Metal Storm logo
What kind of metalhead are you at concerts?

Original post

Posted by BloodTears, 27.05.2009 - 12:03
This is meant to be funny and also it will be interesting to see where the majority lies. Also, a lot of people listen to metal and don't consider themselves metalheads, so I use that term as a general starting point, this is a metal forum after all.

I'll tell you, I'm a mix of the headbanger and the quiet listener. How about you?

Poll

What kind of metalhead are you at concerts?

The headbanger
The quiet listener
something else
The "I'm evil and you know it" dude
The badmouth spectator
The "I go there just to drink beer" dude

Total votes: 192
31.05.2009 - 20:43
Thought.
A Dying God
"something else" ... if not headbanging or moshing, i'm drunk and flying through a wave of hands and trying to see straight.
----
There is no God but the one that dies with me. I have no life but the one I take with me to the grave. We come into this world alone. And we will die on our own. I live. I die. Ain Elohim.
06.06.2009 - 23:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Necrogeddon on 30.05.2009 at 15:29

seeing as it's not hard to miss me and I'm usually alone too...

ha, if only more girls were like you(no i'm not talking about swaying lol), thinking only of the music and not going there waiting around to be picked up by the band members or some kind of prince charming(i don't really mind that but when it overshadows enjoying the music that's when you get a problem on your hands

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 28.05.2009 at 23:41

Unless it's a band I can REALLY get into and freak-the-fuck-out to, I'm typically the quiet listener. Oh, I'm also the guy who claps when the I think the musician(s) deserve it (Like after a solo or something). For example, (this isn't really relative to a metal show but...) I went to this funk show, and the bassist jumped out in front and started slap & poopin one of the rawest groove I've ever heard in my life. When he was finished... I was the only one clapping.

clapping(during songs) isn't audible and some guys are constantly looking at their instruments so they can't see you
07.06.2009 - 00:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
My favourite concerts these days are the concerts of Doom bands, especially Extreme Doom bands. I've witnessed amazing performances by Esoteric, Worship, Faal and (non-Extreme Doom) Warning, Forgotten Tomb, Shining, Sigur Rós among others of course.

What I usually do, especially for the concerts that are more about the music that the band members jumping and goofing around, is just standing there. Sometimes even with my eyes closed (depends on the hour and the amount of beers I've had, too). For example with Esoteric, I just stood there, had my eyes closed, focused and let "Circle" rip the fabric of my mind.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.06.2009 - 00:47
Zuzuz0r
Maybe I'm a mixture between the quiet listener and headbanger, since I like to headbang sometimes, but I've never liked that much to be in the mosh-pit, I don't have anything against people who mosh-pit and everything, but, I think I enjoy more by seeing, listening and "analyzing" the band that is playing, than just being in the mosh-pit.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
07.06.2009 - 02:25
AbdelioR
The quiet listener, I'm only a headbanger at big big big concerts.
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
07.06.2009 - 06:45
Hrothdane
Headbanger all the way. I go to concerts to let loose and get completely enveloped in the energy of the music, the band, and the audience, not just to listen to the music. I don't care for slam-dancing or moshing though.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
07.06.2009 - 13:29
GT
Coffee!!
staff
I would categorize myself the quiet listener with a bit of headbanger. Mostly just listening, but if the music is really great I'll be headbanging my neck to pieces.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.06.2009 - 17:11
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Written by Valentin B on 06.06.2009 at 23:36

ha, if only more girls were like you(no i'm not talking about swaying lol), thinking only of the music and not going there waiting around to be picked up by the band members or some kind of prince charming(i don't really mind that but when it overshadows enjoying the music that's when you get a problem on your hands

What's wrong with swaying? Yeh, I find it really degrading seeing these kind of women at gigs, and personally it's a bit of a waste of money if they just go to get laid, they could do that for free in any town
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
07.06.2009 - 17:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Necrogeddon on 07.06.2009 at 17:11

What's wrong with swaying? Yeh, I find it really degrading seeing these kind of women at gigs, and personally it's a bit of a waste of money if they just go to get laid, they could do that for free in any town

yeah, they could move to the Netherlands or to Germany and get PAID for it and so do something productive, but NO... "i'm not a slut! i just want to get laid with every band on the scene!"
07.06.2009 - 18:17
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Written by Valentin B on 07.06.2009 at 17:39

yeah, they could move to the Netherlands or to Germany and get PAID for it and so do something productive, but NO... "i'm not a slut! i just want to get laid with every band on the scene!"

I'll tell you what, I went to see Chimaira a few years back and some woman was stood at the front with just underwear on, honestly!!! Some people are just desperate
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
07.06.2009 - 18:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Necrogeddon on 07.06.2009 at 18:17

Written by Valentin B on 07.06.2009 at 17:39

I'll tell you what, I went to see Chimaira a few years back and some woman was stood at the front with just underwear on, honestly!!! Some people are just desperate

ha, that's more brutal than a pink sleeveless shirt with Hello Kitty on the front and the lyrics to Sonata Arctica - Shy on the back
07.06.2009 - 20:06
Varegan
Hamranakara
I never have been in a real concert of a real band... but when i imagine myself in a concert i would be all of choices above but a quiet listener i mean a badmouth drunk guy who headband sometimes and lookin for girls in crowd most of his time (j/k)
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
07.06.2009 - 20:15
Saitenhexerin
Listener, of course...
and I sing along and play air guitar of course lol
but sometimes, I enjoy a good moshpit <3
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
08.06.2009 - 09:51
Hyvaarin
I'm the person that enjoys the band and gets annoyed/embarrassed by pretty much everyone else there.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
08.06.2009 - 11:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hyvaarin on 08.06.2009 at 09:51

I'm the person that enjoys the band and gets annoyed/embarrassed by pretty much everyone else there.

yeah but you don't need to pay attention to them
11.06.2009 - 11:54
-Morbid-
Written by Hyvaarin on 08.06.2009 at 09:51

That sometimes. ^

But usually just the quiet listener.
11.06.2009 - 15:16
TheBigRossowski
I would have to say ''something else'' because my hair isn't quite long enough for a decent headbang, but I don't like to just stand there and listen. However, I've stopped referring to myself as a ''metalhead'' for some time now. The vast majority of them are fucking amateurs, fucking dipshits with a nine-toed woman...

