Metal Storm logo
The Awesome Beer Thread

28.05.2009 - 16:38
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
After making a poll with having only 8 possible choices I decided that it would be better to have a Beer topic. So, tell us what's your favorite beer, why it is and give us all the necessary information about it so that we can try it when we have the chance.

So, keep on the discussion about this great drink called Beer!

As for me, I've already wrote it: Erdinger (i don't know much about it's short etc) is the best. It is a beer that kneeds in your bottle and it tastes great!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
28.05.2009 - 19:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
You could also try making a "favorite beer type" thread... as in blonde, black, red or lager, ale, etc.

anyway, my favorite Romanian beer is Bergenbier, it's not too bitter and has a very nice after-taste. plus it comes in 2 liter bottles other great beers that hail from my land are Silva(women prefer it since the taste isn't at all bitter, the black variety is almost sweet), Timisoreana (balanced taste at a great price), and Ursus(very popular, but i haven't had any in a long long time so i can't remember how it tastes)

as for foreign beer(as in, imported) i haven't had enough to decide on that. i do sometimes order Romanian-made Beck's which is pretty good, and Stella Artois which is also good but nothing that special for the higher price.
28.05.2009 - 19:44
Elio
Red Nightmare
Yeah, a topic is surely better than a poll for the God's beverage!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
28.05.2009 - 20:05
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Valentin B on 28.05.2009 at 19:38

You could also try making a "favorite beer type" thread... as in blonde, black, red or lager, ale, etc.

anyway, my favorite Romanian beer is Bergenbier, it's not too bitter and has a very nice after-taste. plus it comes in 2 liter bottles other great beers that hail from my land are Silva(women prefer it since the taste isn't at all bitter, the black variety is almost sweet), Timisoreana (balanced taste at a great price), and Ursus(very popular, but i haven't had any in a long long time so i can't remember how it tastes)

as for foreign beer(as in, imported) i haven't had enough to decide on that. i do sometimes order Romanian-made Beck's which is pretty good, and Stella Artois which is also good but nothing that special for the higher price.

yeah i thought about that -it was my first thought basically- but then i thought that it would be better to open a topic for one more reason: cause in a poll like that i guess many would say for example: i like blonds more. and noithing else. at least now. it may not have so many answers as a poll but the people who'll write here they are going to explain their preferences more...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
28.05.2009 - 20:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Man hwo can you open, have you tryd all beers, all greek beers?
Do you know how many beer types is in Germany about 6 000 yes 6 000 I saw it in beer news
Man best beer isnt for export, Tuborg, Calsberg, heineken is shit not beer
Try small breverey in germany whos located womehere and beer isnt export farer how 4okm from brevery , thats a beer

Ok I like dark beer more,

I love guinness but here aint no guinness real guinness is in Dublion nera factory special water make sit unique, outside Eire isnt guinness , like you cant buy good Creta raki outside Creta

I drink only Piebalgas, Bauskas, U?avas and Tērvetes beer. Those who come here to Lv shood drink those fuck Aldaris and GUCk Cēsu
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.05.2009 - 20:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 28.05.2009 at 20:07

Do you know how many beer types is in Germany about 6 000 yes 6 000 I saw it in beer news

Beer news? you mean there is a Beer Television?
28.05.2009 - 20:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 28.05.2009 at 20:33

Beer news? you mean there is a Beer Television?

We have here TV show it calls Beer News even it was 4 years ago there was news about world beer , it was 2 times in week 30mim
----

apos;'
[image]
28.05.2009 - 22:19
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Copied from the closed thread:

I can't really decide on one favourite, that's too hard . Mostly I drink Chimay (the blue one), Tiroler Bier (it's local beer which is even pretty unknown here, but it's really good ), Grolsch, Kapsreiter or Wieslburger, but I like many many more.
28.05.2009 - 22:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Way too mny favourite beers for me to choose from. It really depends on the mood I am in and what weather it is as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.05.2009 - 22:39
tulkas
el parcero
Like i had said on the other thread, my fav beer still remains the colombian beer AGUILA. sure there's a lot of nice beers out there, but this one does it for me
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
28.05.2009 - 22:48
TheOwl
Murphys & Guinness but mostly I like this German smoked beer that has a name with about 24 letters that is almost impossible for me to spell!
Smoked beers! yeah man, it rules! The taste is like eating smoked ham or smoked cheese but with a beer texture! All beer fans should try it!
some info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoked_beer
28.05.2009 - 22:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.05.2009 at 22:34

