in the
07.01.2013 - 16:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah this is where is we send our resident 15 year old to the naughty corner and ignore him now. He has nothing new to say.
07.01.2013 - 17:22
thundercunt
Account deleted
Agree, a cat gotta stop payin dis kid his attenshun
he jus tryna rile up a cupple brothas fo an ego boost
thinkin he witty wit namecallin like shitknot
07.01.2013 - 18:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
.... I feel like I've now stepped into MS' equivelant of the Twilight Zone.... lol
07.01.2013 - 23:19
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Metalandy92 on 07.01.2013 at 15:45

Joey Jordison is so fucking overrated.He isn't that good. And yes im talkin about the drummer from Hammerfall who also played with Yngwie Malmsteen and many other bands.

Wrong again, idiot. Those three drummers individually have more talent than most of the drummers you listed.

Saying Joey is better than these guys is like saying Synyster Gates is a better guitarist than anyone in the

Fail. But I'm pretty sure he'd be better than anyone you'd list since you don't seem to know dick about talent.
But, eh... You're boring me. This conversation is over.
08.01.2013 - 01:07
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Quote:

I had no clue there were drummers out there with 6 limbs, interesting. Did Goro, Kintaro and Sheeva come to our world and start spawning drummers or am I missing something...

While we're getting ridiculous with comparing drummers...there are any number of BDM drummers that can make all previously mentioned drummers look like amateurish wannabes.

Some people really know how to invalidate their own arguments so much better than any outsider...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

08.01.2013 - 02:05
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ Someone knows their Mortal Kombat! If Goro took up drumming, he'd be the greatest of all time...

There's only one drummer in Slipknot, and that's Joey. There are people (like Marcel) who don't like Slipknot, but still acknowledge that Joey is a great drummer. These people are honest, and just genuinely don't like Slipknot. The people who slate Joey, and rubbish his drumming skills are just bandwagon jumping posers, who are merely trying their best to prove their "metal cred", all the while stripping themselves of any credibility whatsoever. At least to non-sheep who can think for themselves.

Again, 100% agreed. Shawn Drover better than Joey? Shawn is leagues behind Nick Menza, and even Nick is probably weaker in a technical sense than Joey. Although it is very close.

Even on the more recent Megadeth material which is otherwise great (like "Sleepwalker"), Shawn sounds so boring, and brings the songs down, when a great drummer elevates the songs.
08.01.2013 - 11:31
Metalandy92
Written by Guest on 07.01.2013 at 23:19

Wrong again, idiot. Those three drummers individually have more talent than most of the drummers you listed.

Fail. But I'm pretty sure he'd be better than anyone you'd list since you don't seem to know dick about talent.
But, eh... You're boring me. This conversation is over.

No you don't know shit about talent.

Everyone I mentioned is better than that fag jordison.

Is Suckister ass better than Dave MUstaine,Tony Iommi,Ritchie Blackmore or Yngwie Malmsteen?
is he better than CHris Broderick,Jeff Loomis,Dave Murray or Adrian Smith
08.01.2013 - 11:33
Metalandy92
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.01.2013 at 02:05

^^ Someone knows their Mortal Kombat! If Goro took up drumming, he'd be the greatest of all time...

There's only one drummer in Slipknot, and that's Joey. There are people (like Marcel) who don't like Slipknot, but still acknowledge that Joey is a great drummer. These people are honest, and just genuinely don't like Slipknot. The people who slate Joey, and rubbish his drumming skills are just bandwagon jumping posers, who are merely trying their best to prove their "metal cred", all the while stripping themselves of any credibility whatsoever. At least to non-sheep who can think for themselves.

Again, 100% agreed. Shawn Drover better than Joey? Shawn is leagues behind Nick Menza, and even Nick is probably weaker in a technical sense than Joey. Although it is very close.

Even on the more recent Megadeth material which is otherwise great (like "Sleepwalker"), Shawn sounds so boring, and brings the songs down, when a great drummer elevates the songs.

Shawn is still a good drummer and Megadeth is a great band.According to Mustaine Menza became weaker in his last years in Megadeth.
09.01.2013 - 16:44
Jtbmetal123
I grew up listening to Slipknot and now 6 years later, I can honestly say that Iowa is probably their heaviest they will ever make. I think Slipknot is badass. Plus, Corey Taylors vocals are brutal on 9.0 Live and self titled.
23.01.2013 - 02:32
stupid noob
Account deleted
Easily one of my all time favorite bands, the only thing I don't like about their latest album is that it sounds a little too much like they were trying to continue with the success of Stone Sour. There's a reason these two bands have different names Corey! Slipknot fans wanna hear Slipknot, Stone Sour fans will go buy a Stone Sour album if they want to.
28.01.2013 - 14:35
Jtbmetal123
Written by Guest on 23.01.2013 at 02:32

Easily one of my all time favorite bands, the only thing I don't like about their latest album is that it sounds a little too much like they were trying to continue with the success of Stone Sour. There's a reason these two bands have different names Corey! Slipknot fans wanna hear Slipknot, Stone Sour fans will go buy a Stone Sour album if they want to.

I think Slipknot is gone, as much as I love that band. They are yesterdays news. Corey and Jim moved on to Stone Sour.