Metal Storm logo
Best Death Metal Band

Original post

Posted by spirit_inblack, 15.07.2006 - 03:18
I just find it curious to know which death metal band everyone enjoys the most. For me it would have to be Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse or Nile.

Poll

Which death metal band do you enjoy the most?

Death
Other
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel
Obituary
Deicide
Autopsy
Dying Fetus

Total votes: 429
13.12.2011 - 05:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by BitterCOld on 13.12.2011 at 05:35

Written by Boxcar Willy on 13.12.2011 at 05:28

I WAS 12!!!!!!! for god sake. I understand now that I was wrong, I don't understand why you hate me so much? I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused you, I know I was an immature dumbass, and I understand how that would piss you off, I understand that the lyrical content does not make up a bands style.
I have matured since I was twelve, as most people would. I just want you to respect me.

and this post was how old? 8 months? you needed to respond why?

I responded because I had just read it, somebody had recently posted in the thread so i decided to look at it.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
13.12.2011 - 06:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Boxcar Willy on 13.12.2011 at 05:37
I responded because I had just read it, somebody had recently posted in the thread so i decided to look at it.

Did you accidentally quote me first? For some reason I got a notification saying you quoted me.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.12.2011 - 14:50
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.12.2011 at 06:36

Written by Boxcar Willy on 13.12.2011 at 05:37

Did you accidentally quote me first? For some reason I got a notification saying you quoted me.

yes, sorry about that, I saw your opst first and didnt read far enough down.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.12.2011 - 20:55
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Hmmm, probably Possessed, Death or early Cannibal Corpse.
14.12.2011 - 22:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Possessed (who aren't pure death) only have two full-lengths and some shitty EPs, and early Cannibal Corpse (as in pre-Corpsegrinder) only released a handful of albums/EPs that - in spite of their influence - were incredibly banal.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.12.2011 - 08:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.12.2011 at 22:19

Possessed (who aren't pure death) only have two full-lengths and some shitty EPs, and early Cannibal Corpse (as in pre-Corpsegrinder) only released a handful of albums/EPs that - in spite of their influence - were incredibly banal.

Possessed have only one e.p.,The Eyes Of Horror, which is superior two their two full-lengths but is almost pure thrash.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.12.2011 - 08:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2011 at 08:27
Possessed have only one e.p.,The Eyes Of Horror, which is superior two their two full-lengths but is almost pure thrash.

I never cared for the EP (to be honest I only ever enjoyed the full-length debut) but I made an assumption based on the band profile here (something like 3 EPs, 2 being compilation type mini-albums).
----
15.12.2011 - 08:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.12.2011 at 08:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.12.2011 at 08:27

I never cared for the EP (to be honest I only ever enjoyed the full-length debut) but I made an assumption based on the band profile here (something like 3 EPs, 2 being compilation type mini-albums).

aThose ep's are bootlegs. No idea who added them but it must be someone who uses MA as reference. The only official releases by Possessed are the two full lengths the e.p. I mentioned and one compilation I think.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.03.2012 - 19:14
Infernal Eternal

Death. No comment.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
15.03.2012 - 19:22
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Infernal Eternal on 15.03.2012 at 19:14

Death. No comment.
16.03.2012 - 16:07
arwestromen

Have never really been into pure DM, Melodeath yes, but never just Death....the only death metal bands that I have been listening to are Death and Atheist so my vote goes to death
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
16.03.2012 - 21:07
Branzig

Its a tie between early Death and Morbid Angel....

Leaning more towards Morbid Angel though.
----
In Grind We Crust
16.03.2012 - 21:27
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Branzig on 16.03.2012 at 21:07
Leaning more towards Morbid Angel though.

