Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody - Renamed Rhapsody Of Fire

Due to copyright and trademark issues the band formerly known as Rhapsody has changed its name. The band members consider this a great new start, reflecting the emboldened and increasingly grandiose direction that their music has taken. "The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before," says guitarist/songwriter Luca Turilli. Keyboardist/songwriter Alex Staropoli adds, "The name Rhapsody Of Fire better represents the energy that has always been present in this band and its music."

With a new record company in Magic Circle Music, a new tour planned and a new album on the way, Rhapsody Of Fire will continue to explore musical fantasy worlds with the precision musicianship and unique symphonic concepts that their fans have come to expect and adore. Fresh on the heels of the band's first live album release, Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret, a new name and renewed vigor ensure that Rhapsody Of Fire still hold the passion and power that have always been associated with their music.

Source: rhapsodyoffire.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 14.07.2006 by wrathchild

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 51   Visited by: 52 users
16.07.2006 - 00:30
Daru Jericho
I don't like the name change. I mean, there are so many things that take the same name. Actually, not long ago I was talking to someone about Rhapsody the band when they actually wanted to know about the software player. Still, it took them THAT many years to get the band to change their name?

Also, I think Thundercross sounds mightier than Rhapsody and Rhapsody Of Fire...
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

16.07.2006 - 08:22
Fayde
Account deleted
Thundercross, Mighty Rhapsody, Rhapsody of Fire...all terrible names. Luca Turilli might as well rename the band 'Eternally Burning Dragonflame'
16.07.2006 - 10:23
Lord Grim
This is such bullshit. Is this because of that Rhapsody music download crapola? Probably because Rhapsody never got their name copyrighted. That is such BS. I am not calling them Rhapsody of Fire, that name just does not work... This is crap... It's Rhapsody and it always will be.
----
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary in life."
16.07.2006 - 18:27
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
A, this is so stupid. I really hate when bands change their names. Well, I'll continue to use the old name in chatting... and as someone said, are they going to re-release all their albums now? Argh, good night, see you in next life
16.07.2006 - 19:01
Remus
" Eternally Burning Dragonflame "-that's a good one! lol ! Well it doesn't really matter, they are the same band and if they release the same good stuff all this will be forgotten in about a year or so! Go Rhapsody...er, of Flames
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
16.07.2006 - 23:34
Damnated
Churchburner
Shit, this is a major thing, even if they 'consider this a great new start, reflecting the emboldened and increasingly grandiose direction that their music has taken'. Damn! I wouldn't be surprised, if they broke up. I mean a name cahnge is a very big deal, and I think they all are affacted.

Did you guys see the new logo?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.07.2006 - 04:44
Alouqua
Account deleted
Yeah I did... and it sucks... I thought I would get used to this new name but I can't... I try but I just... I still have Rhapsody as the name of the band I really like.. I can't say : Rhapsody of fire...
17.07.2006 - 07:23
mightywolf
Account deleted
welll the change name doesn't change the fact that this is a great band
17.07.2006 - 08:58
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Written by Stigmatized on 14.07.2006 at 21:54

Wow, their name went from lame to.....lamer.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaahhaha

Whew. That was really funny . Ok. So Rhapsody has been around how long and they JUST figured out TODAY that there is a copyright problem? Wouldn't this problem have arrisen.. say.. oh.. when the band was formed?!?!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
17.07.2006 - 14:31
LeDruide
Maybe they needed time to do the new logo.
17.07.2006 - 21:49
Dragonlord TG
Written by Susan on 17.07.2006 at 08:58

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaahhaha

Whew. That was really funny . Ok. So Rhapsody has been around how long and they JUST figured out TODAY that there is a copyright problem? Wouldn't this problem have arrisen.. say.. oh.. when the band was formed?!?!

Real player's Rhapsody service came about much later than the band named itself Rhapsody, so the probllem was not there when the band was formed.
17.07.2006 - 23:19
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Written by Dragonlord TG on 17.07.2006 at 21:49

Real player's Rhapsody service came about much later than the band named itself Rhapsody, so the probllem was not there when the band was formed.

Are you sure the problem is with Real Player? If so, then wouldn't the band have more rights to the name since they were around first?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
18.07.2006 - 04:32
norse steel
Account deleted
rhapsody probably never copy righted their name, and the rhapsody player thingy did, so they had the rights to it regardless ov anything, i know it's gay, but... whatever
18.07.2006 - 08:23
lurker
Account deleted
That seriously blows for a band that's almost ten years old, especially one with as big a fanbase as Rhapsody. The fact that they had to change their name is the stupidest thing I've heard in years. What they changed it to ranks 2nd. Not that there's much they could change it to and still use the word "Rhapsody" while not looking too lame, but still...

Though, I'll still call them Rhapsody, none of that fire crap... now I know what Nintendo fans are going through. (Insert dull and predictable Wii joke.)

Oh, and those who doubt it has to do with Real Player? Google it. The first few pages are dominated by the band and the player. No other major name involves "Rhapsody" (well, except Queen...). Unless a romance book club or yorkshire terrier breeder have enough clout to force a major band to change its name... maybe they combined forces and threatened to throw romantic dogs at them unless the name changed
18.07.2006 - 17:14
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

0wn3d
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
19.07.2006 - 21:32
Lily_Lazer
Outdated
Oh, shit ... I come back from nowhere and such big changes are going out ... bwah, I will NEVER say Rhapsody of Fire, when speaking of this band, because 1 - name is just DUMB, 2 - Rhapsody, however they might rename themselves, still remain as Rhapsody for me because I got to know them under this name, and totally refuse to accept the new one. I wont bother to change every single folder, mp3, or anything else that has name Rhapsody on it only because of the stupid Real Player thingy (which I hate aswell >_>)

Horrible news ._.
----
-Lily
19.07.2006 - 22:17
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
It really sucks, yes I will agree wholeheartedly. However it angers me to see so many people on this thread claim to be fans and then say they will never buy another album or listen to the band again because of the name change. It's the same guys and the same music. I can't imagine any real fan being that fickle.

Recently, ...And Oceans changed their name to Havoc Unit for no reason other than the sake of changing. So Rhapsody isn't the first after all and at least from the statement, it seems they had no choice.
24.07.2006 - 13:39
Samuel
Hamster wheel
Rhapsody has been known to be cheesy and OF Fire fits them. =]

I am surprised they didnt name themselves like Power of the Dragon Flame or like Battle Agaisnt Kron, or something even cheesier. But i love the little time new roman of fire under the cool Rhapsody Logo.
26.07.2006 - 16:07
Dragonlord TG
Written by Susan on 17.07.2006 at 23:19

Written by Dragonlord TG on 17.07.2006 at 21:49

Are you sure the problem is with Real Player? If so, then wouldn't the band have more rights to the name since they were around first?

I am not shure, I just assumed(like most of the people) that it was them. If there was somebody before them with a name Rhapsody, I doubt that they would wait 9 years(that is how long the band was around) to take action.
26.07.2006 - 19:33
Simon
Account deleted
Rhapsody of Fire sounds cheesier but it also sounds more like Power metal
13.08.2006 - 11:23
Sarafan Light
Account deleted
not cheesy but epic I agree, Mighty Rhapsody sounds a little better why?

Hits total: 7887 | This month: 19