01. You'll Never See
02. Now And Forever
03. Morbid Way To Die
04. Obsessed
05. Grief
06. Severing Flesh
07. Brutally Deceased
08. Christi(ns)anity

In the early 90's, Grave were called by many a "rising force" in the Death Metal scene. After their great debut album, "Into The Grave", they should continue on the same high level to justify this title. The result of this effort is "You'll Never See", a great Death Metal album -from those who make you unable to stop headbanging!

From the first song, the self-titled "You'll Never See", this album punches you on the face. In my opinion, this is also the best song of the album. It is a both catchy and really brutal Death Metal song. I cannot forget the moments when Ola Lindgren growls "You'll never see" and after a few seconds he screams: "HEAVEN"! These are the album's most catchy moments for me. Also, I find the song's solo just perfect (it is easily played but creates a great atmosphere) and the part before this, when bells ring on the background. Another excellent song is "Brutally Deceased". It is the most powerful song of the album and includes an actually great melody before the chorus.

In "You'll Never See", Grave have created, with a simple-played music, some really great songs. Technically, this album is nothing so special, but the band managed to give a great feeling into their songs. The sound is old-school and the music is not so fast. The lyrics talk about death and the anti-christian views of the band. However, the album's disadvantage is it's production. The sound quality is really bad - I can't tell if the band chose to do so, or if they didn't have the choice to do something better. Another bad thing (and probably the last one) about "You'll Never See" is that there are 2-3 songs which are not as good as the rest.

Well, Grave have created an album which is able to amaze every (old school) Death Metal fan! Now, go listen to this album or You Will Never See Heaven!

Best songs: You'll Never See, Brutally Deceased, Christ(in)sanity!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 7

Written by Deadmeat | 30.04.2009

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 62 users
14.06.2009 - 13:00
Rating: 9
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Hey people I apologize but I missed something on the review. It's not Ola Lindgren in the vocals, but Jörgen Sandström. Sorry..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
12.03.2010 - 00:09
Infurnace

An essential Grave album, that's for sure. This probably is my favorite of all the Grave albums. It's really simple, straight-forward old-school death metal, but that's exactly why I like Grave.
10.03.2011 - 04:49
Rating: 9
Sonic MrSumo

I love this album.

Good review mate, although I disagree about the sound quality. I think it's fine...not as good as Soulless, but fine all the same.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
29.09.2011 - 01:43
JD
Account deleted
Quote:
The result of this effort is "You'll Never See", a great Death Metal album -from those who make you unable to stop headbanging!

That's true, I headbanged like a bitch, when I first heard it.

Definitely a classic OSDM album, I'd give it the same rating though.

Hits total: 5539 | This month: 15