You forgive them for their sins?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.03.2012 - 22:05
Branzig

I worship them for their sins.
----
In Grind We Crust
16.03.2012 - 22:50
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Branzig on 16.03.2012 at 22:05

I worship them for their sins.

one of the best replies I've ever seen here. Hahaha!!!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
17.03.2012 - 01:07
Branzig

Written by K✞ulu on 16.03.2012 at 22:50

one of the best replies I've ever seen here. Hahaha!!!

Glad you liked it lol.

----
In Grind We Crust
20.03.2012 - 07:30
Crucifux
Account deleted
Early Cryptopsy will always be the epitome of death metal in my eyes. Nothing else has ever come close to the sheer brilliance in songwriting, in performance, in everything displayed in their first two albums (well, production in Blasphemy Made Flesh wasn't great, but they fixed that in None So Vile).

I know Death are the most well-renowned DM band, but I'm still kind of surprised to see that they have such a massive lead over the other bands. Personally I find their stuff to be pretty average.
20.03.2012 - 13:17
theflyingmachine

Written by Guest on 20.03.2012 at 07:30

I know Death are the most well-renowned DM band, but I'm still kind of surprised to see that they have such a massive lead over the other bands. Personally I find their stuff to be pretty average.

I like to pull out a Death album on occasion, so I would say they are better than average. But, people on this forum have creamed their pants for years about that band. Check out the Death thread in the extreme metal forum. You'll find a poem and 780 RIPs, not to mention everyone going on about that band being the best ever.
20.03.2012 - 15:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 20.03.2012 at 07:30

I think Death is an easy-to-get-into death metal band to be honest. Probably one of the most accessible death metal bands actually. And if you look at the most popular bands on this site, they're arranged according to their accessibility (for the most part).
----
20.03.2012 - 15:43
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.03.2012 at 15:12

I think Death is an easy-to-get-into death metal band to be honest. Probably one of the most accessible death metal bands actually. And if you look at the most popular bands on this site, they're arranged according to their accessibility (for the most part).

I've noticed that. What do you think would be the most popular, but least accessible band on this site?
Just out of curiosity.
20.03.2012 - 15:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 20.03.2012 at 15:43
I've noticed that. What do you think would be the most popular, but least accessible band on this site?

From the top 50? Probably Nile or Immortal.
----
20.03.2012 - 16:07
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.03.2012 at 15:55

Written by Guest on 20.03.2012 at 15:43

From the top 50? Probably Nile or Immortal.

I can understand Nile, but Immortal? They seem pretty accessible to me.
Then again, I'm basing this on the fact that it's clearly him on the cover of that Guitar Hero game.
20.03.2012 - 16:39
Branzig

Written by Guest on 20.03.2012 at 16:07

I can understand Nile, but Immortal? They seem pretty accessible to me.
Then again, I'm basing this on the fact that it's clearly him on the cover of that Guitar Hero game.

Immortal got a lot easier to get into as of late because of the huge resurgence that they experienced in the mid 2000's.

They re-released Pure Holocaust and Battles in the North, plus most record stores uped their orders on Blizzard Beasts and At the Heart of Winter as well to push sales.

Then Guitarworld did that whole 5-part lesson thing with Abbath and that blew-up on Youtube shortly after the re-releases...all this pushed their accessibility through the roof and made it easier for people to get into them in the States.

Before that, it was pretty much impossible to pick up any of their first 3 albums without special ordering or knowing the right shops to hit up, and unless you happened to hear "At the Heart of Winter" or something, most people had no clue who they were or what they were about.
----
In Grind We Crust
21.03.2012 - 01:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 20.03.2012 at 16:07
Immortal?

I'm not saying they aren't accessible, just out of the top 50 on Metal Storm, I'd say they're just behind Nile.
----
21.03.2012 - 08:06
Darkfiber

Gorguts is the only band that should be on this list. You should not be able to vote for anything else.
26.03.2012 - 13:30
edgethrasherx

I have to go for Death, i enjoy all these bands a lot. But Death is probably single-handedly the most influential, and never released a "bad" album, even though some weren't as superior as others.
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine