Metal Storm logo
Apocalyptica - Official Statement About Illegal Use Of Their Song 'Path'

"This is on an official statement by the band about the illegal use of our song 'Path' in a tv and internet commercial in the Czech Republic.

Apocalyptica always supports minorities, stands up for human rights, respects every human being, no matter their colour, ethnic background or religion, worldwide.

Apocalyptica also supports the idea of a united Europe and the European Union.

We hope it is a clear statement that we would never allow the Czech Republican party 'Národní Strana' to use any of our music. The fact is, we were never asked if they could use our material.

Beside the fact that we are mortified by the illegal use, 'Národní Strana' has contravened the law with the owners of the rights for the song 'Path' in Czech Republic, who are Universal Music Publishing and Universal Music.

Both companies will start legal proceedings against the party now.

APOCALYPTICA
Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lötjönen, Perttu Kivilaakso and Mikko Siren"

Source: metalfromfinland.com
Band profile: Apocalyptica
Posted: 27.05.2009 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 168 users
27.05.2009 - 10:28
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Shit, this kind of problems are boring as hell, but, we know who will win in the end.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
27.05.2009 - 10:30
FOOCK Nam

Nice news, K7
27.05.2009 - 15:24
Elio
Red Nightmare
What kind of party is that?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.05.2009 - 16:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Elio on 27.05.2009 at 15:24

It's an ultra right-wing nationalist party. I saw the commercial and they want certain minority groups in the Czech Republic to be got rid off with an enlösung. Yep they use that exact same word in the commercial.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.05.2009 - 16:24
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.05.2009 at 16:20

It's an ultra right-wing nationalist party. I saw the commercial and they want certain minority groups in the Czech Republic to be got rid off with an enlösung. Yep they use that exact same word in the commercial.

What's an enlösung? Well, anyway, now I understand why the guys from the band say those things at the beginning.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.05.2009 - 16:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Elio on 27.05.2009 at 16:24

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.05.2009 at 16:20

What's an enlösung? Well, anyway, now I understand why the guys from the band say those things at the beginning.

Sorry, typo from me. It should read endlösung. You know the term Hitler used when talking about getting rid of all the Jews in the world. It translates into something as "the final solution"
In this commercial it concerned the endlösung of gypsies mostly. They were called parasites (and that was one of the nicer names they were called actually)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.05.2009 - 16:40
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.05.2009 at 16:36

Sorry, typo from me. It should read endlösung. You know the term Hitler used when talking about getting rid of all the Jews in the world. It translates into something as "the final solution"
In this commercial it concerned the endlösung of gypsies mostly. They were called parasites (and that was one of the nicer names they were called actually)

Whoa. I don't know what's the situation there and I don't want to talk about politics here but it seems nothing too good.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.05.2009 - 19:04
Naathir
Account deleted
Written by Elio on 27.05.2009 at 16:40

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.05.2009 at 16:36

Whoa. I don't know what's the situation there and I don't want to talk about politics here but it seems nothing too good.

Well,I live in Czech Republic and yes,politics here generally sucks,but gipsies are real problem,sort of "parasites"on our system,that party just probably want some votes only by refering on that...
27.05.2009 - 19:54
Italics

How are gypsies "parasites" to you guys? That's a sincere question, I'm not questioning your statement

So do they want to "do off" with them as in take their citizenship? Kick them out of the country? Kill them?

I wish Apocalyptica would focus more on making sure their next album doesn't suck as badly as "Worlds Collide"....
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
27.05.2009 - 21:08
Naathir
Account deleted
Well,reason is"positive discrimination",which are for example social advantages,well they´re not specially for gispies,but they exploit them and politiacians are afraid to speak about it,´casu they dont want to look like racist.National party was first who referred to that,but they have no program for that plus they reffered to that very amateurish(like phrase"the final solution".
Hope you understand,tried to explain by plain English and it´s a bit complicated.
27.05.2009 - 22:25
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Well its quite complicated. parasites is a stupid word for it and its certainly not "just gypsies" even quite a few "white people" (and others too) would fall into this category. but still if you have people that get social security benefits, that throw a party every day after pay day, and a pretty loud one, then you wouldnt adore them as well. people who dont care that much for hygiene, pretty much destroy every accomodation you offer them and then scream "racism" (in case of gypsies) if you wont offer them a new one, dont even care to pay rent (really high debts, even though they can settle a quite mild payment calendar and get help with work) etc., wouldnt certainly be appretiated by neighbours. on the other hand saying that theyre "just" gypsies or "only" gypsies would be quite stupid.

the stupidest thing about it is that everyone is afraid to offer ANY solution. since everyone is afraid to be called a racist. its quite crazy really, many of those "inadaptable" dont even want to change their lives, because it is quite comfortable in many ways.

mind you that i personally do not want a violent solution of ANY kind.

