Metal Storm logo
Songs To Get High To

Original post

Posted by , 03.05.2009 - 01:12
Hey there MS.

So as some of you may have noticed, I have this mad crush on Mary Jane
When I smoke weed, I like to lay back and listen to music, as I follow the sounds I achieve some insights as marijuana is a conscious/spiritual substance.
Of course in this state of consciousness I like listening to Reggae, Meditational/Indian Music, Classic/Psychedelic Rock, Psytrance, Hardcore Techno, G-Funk/Rap.
But I find there's very few metal that's good to listen to when high.

So far I've found that while high i like Katatonia, Isis, Agalloch, Swallow The Sun, Lost Horizon and some Six Feet Under songs.

What metal bands or songs would you recommend me to listen to while high?

thanks.
19.02.2013 - 15:24
whatsacow

Tool is great when your high I find, especially the Lateralus album. I also really like Cynic's newest EP Carbon Based Anatomy when I'm high... And Cult of Luna isn't bat either.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
10.03.2013 - 00:21
skrog1

Everything. Everything is better when you're stoned.

Although some of my fav's from back in the day were Pink Floyd and The Doors.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
10.06.2013 - 13:14
behdad_sh

Your answer is definitely Saturnus
here's some track: A Lonely Passage , Softly On The Path You Fade , Thou Art Free , Thus My Heart Weepeth For Thee , The Fall Of Nakkiel , All Alone and To The Dreams
but you should listen to all band's album.
11.06.2013 - 09:53
no one
Account deleted
Paysage d'hiver
lustre
12.06.2013 - 11:26
Aseliot

Anything from Fullmoon Bongzai xD
----
Anál nathrach,
orth' bháis's bethad,
do chél dénmha
17.09.2013 - 08:06
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Little People, Leeway, Lost Horizon, Geto Boys, UGK...

It all depends on the setting and mindset. If I happen to take a bake and after a little bit, drive, I insist on either rap music or majestic, soaring power metal. Unless I'm unhappy at the present time, in which case I go for either Windir, Angerfist, or Cor Scorpii. Any of those, I'm always down to listen to whilst baked haha.

But since it's songs we're talking about...

Little People: Start Shootin' (Little People's Americana Remix)
Lost Horizon: Pure or Sworn in the Metal Wind
Geto Boys: Assassins
UGK: Like a Pimp
Windir: Blodssvik
Angerfist: almost anything, but especially Just Know (Remix), Incoming, Bite Yo Style (Remix) and Road to Fame (I:gor remix)
Cor Scorpii: Helvetesfossen
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.09.2013 - 09:02
Gonzo_Infidel
Account deleted
Ulver
17.09.2013 - 19:21
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.09.2013 at 09:02

Ulver

Yeah.

Arcturus, Abruptum, Dødheimsgard and Ved Buens Ende too.
19.09.2013 - 00:00
Thrash del Sur

Every good band wil sound better under weed's effect, but I think the next ones are special for that situation:
Metal: Orange Goblin, Corrossion Of Conformity (Pepper Keenan era), Black Sabbath (Ozzy's era is the Shit), Tool, Morbid Angel (the slow ones), Metallica (the good albums), High on Fire, Black Label Society, Pantera, Mastodon (the last 2 o 3 records specially), Type O negative...You'll find out many more!

Classic Rock: The Doors (Essential), Led Zepellin lml, Deep Purple.
19.09.2013 - 21:17
Ishwa

Huntress, Arsonists Get All the Girls, Iwrestledabearonce, and Born of Osiris.
----
Ishwa
19.09.2013 - 22:39
Mad Arab666

Ornassi pazuzu have sweet sound that's just begs you to get high.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
27.09.2013 - 20:25
Gonzo_Infidel
Account deleted
15.08.2016 - 19:39
Chaos666

For me, I love smoking while listening to Rainbow. I only really like the albums Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Rising, and Long Live Rock N Roll because they are the only 3 albums that have Ritchie Blackmore on guitar and Ronnie James Dio on vocals.
16.08.2016 - 01:21
The Batlord

I'm feeling good listening to some Congress and that shit is hitting like a fucking hammer. Belgian H8000 metalcore. It makes Hatebreed sound like hacks. This shit thumps but it even puts many extreme metal to shame.

