Metal Storm logo
Eyefear - Keyboardist Leaves, Replacement Announced

Original news, posted on 19.06.2009

The band posted the following on their MySpace:

"It is with great regret that our long time keyboard player Sammy Giaccotto has decided to leave Eyefear. We wish him all the best and thank him for his contribution. It's been an awesome ride !!!!!!
On the positive side we will be introducing our new keyboard player in the next few days."

Sammy's statement was posted as well, and reads as follows:

"Life is full of many decisions, and this was by far one of the most difficult I've had to make.

I have decided to leave Eyefear so I may concentrate more on music recording/production and less on live performance, etc. This is not to say that I wont be performing live any more, I'm sure that in the future I will submit to creativity and write and record a studio album to play live once or twice, this project may even include some Eyefear members, who knows!

I'd like to thank all those both here at home and overseas for supporting Eyefear and myself. All my family and friends, bands we've played shows with, both here and overseas, venues, promoters, industry people, media people, soundguys, etc. And of course, the fans and music lovers who go to gigs and support bands like Eyefear, you all rock! All those involved in helping the band in any way, thank you.

Thanks to Claus and Lars from Intromental management, for believing in Eyefear and doing all you can. Keep up the great work guys. Thanks to all the gang at Dockyard1.

A special thanks to the members of Eyefear, Danny, Con, Zain, Rob (ex-bass player) and Evan. I consider you all as family and wont forget the killer times we had both on and off stage! It's been a blast!

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

SammyG"

UPDATE (thanks to ArtiA)

Australian metallers Eyefear have issued the following update:

"We'd like to welcome the newest member of Eyefear - Seb Schneider.

We are extremely happy to have found someone that not only is he a great musician but will contribute to the writing process for the next album and just as important is a great guy. It really feels like a fresh start with both Seb and Evan now in the band and we are really looking forward to playing some great shows in the next few months and then of course begin writing the next album."

Seb's statement: "As the new keyboard player for Eyefear I feel extremley privileged to have been asked to come on board to replace the awesome sammy giaccotto whose previous work with the band has been phenominal and whose shoes will be challenging to fill.

But after many a rehearsal with the boys im sure we'll have a lot of fun and hopefully many more years to create the kind of music eyefear have been recognised for over the last decade. Personally i'm looking forward to bringing a fresh element to the band and can only hope that you guys out there won't be disappointed.

Hope to see you at the shows.

Seb (Schneider)"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Eyefear
Posted: 30.06.2009 by GT

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 28 users
19.06.2009 - 14:31
Eternal Flames

Shame to hear about this. He's such a performer on stage, and an utterly amazing musician himself.
30.06.2009 - 06:07
Symmachus

They got a new keyboardist in rather quickly. I hope Seb does well in the band.
01.07.2009 - 01:17
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Listened to The Unseen for the first time recently and I really like the keyboard work there, so hopefully Seb will be a worthy successor
----
loves 小巫

Hits total: 2695 | This month: 9