03. A Funeral For The Masses
04. Multiple Counts Of Murder
05. Obsessed With Homicide
06. Sadistic
07. Cannibal Gluttony
08. I Killed You
09. Heading Towards The Butchery
10. A Violent Scene Of Death

Well I guess we all know this band by now, so for natural humanity I guess we are all interested in how they sound right? I can picture many guys out there saying "Damn, Chris Barnes has a side project which represents a Six Feet Under worship? That has to be cool", now after that collective expression has been said and people checked the album called Swarn we can highlight 2 ramifications where the first half goes like this "oh dude, like?this is totally kicking and br00tall?*mom screams* shut up mom, I'll clean my room later let me groove to the Torture Killer beat"; then there's the second ramification who said "uhm, this album sucked, I want my precious time back", I found myself in the second division just so you know.

This band is ridiculously catchy that's for sure, but that's all they can offer, so after a couple of minutes you'll find yourself trapped in a nonstop rampage of nothing but catchy riffs and sticky beats, nothing more and nothing less. The Six Feet Under influence is noticeable in the most bizarre way. I was expecting something different because Chris Barnes is there to offer some "fresh" ideas, he did the exact opposite, he didn't change the structures of the songs to something a little more original, instead the band re-did every single riff from the album Maximum Violence and True Carnage.

The music is uninspired and inexperienced, the good production saves the band a little bit, in fact is the production that makes this album half decent to the ear. Now I'll have to be honest with all of you, the catchiness of this album will entertain many metal-heads all around, so if you are interested in this kind of riffs and if you really want to check this album so be it, chances are you'll dig at least one song and that fact will make you think it wasn't a horrid experience after all.

The end of the line is, if you are a Six Feet Under fanatic you'll love and worship this release, you'll probably sleep with it while having wet dreams about you meeting Chris Barnes in a sexshop with dark rooms for free. But if you don't really like the band or that described riffing style, just skip this album because you'll get bored as hell, you'll try to kill your little pet and finally you'll try to kill yourself, as you can see you are not missing anything important this time.

Written by Herzebeth | 23.04.2006

Comments

Comments: 14   Visited by: 85 users
16.07.2006 - 05:00
Rider Of Theli
Account deleted
killer tunes on this cd..Chris Barnes does it again !!
16.07.2006 - 05:08
Rating: 7
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Sometimes Barnes' vocals were right on, other times he sounded like an old man losing his voice.
18.08.2006 - 06:51
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
this album really sucks
20.08.2006 - 04:41
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I must definitely agree that this is a shitty album. The only track that was worth my time was 'Forever Dead', and this is because the song is on constant rotation on Music Choice Metal (TV station that plays metal). But I must say, the review was quite entertaining, and funny. This was my favorite part: "you'll probably sleep with it while having wet dreams about you meeting Chris Barnes in a sexshop with dark rooms for free". That absolutely cracked me up.
02.03.2007 - 07:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
appropriate score, and hes right about the catchy part, 'Cannibal Gluttony' and 'Funeral for the masses' were incredibly catchy, but it gets pretty boring after a while.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.03.2007 - 08:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think this album is better than what Six Feet Under is producing nowadays.

Sadistic is a badass song, but this album is pretty average.
03.03.2007 - 02:44
Stigmatized
Catchy, but it's the same catchy thing repeated over 10 songs.
30.03.2007 - 09:48
Mental_Orgasm
Account deleted
come on, its not that bad, though youre right it can be pretty boring after a while
16.04.2010 - 05:05
Rating: 8
I_Die_Often

It is the best thing Barnes has put out in years, and years since.
From what I've heard of other Torture Killer material, this is not their best.
Their newest one, Sewers, sounds better, from what's available on their Myspace.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
28.12.2010 - 16:55
Cryzpin

What a shitty review. Implying that likers of the album have wet dreams etc...wtf?
I don't listen to the SFU and this is hardly death metal, more like heavy metal with dm aesthetics, but still good album of its kind.
17.02.2012 - 04:22
Rating: 9
AtrumHiberna

Well i like the album but i definitely don't have any dreams about Chris Barnes. Actually I think he's one of the worst death metal vocalists and, also, I am so NOT a fan of SFU. I just like the album, nothing more nothing less.
----
This is my worship, this is my path...
15.09.2012 - 06:54
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
I dont know what everyone's bitchin' about, I think the album sounds fuckin' awesome... but then again I like it all.
15.09.2012 - 11:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by AtrumHiberna on 17.02.2012 at 04:22

Well i like the album but i definitely don't have any dreams about Chris Barnes.

I found it amusing that for most of the review, the reviewer was trying to come off as being high-brow, and clearly above liking something that is simplistic and catchy. Only to make himself look very foolish in his conclusion by spouting the sort of immature vulgarity more in line with the utterances of a childish 12 year old boy, rather then the high-brow reviewer he was trying to paint himself as earlier in the review.
21.09.2014 - 20:57
Rating: 8
Opethian

Amazing album from start to finish. A 6!? To each their own. Don't let the rating get to you. This is probably some of Chris Barnes best work since 'The Bleeding' and 'The Haunted'

Hits total: 4751 | This month: 11