Naathir: you think that it sucks here? its no better anywhere else.
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
27.05.2009 - 22:57
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I've seen the video in question on Youtube, and although I don't speak Czech, I did understand quite a bit what they were talking about. It does look like racism very much, with white sheep kicking out the black one, they're portraying Gypsies as retarded ugly brutes that don't deserve to live (at least that's my impression). I know that the Gypsies can be a problem (there are some 400,000 in my country, a good deal are refugees from Kosovo), but you simply cannot make videos that will portray anyone in a discriminatory fashion. However, the question of racism is a lot more complicated than that, it's not a black-and-white issue (no, no irony meant), but people should refrain from taking any extreme actions, such problems should be dealt with with care, and not by force, one way or the other.
----
28.05.2009 - 01:42
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
While I'm completely anti racist and anti nazi, and hate everything about it, I understand the problem very well, because we have same kind of problems in Serbia. Of course it's not 'just gipsy' people, there are many kinds, including some Serbs them self, who would fit into that kind of problem. And of course while the problem needs to be solved 'kicking it out' is not the right solution in a way I see it. False 'political correctness' can be as dangerous as racism.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
28.05.2009 - 06:19
Symmachus

My first impression of the 'Národní Strana party is not a very good one at all. Using such a term as endlösung in their commercials is a pretty stupid idea, since it is pretty parallel with Hitler's philosophy, which was undoubtably a sucky one. I'm going to watch the rip-off commercial once I'm done listening to this song I'm listening to now.

That was a terrible commercial.
28.05.2009 - 20:43
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Hah...I'm from Bulgaria, and I can't say anything about the situation in the Czech Republic, but here, it's from bad to worse...I reach my boiling piont everytime someone even starts debating about "the rights" of gypsies...You see, there are not parasites...they're a fucking PLAGUE...and, believe it or not, I AM NOT a racist...Despite all the talking about the right-and-wrong shit, many of you have no idea about the real problem...In my country, laws do not apply for gypsies...They steal, rob, beat up people, and even kill, with no consequences for them...They're allowed to do whatever they wish, because their votes simply guarantee the election of a certain muslim political party, which has, strangely enough, been in the ruling coalition since ever (no hard feelings against muslims)...And that's not even the worst - the worst part is, that if someone else wrongs them, they're being instantly crucified by the authorities...For an example, some time ago, in a God-forsaken village, some drunken gypsies were mocking the Bulgarian flag in the local school...Unfortunately however, a policeman overheard them, and tried to stop them, using a flashlight, and his gun, but only in order to scare them...The next day, one of the gypsies had a blue eye...and guess what - our poor, uncorrupted cop gets nearly decomissioned, for "use of excessive violence"...The media scandal was huge, however, and due to mass public objections, he was only demoted...But do you think he would try to protect the flag of a country that treats him like this again???I wouldn't either...Oh, and of course, as the gypsies came out to be the victims, they were even compensated...
Another case, from a year or so ago - a ferocious gypsy killed a respected professor on the street...and another one beat up to death an 80-or so year old man, who was trying to stop him from stealing his cherries...both spend only one night in custody...And so on, and so on...
So feel free to call me a racist if you wish, I don't care...I hate those motherfuckers...They're destroying us physically, AND demographically...You can pretty much say they're killing us off, slowly, but constantly...Hating them is not racism, it's survival...
29.05.2009 - 15:49
AdiabsA

Omg!! Again with this things!! If they support the human rights, etc why they will demand this company in this country? They just want money!! That's it!!!!
29.05.2009 - 20:42
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Written by Metal Maiden on 28.05.2009 at 20:43

Hah...I'm from Bulgaria, and I can't say anything about the situation in the Czech Republic, but here, it's from bad to worse...I reach my boiling piont everytime someone even starts debating about "the rights" of gypsies...You see, there are not parasites...they're a fucking PLAGUE...and, believe it or not, I AM NOT a racist...Despite all the talking about the right-and-wrong shit, many of you have no idea about the real problem...In my country, laws do not apply for gypsies...They steal, rob, beat up people, and even kill, with no consequences for them...They're allowed to do whatever they wish, because their votes simply guarantee the election of a certain muslim political party, which has, strangely enough, been in the ruling coalition since ever (no hard feelings against muslims)...And that's not even the worst - the worst part is, that if someone else wrongs them, they're being instantly crucified by the authorities...For an example, some time ago, in a God-forsaken village, some drunken gypsies were mocking the Bulgarian flag in the local school...Unfortunately however, a policeman overheard them, and tried to stop them, using a flashlight, and his gun, but only in order to scare them...The next day, one of the gypsies had a blue eye...and guess what - our poor, uncorrupted cop gets nearly decomissioned, for "use of excessive violence"...The media scandal was huge, however, and due to mass public objections, he was only demoted...But do you think he would try to protect the flag of a country that treats him like this again???I wouldn't either...Oh, and of course, as the gypsies came out to be the victims, they were even compensated...
Another case, from a year or so ago - a ferocious gypsy killed a respected professor on the street...and another one beat up to death an 80-or so year old man, who was trying to stop him from stealing his cherries...both spend only one night in custody...And so on, and so on...
So feel free to call me a racist if you wish, I don't care...I hate those motherfuckers...They're destroying us physically, AND demographically...You can pretty much say they're killing us off, slowly, but constantly...Hating them is not racism, it's survival...

it isnt that bad here, dont worry .
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
01.06.2009 - 11:15
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by Black_Handed on 29.05.2009 at 20:42

Written by Metal Maiden on 28.05.2009 at 20:43

it isnt that bad here, dont worry .

Looool, I almost felt pity, hehe...

Hits total: 4978 | This month: 7