Metal Storm logo
The Awesome Beer Thread

Original post

Posted by Deadmeat, 28.05.2009 - 16:38
After making a poll with having only 8 possible choices I decided that it would be better to have a Beer topic. So, tell us what's your favorite beer, why it is and give us all the necessary information about it so that we can try it when we have the chance.

So, keep on the discussion about this great drink called Beer!

As for me, I've already wrote it: Erdinger (i don't know much about it's short etc) is the best. It is a beer that kneeds in your bottle and it tastes great!
05.05.2014 - 08:31
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Lucerna on 01.05.2014 at 12:34

It depends, really. If that Vinmonopolet thing doesn't exploit anything and the prices are good, then I suppose there's nothing really to complain about.

There's no problem with Vinmonopolet. The tax levels on alcohol in Norway is quite high, so it will be a bit expensive anyway.

Had a Nøgne Ø #500 Imperial IPA this weekend. Good one, but I'm not shure about the sweetness. I like my IPA's a little bitter, but with an Imperial you'll get the sweetness from the alcohol strenght. At 10% it is a bit heavy. Bought a Nøgne Ø Two Captains Double IPA as well, but haven't tried it yet.

Also had a Ægir Sumbel Porter, which is now, after drinking it several times, my favorite Porter. These are alle Norwegian beers, so I don't know how common they are outside our borders, but if you come across anything from Nøgne Ø you should try it.
08.05.2014 - 17:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
La Trappe Witte from Brouwerij de Koningshoeven

A dutch trappist beer made in Brouwerij de Koningshoeven abbey. Only Witbier trappist in this world, and it has 100% dutch, Belgium Witbier character, as german hefe / wezien are different taste (both are made from wheat) .. enjoyable beer. but from all trappiste Chimay, Westmalle, Rochefort are better. I wish I can try more trappiste beers what I havnt also from this abbey

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.05.2014 - 08:30
toxx
Supreme being
Summer is coming. The time for Saison, Wit, IPA and Blonde
09.05.2014 - 12:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by toxx on 09.05.2014 at 08:30

Hefe Weizen is better for Scandi summer,
besides brune and dunkel, schawarzbier, black ale, light stout n porter (5%) kelebier, altbier also is good
I wish there would be majbock in Scandi
----

apos;'
[image]
09.05.2014 - 14:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

why do you associate a Saison with summer? Originally it was a beer for the winter period and early autumn. Nowadays it's a year round beer.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.05.2014 - 15:05
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.05.2014 at 14:43

why do you associate a Saison with summer? Originally it was a beer for the winter period and early autumn. Nowadays it's a year round beer.

Strange, because it was often brewed on farms in the autumn and early winter and then stored so they had beer for the workers during summer. The name originates from season workers; "les saisonniers". By Belgian law they actually were in title to as much as 5 liters per day.

I think it is a summer brew. Often fruity and highly carbonated. Perfect for warm summer days.
09.05.2014 - 16:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.05.2014 at 14:43

because Norvegian summer is ike autumn
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2014 - 12:57
toxx
Supreme being
My new favorite Double IPA is Nøgne Ø - Two Captains! I highly recommend it if you like IPA's and DIPA's on the more bitter end of the scale.
12.05.2014 - 13:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by toxx on 12.05.2014 at 12:57

My new favorite Double IPA is Nøgne Ø - Two Captains! I highly recommend it if you like IPA's and DIPA's on the more bitter end of the scale.

I ike IPA; but IMO IPA are most overated from underated beers
but IPA has good bitter taste, good hops aroma, all IPA's ... never drink in Aranda, or airports ...I need a piss often and in aiplains its anoying
----

apos;'
[image]
15.05.2014 - 02:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Malduguns has 2 new beer types
ale - Saules Duriens ( Ragana how to translate it, in english
IPA - Zala Bise (lol green shout gun (hunting one)
----

apos;'
[image]
15.05.2014 - 04:39
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Just tried Deschutes Brewery's "Fresh Squeezed IPA" for the first time today. They keep coming up with new stuff and never cease to impress.
----
15.05.2014 - 09:32
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Jaeryd on 15.05.2014 at 04:39

Just tried Deschutes Brewery's "Fresh Squeezed IPA" for the first time today. They keep coming up with new stuff and never cease to impress.

