Metal Storm logo
Polish Death Metal

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 15.07.2006 - 19:07
It seems there has been an influx of great Death Metal streaming from this wonderful country as of late. It is without a doubt probably my favorite Death Metal country. I mean, who can deny that a lot of great Death/Black acts have been pouring out of Poland? With veterans like Vader and Trauma, innovators like Behemoth, and then just a ton of other great ones like Hate, Decapitated, Vesania, Dies Irae, Immemorial, Hell-Born, Demise, and many more I would just like too see which bands are your favorites? I really enjoy all the ones that I have listed. That's a start. Anyone a fan?
06.11.2008 - 17:29
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.11.2008 at 13:36

Written by Guest on 02.11.2008 at 19:26

How many polish death metal bands does it take too screw in a light bulb?...

Vader is Sweet.dont have any albums though..just a few songs off soulseek

There many polish DM bands what you can get in band home page or offival mp3 poland page , thats werry easy and smiple thats how I got moust underground DM bands from Poland and Vader, Decapitaed , behemot are moust overated bands from Poland

Decapitated owns. I don't see how they are overrated when they are so talented. Same with Behemoth and Vader. I want you to show me a polish dm band that is better then Decapitated.
06.11.2008 - 17:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Smurfkiller - Mercilles Death and Mentor for example thay are real old school DM bands those 3 are overated and not talanted at all I cant stand non of those bands
Okl some more bands Bloodlust , Imperator, Danger Drive , Golgotha, Armagedon others you shood discovere your self, I gav eyou some good bands who's not so overated and sampels and mp3 are in some polish mp3 sites
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.11.2008 - 23:49
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.11.2008 at 17:51

Smurfkiller - Mercilles Death and Mentor for example thay are real old school DM bands those 3 are overated and not talanted at all I cant stand non of those bands
Okl some more bands Bloodlust , Imperator, Danger Drive , Golgotha, Armagedon others you shood discovere your self, I gav eyou some good bands who's not so overated and sampels and mp3 are in some polish mp3 sites

NOT TALENTED? ARE YOU DEAF? How can you say they aren't talented? Thats absolute bullshit. I can't see how can someone can say they aren't talented, the bands have exellent albums, excellent songs. All the instrumental skills of Decapitated, Vader, and Behemoth are pretty damn fucking impressive. Whether it's the guitars, drums (ecspecially behemoth on that part), and Vocals. And saying a Technical Death Band not talented is... beyond me.
07.11.2008 - 00:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.11.2008 at 23:49

NOT TALENTED? ARE YOU DEAF? How can you say they aren't talented? Thats absolute bullshit. I can't see how can someone can say they aren't talented, the bands have exellent albums, excellent songs. All the instrumental skills of Decapitated, Vader, and Behemoth are pretty damn fucking impressive. Whether it's the guitars, drums (ecspecially behemoth on that part), and Vocals. And saying a Technical Death Band not talented is... beyond me.

Ok maybe talanted thay are but overated too those 3 bands I trooly hate those bands we caan say thay are survivers , because those waht I mention was good bands too and Yngwie Malmsteen maybe are talante dguitar plyer but boaring(if you get what I wants ay whit that example)
----

apos;'
[image]
07.11.2008 - 00:16
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 07.11.2008 at 00:09

Written by Guest on 06.11.2008 at 23:49

Ok maybe talanted thay are but overated too those 3 bands I trooly hate those bands we caan say thay are survivers , because those waht I mention was good bands too and Yngwie Malmsteen maybe are talante dguitar plyer but boaring(if you get what I wants ay whit that example)

Alright, Now I'm ok. Once you said they aren't talented my head was about to explode, but now what ever. Your taste, Decapitated is one of my favorite Tech Death Bands ever. What genres are the bands you gave me? I'm at school right now so I can't go search for rapidshare links.
07.11.2008 - 00:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 07.11.2008 at 00:16

Alright, Now I'm ok. Once you said they aren't talented my head was about to explode, but now what ever. Your taste, Decapitated is one of my favorite Tech Death Bands ever. What genres are the bands you gave me? I'm at school right now so I can't go search for rapidshare links.