Way too mny favourite beers for me to choose from. It really depends on the mood I am in and what weather it is as well.

damn you dutch/belgian people who get all those tiny microbreweries who have such great tasting beer because they need to compete with each other to survive, hence the need to get better taste at a better price! here i know precisely ZERO microbreweries and everything is corporately managed(though some beers taste actually pretty good) but still, to have so many varieties to chose from...

what's your favorite mainstream beer then?
28.05.2009 - 22:57
Ragana
Rawrcat

I drink only Piebalgas, Bauskas, U?avas and Tērvetes beer. Those who come here to Lv shood drink those fuck Aldaris and GUCk Cēsu

Cēsu is quite good and no I don't care what are you saying. But about others it's true. Tērvetes is still good, yea (and I drink it mostly) but Aldaris sucks.
28.05.2009 - 22:58
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
While no one will have tried them all, people are certainly entitled to their favorites - i've not heard every album ever recorded, but have favorites.

disclaimer: this is posted prematurely before some hack goes into some lame ass rant about how inferior American beers are. we get it. Bud sucks. but it's the most consumed beer in the world, meaning the rest of y'all drink it as well. hell, two of my best friends went to Ireland, stopped at some pubs and were shocked to see the locals drinking it... the reality is America has tons of fantastic breweries from more well known ones like New Belgium and Samuel Adams to tons of local breweries all over.

personally, depends on where i'm at and what the environment is.

a "cold" winter evening is different from a scorching summer day by the pool or a nice fall afternoon happy hour out on the patio of my favorite bar.

what follows is my list of favorites that i drink regularly. they're not my all-time favorites, per se, as i've done a couple "beers of the world" tours and tried hundreds of beers in my lifetime. i cannot remember them all. these are the beers that are readily available at the local supermarkets or stores that i purchase and consume on a fairly regular basis.

From New Belgium, who are 'famous' for their Fat Tire beer, some of their best works are less well known. Unfortunately, NB is very hit or miss with their other brews. Either i love them far more than the flagship Fat Tire, or i just cannot stand them.

Sunshine Wheat - perfect for those 100 degree summer days playing pool volleyball when a heavier beer would sit in your stomach like a brick.

Mighty Arrow - a seasonal beer whose season is apparently passing... or i just drank my local supermarket out of their supply.

Samuel Adams brewery - aka Sammy Adams. Like New Belgium, a more 'famous' American brewery that evolved from "Micro Brew" status. Also like NB, their specialty beers can be hit or miss depending upon your palette.

Sammy Adams Light - (SAL's as I call 'em) - my absolute favorite light beer, as it tastes like a real beer. great for those of you a little more calorie-conscious in your consumption.

Their Boston Lager is also really good, and the Samuel Adams Double Bock is one of my absolute favorite beers ever, although I have not seen it in over 12 years. Apparently they still make it, but it's a bit difficult to find out in Arizona.

Big Sky Brewery out of Montana also makes some great stuff. if you can find their "sampler" 12 pack, get it. While Moose Drool is their most famous, i'm big on the Scape Goat Pale Ale and Troutslayer.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - a nice heavy pale ale that lets you know you're drinking it. Ivar Bjornson of Enslaved toured the brewery during their current tour and had nice things to say about it. And Enslaved know their beer.

outside of those, i also love Guinness on tap, as well as Harps, Paulaner Salvator

i do love to try beers, so i'll see what a bar has and try something new frequently, bot those are the beers i most frequently consume.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.05.2009 - 23:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.05.2009 at 22:34

weather man if its bad wine, or strong booze, no beer in pubs for me in winter, , winter its moustly for strong drinks

Bitter Cold - you can buy all those in USA?
----

apos;'
[image]
28.05.2009 - 23:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Also since people mention beer preferences changing with the weather, i have to say that Tuborg Christmas Brew is pretty rad, even when i drank it from a can(yeah i know, cardinal sin)

also what would you guys recommend in terms of mainstream beer or beer type to drink on hot summer days?
28.05.2009 - 23:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 28.05.2009 at 23:05

also what would you guys recommend in terms of mainstream beer or beer type to drink on hot summer days?

Light n weeker , same like white wine is in summer red in winter, in Crete no red wine in summer only winter
Well in summer I try drink Bauskas Gai?as, or Tērvetes. lil colder Bauskas Tum?ais or Aldara ''Porteris'' only beer what I can stand from Aldara beers :p ............ doubt you have those in Romania
----

apos;'
[image]
29.05.2009 - 04:56
SilentScream
Blasphemer
I fell in love with a whole slew of beers when I went to Belgium last summer : Bellevue, Chimay, Orval, Duvel, the list goes on and on...