We should import more craft beer from the states. There's only a few breweries to choose from here. Most places only have Flying Dog, and maybe Brooklyn Brewery and Anchor. Great, but I wan't MORE!
17.05.2014 - 01:51
Lucerna

Written by Bad English on 08.05.2014 at 17:42

A dutch trappist beer made in Brouwerij de Koningshoeven abbey. Only Witbier trappist in this world, and it has 100% dutch, Belgium Witbier character, as german hefe / wezien are different taste (both are made from wheat) .. enjoyable beer. but from all trappiste Chimay, Westmalle, Rochefort are better. I wish I can try more trappiste beers what I havnt also from this abbey
I like all of La Trappe. I agree though that Westmalle is better, and Chimay is on par for me. For some reason I never liked any Rochefort beer though (tried the 6, 8 and 10).
Have you ever had La Trappe's Isid'or? I think it's their best beer.
----
达到光亮之前我是个小龙 | Last.fm
17.05.2014 - 01:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucerna on 17.05.2014 at 01:51

Written by Bad English on 08.05.2014 at 17:42

I like all of La Trappe. I agree though that Westmalle is better, and Chimay is on par for me. For some reason I never liked any Rochefort beer though (tried the 6, 8 and 10).
Have you ever had La Trappe's Isid'or? I think it's their best beer.

no seems here only vitbier is avalible
----

apos;'
[image]
18.05.2014 - 22:57
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Jaeryd on 15.05.2014 at 04:39

that is one of my favorites. a "lighter" ipa, easier to knock back a few.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.06.2014 - 13:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2014 - 20:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Löwenbrau origianl --- piss lager what I tryd , I hate those ones, they have good Märzen Special Oktoberfest ---
Primator - dark cz piss beer, wont get even a point because of its dark
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2014 - 01:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Oppigårds Turbo Stout 8.7%
Great Swedish stout well Swe version about TUTI stout, great strong roasted malt taste, what make stout so special, definitely ling of beers .. little cheaper as YETI and only little weaker taste but many wont feel it, so great great stout ?.

----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2014 - 09:12
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2014 at 01:44

Great Swedish stout well Swe version about TUTI stout, great strong roasted malt taste, what make stout so special, definitely ling of beers .. little cheaper as YETI and only little weaker taste but many wont feel it, so great great stout ?.

Need to find that one next time I visit systemet. I also buy a few bottles of Yeti every time I'm in Sweden. Haven't found it in Norway yet..
19.06.2014 - 11:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by toxx on 19.06.2014 at 09:12

Written by Bad English on 19.06.2014 at 01:44

Need to find that one next time I visit systemet. I also buy a few bottles of Yeti every time I'm in Sweden. Haven't found it in Norway yet..

Well its not always there, I mean Turbo... depends in wat town you are , not all beers are here
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2014 - 14:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
2 beers I try yesterday, since it was in the pub and I dont carry camera whit me, I didnt make any pictures.
One was some Belgium( cant remember name, it was from bottle and low alcoholic %) , I usually dont drink those, but this was good, taste was like beer, more hoppy, and also head was long, remains me good british cask ale in British pub whit low alcohol % but damn good beer taste, its possible made also good beer whit low alcohol % but .. well many dont want to do, this what I tryd was possible to drink, cant compare whit those piss beers even Heineken and Carslberg alcoholically taste more like piss.

Visby Stout - Draft version.
Great stout under 6% taste was great, you can feel it good even take a little in your mouth, also it was long, didnt desapear as whit other beers can happen, great stout, havnt drink so much draft stouts, but this is my best (so far stout under 6% ), also you can feel roasted malt as in stouts should be ... good one
Stouts and porters, specially imperial ones are kings of beer
----

apos;'
[image]
04.07.2014 - 01:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Iron Fists - Velver Glow
a good american imperial oatmeal stout 9% , 1L bottle , I dont remember last time I drunk 1L beer bottle, great smell, great taste , aftertaste in mouth remand me Ayinger Winter Bock, well to be honest there are many good stouts, imperial stouts around, I dont even know what is best ... anyway all are good, like I said before stouts n porters are kings of the beer, in hearichy they stands higher

----

apos;'
[image]
08.07.2014 - 22:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok today's beer