Those are old school death metal from early 90's moustly 1-2 album bands
Mentor and Merciless Death you can look in MA there home page and mp3.pl site whit mp3

Other bands I find those true some underground polish 90's metal site but it was werry hard and you shood know lil polish or other slavic
I do not know if I can find those band snow, but when this tread was opened I find and got mp3 but by by old PC whit mp3
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2009 - 20:27
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.11.2008 at 13:36

Written by Guest on 02.11.2008 at 19:26

How many polish death metal bands does it take too screw in a light bulb?...

Vader is Sweet.dont have any albums though..just a few songs off soulseek

There many polish DM bands what you can get in band home page or offival mp3 poland page , thats werry easy and smiple thats how I got moust underground DM bands from Poland and Vader, Decapitaed , behemot are moust overated bands from Poland

took a long time to reply. (no internet for a couple months)

..but thanks,i'll do that.
18.02.2009 - 12:06
Misanthrope
Trauma, Vader and Decapitated are the best polish DM bands IMO.
17.11.2009 - 14:17
JD
Account deleted
Vader, Decapitaed, Dies Irae the best 3 death metal bands in poland
21.03.2010 - 12:17
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
There are a lot of good Death Metal Bands from Poland But to list a few My Favorites are Behemoth,Decapitated,Hate and Vader
24.03.2010 - 17:01
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by Richard on 15.07.2006 at 19:29

Do you think there's something about DM bands from Poland which could be called a distinctive Polish sound? Like a lot of Swedish DM bands have a certain sound in common (Entombed, Dismember, Grave)... Maybe I'm imagining it, but is there something where we would listen to a band and say "ah, that sounds like Polish DM"? I'm not sure quite what it is, but there seems to be something which sets the sound of a lot of Polish bands apart from the US bands, even if there are US influences there's something of their own identity in there too.

I can tell you what it is... The number of studios whose sound engineers have a clue about producing extreme metal in Poland can be expressed in single digits. I'm not sure if there are more than five So any death metal band worth their salt will end up in one of these studios one no matter what.

Polish Death Metal... A short story from me:
It's 1991, I'm 18 years old and I'm totally into metal. I've just heard Metallica's black album and I'm completely appalled at how polished and commercial their sound has become. (I changed my mind about this album since then, but it's not the point here). One early autumn day I enter my favourite music store. I own basically every interesting album they have, but I really want to buy some new music! (Mind you, I had no CD player then, I bought cassettes). The shop assistant hands me a cassette. The logo looks bad I can't decipher the name of the band, but the title is readable: "Morbid Reich".
I was completely blown away by that demo tape. "Vicious Circle" and "Reign Carrion" still remain among my absolutely favourite songs, not only by Vader (if you haven't guessed the name of the band by now, you shouldn't be reading a thread about Polish death metal!), but by any band I've ever heard. Vader have travelled a long way since then, and I still love them a lot.

Vader IS Polish Death metal. Every other band, even as good as Behemoth, or Trauma, or Decapitated will always come second in my eyes.
When I get home I'll take a look at stuff and will post some interesing names that haven't been mentioned here.
24.07.2010 - 19:41
Javier_000
Vader and Behemoth are by far some of the most popular bands from this country. I belive.

I might give a try to the other ones that are being named in this thread.
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...
24.07.2010 - 20:20
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
With Behemoth being THE most popular death metal band from Poland ever. From "Zios Kia Cultus" through "Evangelion", they are growing with every release. Additionally, Nergal is marrying a very popular pop starlet, which got him to the front pages of all the tabloids in Poland. Her nickname is Doda and everyone in Poland knows her. Ergo, everyone in Poland knows Nergal now
Here's what she looks like, so fap away!

