Germany, Ludwigsburg - Coronatus

Bands

Who was there?

albatros 100%

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 6 users
18.05.2009 - 02:04
albatros

I guess there were 60 people in the cozy little hall. What a shame.
1st support local (greater Stuttgart area) band Voices Of Destiny, female fronted melancholic metal. The singer looked beautiful in a carefully chosen outfit. It took a while, before her voice was warm. However warmhearted presentation, good performance, just the vocal lines not as catchy as I would like them.
2nd support Eigensinn, crossbreed of industrial rock, Deutschrock, metal. Female singer's voice bears some similarities with Doro. Not my cup of tea, but they were very good, with a lot of raw energy. Very enjoyable.
Coronatus, with two female singers, one (I guess) Mezzosoprano not unlike Tarja, less powerful, but with great precision and a lot of feeling. The other a regular rock voice. Awesome performance, with what I think was lousy sound. In the last 80 metal concerts I never saw a soundmixer put his fingers in his ears. There I did.
Anyway, their signature songs with wonderful vocal harmonies and a thundering, driving metal base blew me away. Recommendation for anybody, who likes female fronted metal in the vein of Nightwish (w Tarja) or Visions Of Atlantis (w Melissa).
18.05.2009 - 03:23
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by albatros on 18.05.2009 at 02:04
In the last 80 metal concerts I never saw a soundmixer put his fingers in his ears. There I did.

Oh wow...

And 60 people is still quite a lot, I guess. When I've seen Throes of Dawn, Fjoergyn, Agrypnie, Frostmoon Eclipse and some more in the Rofa most people were actually musicians. And during the headliners there were 20 people at most in front of the stage...
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
18.05.2009 - 12:13
albatros

Written by Promonex on 18.05.2009 at 03:23

When I've seen Throes of Dawn, Fjoergyn, Agrypnie, Frostmoon Eclipse and some more in the Rofa most people were actually musicians. And during the headliners there were 20 people at most in front of the stage...

I'm wondering what could be done about it ? I think, many people read the concert schedule of the Rockfabrik and in my case I saw, there were also news about the gig in local papers. So it's not just simply a case of bad promotion.

Hits total: 1567 | This month: 2