The drunk guys really aggravate me sometimes because they're mostly NOT there to enjoy the music. They just want to get drunk, fight something (a chair maybe...), and pretend like they're the most evil person to walk this earth. A bunch of fuckin' fig-eaters trying to find reverse on a Soviet Tank...this is no adversary..

Kudos to the DUDES who just try to behave as they normally behave (and dress)
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
11.06.2009 - 20:49
Sunioj
Written by TheBigRossowski on 11.06.2009 at 15:16

I would have to say ''something else'' because my hair isn't quite long enough for a decent headbang, but I don't like to just stand there and listen. However, I've stopped referring to myself as a ''metalhead'' for some time now. The vast majority of them are fucking amateurs, fucking dipshits with a nine-toed woman...

The drunk guys really aggravate me sometimes because they're mostly NOT there to enjoy the music. They just want to get drunk, fight something (a chair maybe...), and pretend like they're the most evil person to walk this earth. A bunch of fuckin' fig-eaters trying to find reverse on a Soviet Tank...this is no adversary..

Kudos to the DUDES who just try to behave as they normally behave (and dress)

Right man. I was at a Draconian gig and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw drunk faggots moshing like apes. Who the fuck moshes to that shit anyway? Exactly. Also, I hate it when people clap during an intro or something or go 'HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY' - especially to the pount where you can't hear the music. If it's a loud, moshable band, I don't really care I will rip shit apart. But if it's something on quiet(er) side I'd honestly either listen to it at home in quiet or without some drunk russian douchebag screaming 'METUUUUUUUUUUUL' in my ear.
12.06.2009 - 16:30
TheBigRossowski
There is also another thread about moshing and those same idiots come into play. That's just the way to describe a typical metalhead. However, just like ''jocks'', types vary.

People who are moshing aren't really thinking about anything at the time. They just have their adrenalin rush and go at it. They don't consider that they're could actually be a fan with health problems or the problems they could create. I fractured my vertebrae in the Army, but the dude behind me doesn't know that, he'll just start pushing away! I have metal rods in my back, but moshing isn't fun anymore...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
14.06.2009 - 06:18
Diclonius
Account deleted
I´m the headbanger most of the time, but when I get rally drunk, I´m the "I´m evil and you know it" dude. xD
14.06.2009 - 19:57
Numbskull
I'm Headbangin' till my skull is numb. YEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14.06.2009 - 23:11
Derwood
I'm definitely a headbanger. I'm old enough to feel the bruises too much for moshing anymore. I also tend to scream (or growl, as the case may be) along when I know the words. I'm the kind of concert goer I loved to play for back in the day. No drinking since I prefer to remember the show.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
19.08.2009 - 01:48
Razorback
The headbanger it's hard to stay calm on some thrash /death armaggedon
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
10.09.2009 - 10:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am not headbanging that much...but i wave with my hands most of the time...and jumping around...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.09.2009 - 02:41
Shogun
When I play a live show, I am constantly headbanging (except at some slower tempo bridge or something). When I am watching one, It depends on the band and song. It has to be powerful, and has to pump me up.
----
U.S.A. for Satan!
03.12.2009 - 17:02
Gathering Storm
Account deleted
I voted something else, cause I'm not a full on headbanger, but I'm not the quiet listener either.. I guess I could be described as the one who stares at the musicians for a while (because she cant keep her eyes off of the awesomeness) and then alternates between singing and headbanging (no, not both at the same time, I can't do that)
03.12.2009 - 17:21
Roro
None of those.
i am the friendly one, who enjoy the mix of gathering alot of common friends in one place and listening to a good music
05.12.2009 - 01:05
Silent_wolfer
Like a few people here i'm a mixture of the quite listener and the headbanger.
05.12.2009 - 01:33
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Definitively the headbanger/sing-along-er/scream-for-me and so on. Not really in the mosh-pit, but there are exceptions, no stage diving either.
This can happen sometimes after a period of just listening to the band, but my head generally starts to bang on its own...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
07.12.2009 - 01:10
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by tulkas on 28.05.2009 at 23:25

Written by Ragana on 28.05.2009 at 22:53

Quote:
The "I'm evil and you know it" dude

I have no fucking idea what the hell it means but it sounded good. Well... I AM evil.

blood tears answered that one: "It's the guy who's there trying to look scary and is arrogant towards other people. A lot of people do that". so, it's the prick that sits in a corner trying to look tr00

Oh, I didn't notice this post. I don't like corners, so, I guess I'm just looking evil... ]:-)

Seriously, I'm just enjoying music and I always have some friends around me, I don't really like to go alone because the guys are a lot more than girls and drunk guys sometimes feel too confident of themselves... so I need some bodyguard.
What I really like to do is to sing along. I'm quite good at that, lol.