Style: Thrash metal
Release date: March 2009

01. I Feel
02. For All You Left Behind
03. I Hate Liars I Hate You
04. Shine
05. Stay Out
06. You Don't Know All This

Due to reasons unrelated to anyone's business, I've become a fervent appreciator of the "Italians do it better" point of view. Just like my girls, coffee, food and mafia in movies, I tend to like my metal Italian these days. And for sure, the Italian metal scene has also a lot of quality bands to offer, one of them being Arezzo-based metallers Sinflower. Despite the fact Sinflower is a young band, they immediately prove themselves by "For All You Left Behind", their very promising debut album.

Truth be told I'm not a botanic, but I picture a sinflower as a pitch-black, beautiful flower; gracious yet with extremely vicious thorns (mark Sinflower's first contrariety). And that's exactly how one could describe Sinflower's sound too: pretty up-tempo melodic-based metal with some dark passages, sharp like thorns. The roots of Sinflower' style lie in the more traditional heavy power metal genre - mentioning flower and power in the same sentence doesn't mean we're talking European flower metal, hell no - with some favorable sharp thrashy undertones. The constant presence of these dark, heavy and by times even slightly thrashy pieces, keep the album fresh and captivating.

So for all you left behind, here's a powerful new sound for you which will keep you busy for quite a while. Indeed, Sinflower's vast sound is gripping to say the least, but the effects are short-lived. Like a bad drug, the enthralling atmosphere is gone as soon as the music stops, making you push the repeat button a few more times, like a good drug's supposed to do (mark Sinflower's second contrariety). Also due to no stand-out tracks, Sinflower's sound is therefore unlikely to stick in your head for several days. Consequently, Sinflower stands for an intriguing yet kind of contradicting band. "For All You Left Behind" is album where not everything is what it seems to be. But Sinflower bear enough potential to become one of those bands where contradiction is a compelled element of the sound, giving them certain superiority.

If the metal scene would be a prison, Sinflower would be the equivalent of the big tattooed biker guy you once dropped your soap in front of. Sinflower takes you by surprise with such a convincing impact that they leave you destroyed before you even realize it, but with a strange yet sweet aftertaste for more... Remember, Italians do it better.

PS: all six tracks are streaming on the band's MySpace page and website.

Written by Thryce | 19.05.2009

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 40 users
20.05.2009 - 19:21
Lucas
Mr. Noise
You and your italians... :
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.05.2009 - 19:32
Elio
Red Nightmare
Hell yeah, best country in the world is also improving in metal!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.05.2009 - 23:18
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Elio on 20.05.2009 at 19:32

I have a lot of faith in Italian music these days... Premiata Forneria Marconi, Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso, Le Orme, Area, Maxophone (well, just discovered them from the 70s), Citriniti, Fabrizio Leo, Novembre, Ephel Duath...
Maybe I'll check these guys out too.
21.05.2009 - 00:38
Susan
Smeghead
Hmm I'm really digging the music streaming from their site. Molto bene! Grazie
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
21.05.2009 - 11:11
GT
Coffee!!
Sounds really interesting...

The metaphor in the last paragraph is awesome...and frightening
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.05.2009 - 16:24
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Introspekrieg on 20.05.2009 at 23:18

Written by Elio on 20.05.2009 at 19:32

I have a lot of faith in Italian music these days... Premiata Forneria Marconi, Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso, Le Orme, Area, Maxophone (well, just discovered them from the 70s)

lol yeah THESE DAYS
Well, the 70s were the days for music here
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.

Hits total: 4396 | This month: 4