24.07.2010 - 21:59
neo_torment
Azarath kills ...

(ö,ö)
26.07.2010 - 01:23
neo_torment
Yattering is suggested for being featured in the MS-list ... Azarath memberz playing there, did'nt even know, though it's finest technical death metal; Azarath more straight ...
26.07.2010 - 10:16
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Try 2 bands that probably haven't been mentioned here:

DIVISION BY ZERO - progressive death metal with keyboards. Very good, clear production, growling and clean vocals. Very interesting.
Don't expect the brutality of Dying Foetus, expect very refined, ambitious and nonconventional music.
http://www.divisionbyzero.pl
http://www.myspace.com/divisionbyzeropl[/url]

UNDERDARK - more typical, albeit quite decent straightforward death metal. Arrangements tend to be a bit complicated, which makes the band stand out form a crowd of similar crews.
http://www.underdark.pl
The site has a few mp3s to download.

EDIT:

I found a few more that deserve attention. Some of the arem pure, unadulterated rabid death metal (MASACHIST), some are highly technical and complex (ESQARIAL), some are ambitious and experimental (NAUMACHIA, ROTENGEIST). LOST SOUL, I think, is well known, and ARMAGEDON is a lost gem that was reformed and released a good album last year.

ARMAGEDON
http://www.myspace.com/armagedonofficial
http://www.armagedon.net.pl/

ESQUARIAL
http://www.myspace.com/esqarial
http://www.esqarial.com/

MASACHIST
http://www.myspace.com/masachistband
http://www.masachist.pl

LOST SOUL
http://www.myspace.com/lostsoulofficial

NAUMACHIA
http://www.myspace.com/naumachia

ROTENGEIST
http://www.rotengeist.pl/
http://www.myspace.com/rotengeistband
26.07.2010 - 19:07
ForeverDarkWoods
I'm not that much into the polish scene at the moment. A lot of it seems very modern and shit. Are there any more underground old school polish death metal bands that I am missing?
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
26.07.2010 - 19:10
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
I've no idea what you know and what you don't, but Trauma is a good shot when you're looking for a more traditional take on death metal.
http://www.trauma.art.pl/index.php/en
26.07.2010 - 19:40
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Daniell on 26.07.2010 at 19:10

I've no idea what you know and what you don't, but Trauma is a good shot when you're looking for a more traditional take on death metal.
http://www.trauma.art.pl/index.php/en

Just checked out some of the samples. There's some decent riffing in there, and the 92 release sounds quite brutal for it's time, but the drum sound is very annoying on a lot of the samples.

Not sure if I'm gonna download this.

Does it get a bit slower and with the same murky sound (maybe with a doomier edge)? Would be nice if they spent more time with the heavy, murky part of their music and less time just being fast. The drums could also be less annoying.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
26.07.2010 - 20:22
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
I think you're looking for doom metal or death/doom, not death metal...
07.08.2010 - 15:48
Sangre Sani
Sceptic is a good polish death metal band with a female growl.
Check out the band Totem too.
20.06.2011 - 03:48
JD
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 24.07.2010 at 20:20

Nergal is marrying a very popular pop starlet, which got him to the front pages of all the tabloids in Poland. Her nickname is Doda and everyone in Poland knows her. Ergo, everyone in Poland knows Nergal now

I heard that he dumped her..
25.06.2011 - 22:39
Dööm
Not to intrude too much on the ongoing discussion, if there is any, but I'm curious about Decapitated. I've heard them mentioned a lot so far and thought about giving them a spin. I really like death metal like Behemoth, Nile, Immolation and Bloodbath and was wondering if Decapitated might also be interesting for me and which albums to start out with. Please, do comment.
26.06.2011 - 02:59
You can check the older albums. They are more in the vain of for example Vader and Behemoth.
Winds Of Creation and Nihility are my 2 favorites.