05. The Holy Noise
06. Fuck You All
07. United Nations
08. Land Of Pain
09. I Break You
10. You Get What You Give
11. Until The End
12. I Will

"Are you one of those people that wished Max Cavalera never left Sepultura? Are you one of those die hard Soulfly fans who is longing for them to release their new album? Then what are you waiting for? Go out and grab the new Ektomorf album today!!! "

Oh no don't worry, I haven't started my review yet. I was just thinking how a radio commercial of this album would sound like. Actually, perhaps that was also what the band was thinking when they were recording this, and also their previous, album.

Some reviewers like to say that they are influenced by Soulfly and/or Sepultura, but personally I would rather say that they are Soulfly worshippers. I can imagine the band members having Soulfly posters all over their walls just like teenage girls worship Britney Spears and sing along with her songs in the bathroom. I'm sure that if Max knew about this he would try and get a copyright for his music. But wait, who am I kidding? I bet he has received tons of fan-mail from Zoltan (Ektomorf´s vocalist) anyway.

But now let's stop bashing the poor guys and have a look at the album instead. The new album is pretty much in the same vein as their previous one: Destroy. Nu-metal anger and emotion is combined with thrash metal sound-alike guitars with an almost punk attitude. The vocals are simply a Max Cavalera clone and it's more difficult to tell the difference between the two vocals than counting Bill Gates money. The album also have some oriental melodies which pops up every now and then in a couple of songs. And this seems to be pretty much the thing that has dragged the attention of many people to their music. Though I personally can't see what is so great about that, but I can see this as the one argument that the fans of this band have to assert themselves against those who dislike this band and calls them a Soulfly rip-off.

Written by Azhidahak | 28.03.2005

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 74 users
08.05.2009 - 13:33
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Unfortunaly I have to agree with the rate and the review -_-'

Damn, I kinda liked ''Kalyi Jag'' and ''Destroy'', even actually being Soulfly's rip-offs, the folkloric and gypsy elements (despite very few) were in evidence. This one is pure shit, just one acoustic interlude in the middle of ONE song and they already claim folk influences... this album is useless.

Another thing.. the lyrics are one of the worst things ever, shit shit shit, pure shit..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.06.2009 - 21:32
terrorist

Yeah i agree, i don't like them.So simple songs and lyrics are awful.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
03.06.2011 - 08:23
Rating: 7
godisdead

...This album does have some of their worst lyrics but it does not deserve a 3.5 maybe at least a 6.8 or 7.
21.03.2014 - 16:10
Rating: 4
Big-Al

Lol, fun review & I agree!
----

I drink moosepiss

Hits total: 4905 | This month: 15