They really GET beer over there. Moreso then any other place I have been. Yet again, I haven't been to Germany and Czech Republic yet, so I can't give my final verdict.

Then again, we are rather lucky in Québec to have so many breweries, the biggest being Unibroue : http://www.unibroue.com/index_eng.html
29.05.2009 - 05:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I like Budweiser. It's not my favorite, but it's cheap and you can drink them all night. Same goes with Pabst.

My favorite is Guinness by far. I don't care if it comes from the can, bottle, or tap, I'll order a nice warm glass of that over anything else every time.
29.05.2009 - 05:49
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 28.05.2009 at 22:58

From New Belgium, who are 'famous' for their Fat Tire beer, some of their best works are less well known. Unfortunately, NB is very hit or miss with their other brews. Either i love them far more than the flagship Fat Tire, or i just cannot stand them.

Amazing beer! Have you ever had it on tap? It is hard to find, but since I live in the #1 beer city in the USA, I know a place that has it.

Now for mine as broken down by season:

Spring
Brewery:New Belgium
Beer: 1554

Summer
Brewery: Pisgah
Beer: Endless Summer Ale

sorry, I couldn't find a picture of it. Guess we drink it fast than someone can get out the camera

Fall
Brewery: Highland
Beer: Oatmeal Porter

Winter
I don't have just one!!!

And the winner for my "Any Time O' Th' Year Beer' is:
Rolling Rock
----
(space for rent)
29.05.2009 - 06:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Bad English on 28.05.2009 at 23:00

Bitter Cold - you can buy all those in USA?

the beers i listed? as i said, those are the beers i drink on a fairly regular basis... whatever of those is in stock or on sale is what i get. i can assure you i am not going to cross international borders to pick up a 12 pack.

most of those (minus the Paulaner and the Big Sky Sampler 12 pack) i get at the super market a mile away from my house.

15 minutes in the car will get me to BevMo and their seIection of beer... some 1,300+ different beers. Some in stock, some you have to order.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.05.2009 - 06:45
tulkas
el parcero
I actually thought a lot of people liked Corona beer, but from the beer and other alcoholic drinks related threads i found out that that's not so true... but i do like Corona, i think it's ok. and i do have to say i'm not a beer expert or anything, so if someone wants to bash on me, it's ok
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
29.05.2009 - 12:10
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Corona is not bad, but it's no beer for me, it's more like a juice
29.05.2009 - 12:31
U47
As I am an Aurstria I have to say (as a real patriot ), that Hirter Märzen is probably the best beer you can get. Check it out, also beats Heineken and so on by far .
29.05.2009 - 12:46
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by U47 on 29.05.2009 at 12:31

As I am an Aurstria I have to say (as a real patriot ), that Hirter Märzen is probably the best beer you can get. Check it out, also beats Heineken and so on by far .

Wow, another Austrian . Hirter Märzen is really good, but not many guys I know like Märzen (although I like it )
29.05.2009 - 12:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

keystone OBVIOUSLY.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.05.2009 - 15:20
Elio
Red Nightmare
Lol Corona sucks, wtf is that lemon doing there?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
29.05.2009 - 16:21
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Like I said, Corona isn't that bad, but if I want a beer I wouldn't order a Corona
29.05.2009 - 19:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elio on 29.05.2009 at 15:20

Lol Corona sucks, wtf is that lemon doing there?

Corone is football team from Poland Kielce
But I agree it sucks man Birr Morreti is much better how Corona

Dunno Mexican beers is weird, dunno why , tequilla is drink nr 1. there
----

apos;'
[image]
29.05.2009 - 20:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Corona is ok, it's another situational drink... they had some gimmicks that other brands have since adopted, such as the "bucket of beer" at bars where for a price ($10), they bring a metal Corona bucket to your table filled with ice and 4-5 Coronas.

The lime is just a flavor thing, like some other beers might put an orange slice on the glass (some hefeweizens, blue moon) - although i actually like a little slice of lime in my Corona. the orange slice thing does not sit well with me.

but it's not the best beer Mexico has to offer. i prefer Pacifico. in general, i'm not terribly thrilled with Mexican beers.

i will disagree with Bad English/K7, though, in that i'd take a Corona con Limon over a Moretti (or any of the other Italian beers i've had, for that matter) any day.
----