Metal Storm logo
Gorod

12.06.2009 - 01:14
Galar
Wicked Mung
Okay. So I have been a Gorod fan for a couple of years now. I use to think they were sick, but now that Process of a New Decline is out; it is evident to me that these guys are godly. What do you all think about the new album? Im my book it gets close to a 10.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
12.06.2009 - 09:52
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Gorod is a great band... i was thinking to open a topic about them to cause they are so good! i've not heard their last album till now but i will soon! their 2 first releases dominate!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
12.06.2009 - 11:03
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
I'll be posting a review of this album soon.
12.06.2009 - 17:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I was more than a bit disappointed by this release. Leading Vision is easily for me one of the all time greatest tech-death albums but the new one was somewhat generic sounding, had very dodgy production (no dynamic range) and was far to technical for it's own good; they were best when they were making catchy, interesting metal. It's still a good album but also a disappointment.
13.06.2009 - 00:17
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Definitely their best... Leading Vision is a good album too.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
13.06.2009 - 01:07
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I've been wanting to give their new album a listen since it came out but i'm waiting until it is available on amazon since it surely isn't in any record store near here. I'm excited about the new Gorod, i guessed that it would be your more 'typical' tech dm after listening to their two new songs online so it might not be as special as Leading Vision but it still should be something good.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
13.06.2009 - 01:08
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by jupitreas on 12.06.2009 at 11:03

I'll be posting a review of this album soon.

Yes, yes you will, don't be changing your mind.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
19.12.2010 - 10:30
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Hail, friends. A piece of outdated news on the upcoming EP.

http://www.myspace.com/gorod/blog/540751459

Also, Galar, please rename the thread into "Gorod" as this is the official thread.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

01.01.2011 - 10:57
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Changed thread title, if anyone's still interested in chatting here. For discussion of the Process Of A New Decline album, see the review thread for it - http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/review.php?review_id=6896
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
28.05.2011 - 20:55
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
After watching the trailer for the new EP, I felt like listening to Leading Vision again. I have always enjoyed that album, but Process of a New Decline was always superior to it in my mind. Today, I totally rediscovered Leading Vision. What Process of a New Decline kind of always lacked: some sort of direction; there a lot of great technical playing and some amazing solos but the album lacks substance or what I refer to as "character." Leading Vision seems to be superior in that. Besides that, the sound seemed a bit fuller (as in more bass in the mix ) and, I guess, a bit less polished.

I also kept remembering !J.O.O.E.! talking about Leading Vision as superior to Process of a New Decline. Now I tend to agree...
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

28.05.2011 - 21:06
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Great band. I have not heard the new cd yet. I remember finding these guys years and years ago.
28.05.2011 - 21:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by K✞ulu on 28.05.2011 at 20:55

After watching the trailer for the new EP, I felt like listening to Leading Vision again. I have always enjoyed that album, but Process of a New Decline was always superior to it in my mind. Today, I totally rediscovered Leading Vision. What Process of a New Decline kind of always lacked: some sort of direction; there a lot of great technical playing and some amazing solos but the album lacks substance or what I refer to as "character." Leading Vision seems to be superior in that. Besides that, the sound seemed a bit fuller (as in more bass in the mix ) and, I guess, a bit less polished.

I also kept remembering !J.O.O.E.! talking about Leading Vision as superior to Process of a New Decline. Now I tend to agree...

People think about me? o.0 That's nice to know! I'll be watching the trailer then if it has some of Leading Vision's character going on.
28.05.2011 - 22:45
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Guest on 28.05.2011 at 21:43

Written by K✞ulu on 28.05.2011 at 20:55

People think about me? o.0 That's nice to know! I'll be watching the trailer then if it has some of Leading Vision's character going on.

well, the EP has those acoustic versions of Earth Pus, so I decided to go back and listen again to the original version. I loved the sound so much that I decided to give it a full spin, and man I was impressed in a new way.

But what is your my criticism of Process of a New Decline? I still love that album; it sounds like Leading Vision but a bit overindulgent, and thus lacking direction. Overall, it is still Gorod with their unique style. So I think that you saying "For me this release capitulated to the hundreds of other mindless, tech-over-quality death metal bands that are so abundant today" is a bit too critical. At least for me it did not sound like mindless technique show-off.

As far as the EP trailer, those acoustic versions sound sooooooo sweet; just shows once again how talented Mat is (if he is the main songwriter).
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

11.03.2012 - 12:04
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
People, did you know that Mat was involved in a Funk/Acid Jazz band called Bundy's Back? Really great groovy music. Check them out at http://www.reverbnation.com/bundysback and leave your feedback at the Bundy's Back thread (which I have just created) here at Metal Storm .
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

22.03.2012 - 18:03
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I bought Leading Vision at the show in Prague and got it signed by everyone expect for Nutz. I also talked to Mat outside. It was such a great experience!

I was also surprised to see band members selling their own merch (except for Obscura). So the dudes were hanging out with people at the bar (especially the guys from Exivious and Gorod). One of the most striking snapshots in my head is Spawn of Possession's vocalist coming off stages and going directly to sell the merch. Incredible!

----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

12.04.2012 - 16:50
Oaken
Hipster
Their newest "A Perfect Absolution" is a great album. Great riffs, melodies and solos in addition to the creative concept.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
14.04.2012 - 00:08
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Oaken on 12.04.2012 at 16:50

Their newest "A Perfect Absolution" is a great album. Great riffs, melodies and solos in addition to the creative concept.

If you have not, give a listen to their previous albums. They are outstanding.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

14.04.2012 - 00:41
Oaken
Hipster
Written by K✞ulu on 14.04.2012 at 00:08

Written by Oaken on 12.04.2012 at 16:50

If you have not, give a listen to their previous albums. They are outstanding.

"Leading Visions" is on my to listen-to list.
Thanks.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.