Metal Storm logo
Stone

15.07.2006 - 00:08
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Friggin' good band, that was said to be the first true metalband from Finland.
Few people remembers them, but it was founded by Janne Joutsenniemi and Roope Latvala. Latvala plays in Sinergy and Children Of Bodom these days, and Joutsenniemi has his own projects too.
Recently there has been some talkinkg about coming back, which would be a big thing in finnish metalworld, because so many musicians, like Alexi Laiho for ex. have taken a huge influence from them.
So please, you who know this band, chat. Also I would recommend everyone who doesn't know them to check out this band.
15.07.2006 - 02:00
Endoftherainbow
Well I have heard of this band due to their connections with Children of Bodom and Sinergy through Roope but I still haven't been able to find any of their work. I am very intrested in it though because the trash music that has come out of Finland is amazing. Can suggest to me what I should check out by them first and what there best songs are ect. Also can you compare there style of thrash metal to that of another band.
15.07.2006 - 12:30
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Written by Endoftherainbow on 15.07.2006 at 02:00

Well I have heard of this band due to their connections with Children of Bodom and Sinergy through Roope but I still haven't been able to find any of their work. I am very intrested in it though because the trash music that has come out of Finland is amazing. Can suggest to me what I should check out by them first and what there best songs are ect. Also can you compare there style of thrash metal to that of another band.

They don't have any official webpage, but some guy made a tribute website www.stonetribute.tk there should be some demos to load. I'd believe it's pretty hard to find their work out of Finland, 'cause even finnish metalheads have problems to remember this band. Comparing this band is also hard, but I'd say that their music sounds more like 80's Metallica than Slayer for ex...
15.07.2006 - 17:11
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Hehe I saw them at Nummirock 2000 eat your heart out

this is one of my favourite bands ever
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
28.09.2006 - 16:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by heresiarch on 15.07.2006 at 17:11

Did thay play still?
I know thay are from Finland and old band, and probobly youyr youth day band but I didnt know thay play

I know 3 albums
''Stone'' http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/Stone2.html
''No Anaesthesia'' http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/Stone.html

if thay still play how thay has changed from those years?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.09.2006 - 17:07
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Written by Bad English on 28.09.2006 at 16:17

Did thay play still?
I know thay are from Finland and old band, and probobly youyr youth day band but I didnt know thay play

I know 3 albums

That was onetime reunion , they did some gigs at 2000 like Emperor is doing now , they packed their backs maybe 1992
it was one hell of a band
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
28.09.2006 - 17:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by heresiarch on 28.09.2006 at 17:07

Written by Bad English on 28.09.2006 at 16:17

Did thay play still?

I know 3 albums

That was onetime reunion , they did some gigs at 2000 like Emperor is doing now , they packed their backs maybe 1992
it was one hell of a band

Ye sthay are one of clasic bands but Vibration bad quality sounds, thay are like old Tarot and reunion toirs well its better if thay play old stuff how recordet new album, its be bad
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2006 - 22:20
Markku
Account deleted
Stone's tribute band will be performing in Tallinn. It'll be a true thrash attact with Sten and all the local thrash acts at the same stage.
09.07.2007 - 11:11
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.07.2006 at 00:08

Friggin' good band, that was said to be the first true metalband from Finland.
Few people remembers them, but it was founded by Janne Joutsenniemi and Roope Latvala. Latvala plays in Sinergy and Children Of Bodom these days, and Joutsenniemi has his own projects too.
Recently there has been some talkinkg about coming back, which would be a big thing in finnish metalworld, because so many musicians, like Alexi Laiho for ex. have taken a huge influence from them.
So please, you who know this band, chat. Also I would recommend everyone who doesn't know them to check out this band.

Really . . . Theyre talking about making a comeback. Well the first thing they could do is a bit remastering of their old fantastic albums and then they have world on it's knees. At first i though that what good thrashy stuff could ever come from Finland at 80's , but man , they are fully mature . Stone doesnt need to be ashamed with the great colleagues of it's time ( Slayer , Kreator ). The comeback would certainly be a moment of pride for me personally.
09.07.2007 - 11:17
natassja
Account deleted
I know them for no commands'children of bodom's cover,they're good!
14.07.2007 - 17:24
Carrion
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.07.2007 at 11:17

Haha, must be funny for Roope, his current band has covered his old band.
16.07.2007 - 11:39
natassja
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.07.2007 at 17:24

eh eh,maybe yes.but who knows and likes children of bodom,must know stone or inearthed(for example) too,'cos if you want to know really well a band and if you are a real fan,you have to know its roots.
if isn't so,you're a poser for what I care.so,I think stone aren't covered from children of bodom,if we are speaking about true fans and not posers!
is it right?
16.07.2007 - 12:27
Carrion
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.07.2007 at 11:39

Written by Guest on 14.07.2007 at 17:24

eh eh,maybe yes.but who knows and likes children of bodom,must know stone or inearthed(for example) too,'cos if you want to know really well a band and if you are a real fan,you have to know its roots.
if isn't so,you're a poser for what I care.so,I think stone aren't covered from children of bodom,if we are speaking about true fans and not posers!
is it right?

Yeah, at least CoB has a good reason playing the song, since Stone has naturally influenced the music and guitar playing of Laiho, besides it's a good way of keeping Stone in people's minds. I dunno about posers, but you're right that it's better to know alot from a band than less, if you wan't to be a real fan.
20.06.2008 - 18:19
Candlemass
Defaeco
Blahh...Very overrated IMO.
Too melodic thrash for me, sort of "pussy" thrash.
There songwriting skills are good, but they just don't appeal to me.
05.08.2009 - 05:13
Moriturus
Im a big COB ?an and i no roope used 2 ß in this band would any recommend?:banger2:
----
METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!