(edit: oh shit the embedded videos are working)

----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
16.08.2016 - 08:09
Metal Ninja

The albums by Goatsnake "Black Age Blues" and "Flower Of Disease" flow by nicely in a haze oh and anything by Pelican, Yob, Down, Jesu, Sabbath or Sunn O)))) does the job too & makes for a wonderful listening experience. Even though those bands still sound great without being in a higher state to appreciate.
16.08.2016 - 19:36
The Batlord

Written by Metal Ninja on 16.08.2016 at 08:09

The albums by Goatsnake "Black Age Blues" and "Flower Of Disease" flow by nicely in a haze oh and anything by Pelican, Yob, Down, Jesu, Sabbath or Sunn O)))) does the job too & makes for a wonderful listening experience. Even though those bands still sound great without being in a higher state to appreciate.

Fuck yeah Goatsnake! Don't forget Trampled Under Hoof. "Black Cat Bone" was probably the first stoner metal song I ever heard and I still play that song way too much.
----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
25.08.2016 - 07:23
DualHelix

Goatsnake and Pelican for sure! The first three albums by The Sword are some of my favorites for that. Nile is good at any time ever.

Also, a quick question, has anyone been high and listening to some intense death metal or something and then thought, "Damn, this is way too much right now." and had to change it?
25.08.2016 - 07:42
no one
Account deleted
Written by DualHelix on 25.08.2016 at 00:00

Also, a quick question, has anyone been high and listening to some intense death metal or something and then thought, "Damn, this is way too much right now." and had to change it?

No, but I was stoned ( like too stoned) at a gig the other week with a death metal band with a few droney bits that were so loud the speakers were vibrating my rib cage and thought "I can see how a drone gig could actually be good
25.08.2016 - 08:07
DualHelix

Written by Guest on 25.08.2016 at 07:42

No, but I was stoned ( like too stoned) at a gig the other week with a death metal band with a few droney bits that were so loud the speakers were vibrating my rib cage and thought "I can see how a drone gig could actually be good

Haha damn. That's one thing I could never really get into, no matter how high I was, is Drone. People rave about Sunn O)) and all that, but I don't get it. But it is what it is, and it isn't for me. What was the band that was playing??

ALSO, forgot to add another awesome band when you're stoned is Kylesa. They make me feel high even when I'm not haha. They are awesome, definitely check them out OP
25.08.2016 - 16:20
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

The last drone gig I went to I started to feel too dizzy and had to go leave early.
I guess it's because I was right in front of the bass amplifier or something
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
25.08.2016 - 23:28
DualHelix

Written by Karlabos on 25.08.2016 at 16:20

The last drone gig I went to I started to feel too dizzy and had to go leave early.

Did you just go to go, go with a friend, or are you actually into drone music? Just curious
25.08.2016 - 23:58
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by DualHelix on 25.08.2016 at 23:28

Did you just go to go, go with a friend, or are you actually into drone music? Just curious

Nah, I went alone.
I'm not really into drone, but I was in the US in the ocasion, so I had to take the opportunity to go to the gigs.
Back in my country (where I am now) there's close to 0 metal stuff going on, when there are it's just the widely known power metal bands which charge $500 for a single ticket, so yeah...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
26.08.2016 - 00:04
DualHelix

Written by Karlabos on 25.08.2016 at 23:58

Written by DualHelix on 25.08.2016 at 23:28

Nah, I went alone.
I'm not really into drone, but I was in the US in the ocasion, so I had to take the opportunity to go to the gigs.
Back in my country (where I am now) there's close to 0 metal stuff going on, when there are it's just the widely known power metal bands which charge $500 for a single ticket, so yeah...

Wait what? I thought Brazil had a big metal scene over there. Just seeing the amount of metal bands that come out of there anyways.
26.08.2016 - 00:17
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by DualHelix on 26.08.2016 at 00:04

Wait what? I thought Brazil had a big metal scene over there. Just seeing the amount of metal bands that come out of there anyways.

Yeah, metal somehow isn't much encouraged here. What with media praising this kind of brazilian music and forgetting the rest...
The metal bands which become really famous often decide to tour abroad and come back to Brazil only to play in Sao Paulo or Rio.
There are small scenes in each city though.. in mine there is a small scene composed by a bunch of 90s-like Darkclones, but after a while it gets boring... it's always the same guys
----
- Reimu Hakurei
26.08.2016 - 00:54
DualHelix

Written by Karlabos on 26.08.2016 at 00:17

Written by DualHelix on 26.08.2016 at 00:04

Yeah, metal somehow isn't much encouraged here. What with media praising this kind of brazilian music and forgetting the rest...
The metal bands which become really famous often decide to tour abroad and come back to Brazil only to play in Sao Paulo or Rio.
There are small scenes in each city though.. in mine there is a small scene composed by a bunch of 90s-like Darkclones, but after a while it gets boring... it's always the same guys

Wow, I thought it would be much more open over there. That's crazy. Is the guy rapping in that video or what? I can't tell honestly