Metal Storm logo
Fear Factory - Line-Up Reshuffle & Reunite With Dino Cazares

Fear Factory have had a complete line-up change including the original members Dino Cazares (guitar) rejoining along side Burton C. Bell (vocals) as well as bassist Byron Stroud and Gene Hoglan to play drums. The band will also play some festivals this summer.

Metal Hammer conducted an exclusive interview with Burton and Dino to talk about their friendship, why Raymond Herrera and Christian Olde Wolbers aren't included in the band any more, and their plans for a new album.

The interview can be found at this location:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/world-exclusive-fear-factory-interview/

Source: metalhammer.co.uk
Band profile: Fear Factory
Posted: 28.04.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 142 users
28.04.2009 - 23:10
Baz Anderson

Well, that's interesting!
Sounds like the other two were just kicked out though.. so I doubt they are very happy.
28.04.2009 - 23:36
gid

Weird. I had always considered Raymond and Christian to be the backbone of the band. The stuff Christian wrote for Archetype was heavy as hell too.
28.04.2009 - 23:36
Hamird
Lieutenant
No way. Very bad news..
Firstly because there is no Raymond Herrera on drums.. It's all bad bad news.. I like Fear Factory for Herrera's amazing power in drumming.
Secondly, I liked Fear Factory's stuff after Cazares left the band. Archetype and Transgression are much better than their previous stuff..
29.04.2009 - 00:46
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Good news... Gene Hoglan is a beast and Demanufacture was Fear Factory's peak album IMO. Really inconsistent music after that...
29.04.2009 - 01:20
Arcticus

Hmmm interesting, Herrera was an awesome drummer, but is he better than the behemoth that is Gene Hoglan? Doubtful. Also, considering the circumstances and the aftermath of the split between Cazares and the rest of the band, I am very surprised they are reuniting. Ah well, any future music they make will be intriguing, very intriguing indeed.
29.04.2009 - 02:15
brapp32

Not happy about this. Christian did a fine job replacing dino on guitar and raymond herrera is great on the drums. Hopefully it still sounds good.
29.04.2009 - 03:27
Carrion Misery

Written by Introspekrieg on 29.04.2009 at 00:46

Good news... Gene Hoglan is a beast and Demanufacture was Fear Factory's peak album IMO. Really inconsistent music after that...

No doubt about that, Intro. I am very interested in what Gene is going to bring to fear factory. Not to mention he and Byron have a history working together. Raymond was an ultra tight drummer, but he is a different drummer than Gene. I think Gene can be just as tight, but throw a few more subdivisions into the beat. I am interested.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
29.04.2009 - 06:22
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Yeah good to see Hoglan back in action now that SYL is defunct for the time being.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.04.2009 - 07:32
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Great.. plans for a new album.. that's all I care about.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
29.04.2009 - 11:20
Darkside Momo
Retired
Well, I'm sure to check the future album, but... This line-up stuff is weird.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
01.05.2009 - 06:12
Symmachus

Gene Hoglan! He's a great drummer.
01.05.2009 - 09:49
Opethian

I was listening to old Fear Factory last night and it just gave me Goosebumps, knowing that Dino is Back !!!! OMFG their new record is going to be AWESOMENESS !!!!!!!! Also Gene Hoglan is drumming EPIIIIIIIIIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be eagerly waiting for more FF news ! Also wishing you guys the best ! FEAR FACTORY FTW !!!!!!
01.05.2009 - 09:55
Opethian

Quote:
Quote author=1304 date=2009-04-28 23:36:41]
No way. Very bad news..
Firstly because there is no Raymond Herrera on drums.. It's all bad bad news.. I like Fear Factory for Herrera's amazing power in drumming.
Secondly, I liked Fear Factory's stuff after Cazares left the band. Archetype and Transgression are much better than their previous stuff..

are you serious TRansgression was really boring. The only Transgression was that they went from good to crap on that album. Blame the record company for rushing that release !
01.05.2009 - 12:59
Hamird
Lieutenant
Quote:
Written by Opethian on 01.05.2009 at 09:55

Quote author=1304 date=2009-04-28 23:36:41]
No way. Very bad news..

are you serious TRansgression was really boring. The only Transgression was that they went from good to crap on that album. Blame the record company for rushing that release !

Boring? It was great.. "New Promise" and cover of Killing Joke's "Millenium" are enough to make this album a very nice album..
03.05.2009 - 09:23
psykometal
A staff guy...
Are you kidding me. FF went down the crapper after dino left. Demanufacture was fukng awesome. im not saying chrisitan and raymond arent a good combo because they are, im just saying that i prefer the dino years of FF. as for the addition of mr gene hoglan im not sure how to feel about his addition, i love the man and his style so im not questioning his ability but im not sure how im going to like what he does with FF. as for christian and raymond, if you dont know they are in a new band now called Arkaea with jon howard and pat kavanagh from Threat Signal. the debut album from the band comes out in june. i cant wait for it. i love Threat Signal and Arkaea has a song posted on their myspace and it sounds like some really good stuff.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

04.05.2009 - 08:30
Opethian

Written by psykometal on 03.05.2009 at 09:23

Are you kidding me. FF went down the crapper after dino left. Demanufacture was fukng awesome. im not saying chrisitan and raymond arent a good combo because they are, im just saying that i prefer the dino years of FF. as for the addition of mr gene hoglan im not sure how to feel about his addition, i love the man and his style so im not questioning his ability but im not sure how im going to like what he does with FF. as for christian and raymond, if you dont know they are in a new band now called Arkaea with jon howard and pat kavanagh from Threat Signal. the debut album from the band comes out in june. i cant wait for it. i love Threat Signal and Arkaea has a song posted on their myspace and it sounds like some really good stuff.

Your nervous about Gene Hoglan playing for Fear Factory? dude this guy makes sweeet love to his drums! Great drummer IMO, Just cant wait to see what he bring to FF. With Dino back thats something that FF needed back.
04.05.2009 - 22:07
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Opethian on 04.05.2009 at 08:30

Written by psykometal on 03.05.2009 at 09:23

Your nervous about Gene Hoglan playing for Fear Factory? dude this guy makes sweeet love to his drums! Great drummer IMO, Just cant wait to see what he bring to FF. With Dino back thats something that FF needed back.

oh i do agree about that. Gene Hoglan is a phenomenal drummer. i just dont want to see his record tarnished because FF may not be able to come up with the goods with this new lineup. idk call me a skeptic about this sort of thing but i do still look forward to hearing what they can do together. will definitely be interesting...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

04.05.2009 - 22:47
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Well, I think Raymond could have matched Hoglan back in his heyday (ie Demanufacture) but his drumming has steadily been declining in quality on more recent albums. Seems like he lost his touch.

This new lineup could really go either way though. Time will tell.

Hits total: 5462 | This month: 6