Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Drop Off Lamb Of God Tour

Official press release

Award-winning Finnish heavy metal band Children Of Bodom was forced to cancel its remaining live dates as part of the "No Fear Energy Tour" with Lamb Of God due to injuries sustained by guitarist and front man Alexi Laiho. Laiho, 30, broke his shoulder two weeks ago when he was ejected from his tour bus bunk after the vehicle took a sharp turn. Laiho and Children Of Bodom are touring North America in support of the band's critically acclaimed album "Blooddrunk". The axe slinger was recently named as the world's "Best Metal Guitarist" in the 15th annual Guitar World reader's poll.

Against recommendation, Laiho had decided to "bite the bullet" and remain on tour, wearing the arm in a sling to restrict movement at all times when he was not on stage. But after performing ten live dates with both the broken shoulder and internal bleeding, the toll became too much for the guitar hero to endure and Children Of Bodom made the decision to cut its current tour short, placing Laiho's long-term health as its first priority.

"After the New York show (on May 9) I knew it was going to be over," commented Laiho in an official statement. "During the 3rd song I started feeling like someone was stabbing me in my lungs, my heart and my ribs. That was the kind of pain that neither stubbornness, painkillers, nor alcohol could alleviate. I wanted to try to keep going but after seeing a second doctor in Philadelphia, I was basically told that I could fuck myself up for life if I don't stop playing. Against all recommendation, I have played and sang for the last 10 days in violent pain which has only made my condition worsen. So, I decided to listen to everyone around me, who were telling me the best thing to do would be to go home and get some proper rest and give my shoulder some time to heal."

"This was a hard decision for me and I feel bad about it," he continued. "But it is the right thing to do if I want to keep making music. I apologize to our great fans for not being there for the remaining shows and I want to thank all the guys from the other bands; Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying, God Forbid and Municipal Waste for backing me up on this. Most of all I want to thank our fans for still being there, showing support, and continuing to rock out with me! I promise I will be back and I hope you all will too! Horns up!"

After a few weeks rest, Children Of Bodom will start their European summer festival run on May 30th from Rock Hard Festival 2009 in Gelsenkirchen, Germany. All summer festival dates will go down as planned and remain unaffected by Alexi's injury!

Source: cobhc.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Event: No Fear Energy Music Tour
Posted: 12.05.2009 by Bad English

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 373 users
13.05.2009 - 00:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Man, this guy is fucking injury prone.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.05.2009 - 03:18
addiction

Maybe he should have chosen a different bunk...
----
alive in the superunknown
13.05.2009 - 05:18
BlankFile

He´s the "wildchild" for some reason...
13.05.2009 - 09:51
Rozz

He was drunk and being stupid thats how this injury was done i betcha. but god ever drink some milk alexi? calcium is good for hard bones
13.05.2009 - 14:50
HyperDrifter

For htose of you thinking he was drunk...

Quote:
Laiho, 30, broke his shoulder two weeks ago when he was ejected from his tour bus bunk after the vehicle took a sharp turn

...read it ^^

Gotta love the dedication and stubbornness! 10 gigs must have taken some toll :/
14.05.2009 - 01:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Thought. on 12.05.2009 at 21:18

Alexi Laiho, World's Best Metal Guitarist...

Why not? He's not my favourite but I certainly do not "lol" at it, he has some wicked skills.
----
14.05.2009 - 03:03
Deus Ex Machina

What a stubborn retard. I really love him.
14.05.2009 - 10:59
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Warman on 14.05.2009 at 01:02
Written by Thought. on 12.05.2009 at 21:18
Alexi Laiho, World's Best Metal Guitarist...
Why not? He's not my favourite but I certainly do not "lol" at it, he has some wicked skills.
Countless metal guitarists have "some wicked skills." What they mean has nothing to do with the real meaning of the words they use to express it, the "WBMG" tag is nothing more than a symbol of popularity - deluded and deceitful bullshit, just like all the calls that the band played melodic death metal five years ago
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
15.05.2009 - 18:21
Elio
Red Nightmare
Those 10 gigs were nice for fans but a stupid move for him, hope it won't get worse.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
18.05.2009 - 00:04
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Syk on 14.05.2009 at 10:59

Countless metal guitarists have "some wicked skills." What they mean has nothing to do with the real meaning of the words they use to express it, the "WBMG" tag is nothing more than a symbol of popularity - deluded and deceitful bullshit, just like all the calls that the band played melodic death metal five years ago

Of course, I know what you mean. But I still do not "lol" at it and they could have picked much worse musicians.
----
26.05.2009 - 00:21
kodmani

Alexi really loves his fans to the extent he plays with a broken arm/internal bleeding/he is dying deep inside. Damn ... if only we show more support for him .... WE LOVE U !!!!
26.05.2009 - 03:56
Lord_Regnier

Written by Elio on 15.05.2009 at 18:21

Those 10 gigs were nice for fans but a stupid move for him, hope it won't get worse.

I agree. Alexi Laiho really needs to stop spoiling his talent with all kinds of silly things.
Maybe if he didn't take so much booze and drugs he could write good music again, like on CoB's first 3 albums. This band sucks since a while and probably won't go anywhere musically, as long as Laiho will act like an idiot. Not to mention he will end up buried six feet under at a young age, if he carries on like that. He's ruining his health, he looks like an undead.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"

Hits total: 6156 | This month: 2