BrewDog hardcore IPA
Good IPA 9% alcohol dubbel IPA , wary specifically taste, great hoppy bitterness, whit some ample or lemon aftertaste, great drink wery hoppy, balanced, I dont know how many types of hops they use, but I felt one , no like other ipas where you feel hoppy bitterness and mixture whit many, here was more like one, good head, good taste all time long, good aftertaste , like 3-5 h after it and I feel hoppy biterness into my mouth but I have not drink anything or eat after it ... great one
Maybe biggest minus was its to hot even in the shadow, I was fucking around, 3 h and killing time, in such heat I prefere hefe weizens, dunkel weizens , dunkels or schwarcbiers , still good IPA, next time I go in time, ... I saw bottles what Erik Mols ha stryd last weeks , maybe on Luleå Hamnfestival I will tryd
I drunk this in the pub The Bishops Arms Luleå so no camera whit me, cant make picks ( but originally I was searching some draft stout or porter, since I am stout and porter freak ... possessed whit those 2 beer types
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2014 - 18:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
St. Bernardus Abt 12 - I tryd it in the Bishops , I did not have camera and I did not make picture
10% great beer , great 'Quadrupel, super good, typical belgium ale, to be honest you can stuck whit this one to rest of your life and dont drink anything else on regular bases, just like your think, good beer, I want try rest of those

Brew Dog - Punk IPA

I didn't like it, hoppy taste is so week and varnishes after short time of the period, and in the end it taste as ordinary pub ale , nothing more , traditional ipa hoppy taste is only when you open and also smell is week... waist of money , I know they have better beers and ipa's as well

Siera Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA

Interesting extra IPA; well IMO this bravery is little overrated, they traditional IPA, I dont know how porters and stouts tatse, but for this money I can buy taste , nice head, taste keeps up, but its over after 20min if beer stands in the glass, well I have tryd better , but I dont wanna deny this as well

----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2014 - 21:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Oppigårds thurbo double ipa

good double IPA; good smell, taste and bitterness, good hoppy balance, it keeps taste lonmg time but even whit time taste and hopps is weeker, bitterness into the beer is forever , good underrated Swedish brievery

----

apos;'
[image]
29.07.2014 - 23:09
Góral
Combo Breaker
As an amateur - wheat beer enthusiast I present my new love: German Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. Beer from the Weihenstephan brewery near Freising. Excellent Bavarian wheat, very drinkable and refreshing. A little sweet, fruity, with hints of.. fresh bread ? A little fizzy. A perfect wheat beer for the summer, just love.

30.07.2014 - 02:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Góral on 29.07.2014 at 23:09

As an amateur - wheat beer enthusiast I present my new love: German Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. Beer from the Weihenstephan brewery near Freising. Excellent Bavarian wheat, very drinkable and refreshing. A little sweet, fruity, with hints of.. fresh bread ? A little fizzy. A perfect wheat beer for the summer, just love.

Good one great hefe weizen, try dunkel weizen
best german hefe weizens are franzikaner, this and Schneider wesse tap 6 , well those what are possible easily get abroad
Belgium vit bier is little diferent , if it goes for wheat beer I take german ... want to try wheat ale and wheat rauchbier
Aecht Schlenkermna but they don't sell it as export
----

apos;'
[image]
30.07.2014 - 12:01
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Bad English on 30.07.2014 at 02:01

best german hefe weizens are franzikaner, this and Schneider wesse tap 6

I know Franziskaner very well, a very nice wheat beer indeed. Especially Hefe Weissbier Dunkel - taste a bit like Paulaner dunkel, which is a bit more to my taste. I haven't tried Schneider Weisse Tap 6 yet but it looks tempting, must try. Thanks for the suggestions
03.08.2014 - 00:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Duvel Tripel Hop 2014 9,2%

Good IPA if we can say so, good awesome head and sound when you fill this beer in the glass, balanced, hoopy, bitter taste , decent IPA; better as standard version of Duvel, , good smell, I love hops. Same time more you drink beer, less and less you can describe it

----

apos;'
[image]
04.08.2014 - 14:06
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Bad English on 03.08.2014 at 00:44

Duvel Tripel Hop 2014 9,2%

Good IPA if we can say so, good awesome head and sound when you fill this beer in the glass, balanced, hoopy, bitter taste , decent IPA; better as standard version of Duvel, , good smell, I love hops. Same time more you drink beer, less and less you can describe it

This is not an IPA. This is a belgian ale, brewed with three different types of hops, then refermented in the bottle. It's hoppy, but not an IPA. I think this one is a bit boring. Nice bitterness in the aftertaste, but I prefer the standard Duvel (which contains two types of hops).

If you like IPA, you should try the norwegian Kinn Vestkyst India Pale Ale, Nøgne Ø Two Captains (Douple IPA), and Wild Beer Madness IPA. Really hoppy, with a nice zesty bitterness to them. My top three in that category.

I should mention that I really like the Oppigård Thurbo DIPA too. I always buy it when I'm visiting sweden.

I had a BrewDog Heaven Hill a couple of weeks ago. Best Imperial Stout ever! Matured on bourbon casks. Sweet vanilla/caramel notes, with a good dose of coffee. You should try it if you have the chance.