Chopin3
Paganini2
Schumann0
Schubert0

Total votes: 61

The original post

Posted by Yossarian on 26.06.2009 at 21:50
Hi. I don't know why, but I love polls.

I have recently taken some classical music from my girlfriend hard disk, cos I have just classical in vinyls and the idea of creating a poll here came to my mind.

It is widely admitted that, despite the obvious great differences, metal is the music style more close to classical music as regards skill, complication and feeling, so many metalheads like classical and understand a lot about it, above all if you can play.

I have always been a huge fan of Classical after some Spanish heavy metal bands back in the 80's considered Beethoven -Barón Rojo- and Bach -Obús-, as the main influence for metal in their opinions... well that is open to discussion, since, if Jimi Hendrix would not have created or made popular the distortion, metal would not be so metallic and blues-rock was the most immediate trigger.

Nevertheless, coming back again to the topic. I know that some of you have not heard some of the ones in the list and some others like another composers not reflected. To begin with, I have not considered classical artists mostly working in opera and the like, so there is no Verdi, Wagner... Secondly, there can be only 9 choices, so I have not been able to put many that I like a lot such as Listz, Brahms, Tchaikovski or Debussy.
Besides, I have include "Mozart" for his importance, though I don't like him very much, since he abused of Mayor scales and chords and I prefer Minor Tones, since they evoke more feeling, sadness, mystery...metal.

Alright. To finish. I hope you will like this poll. I will put my choice in some days after revising Beethoven and Bach "discography". Both of them are my favourite ones alike. Hard to decide.

Page 3 of 3

Jaeryd17‍
Desert Mouse

07.09.2012 at 10:55
Mozart's Requiem is my favorite classical work of all time. I still love Bach, Chopin, Beethoven, and all the rest. But I had to go with Mozart.
----
"It is not your sin—it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!

Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the frenzy with which ye should be inoculated?"

Nosurper
Stinky Lips

27.09.2012 at 05:55
Dimitri Shostakovich
----
Nosurper
Stinky Lips

27.09.2012 at 05:57
Also check out Max Richter if you're into classical. Beautiful music.
----
nana.MD
Star-Queen

02.10.2012 at 19:53
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is the best composer...I love his songs and for me there's no one better than him...Requiem is a masterpiece, I just love him.
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
Wraith000

28.12.2012 at 16:56
Hey guys i'm making a list of metal covers of classical music thought it fit the topic so posted here
http://www.metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=2699
----
\m/ - - \m/
john_mcc

05.01.2013 at 21:05
Sergei Prokofiev.

I am surprised at the lack of Russians in the poll considering that this is a Metal forum.
Ilahiya Khinzir
Account deleted
  05.01.2013 at 22:03
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.

I would say his music is more well known than Mozart and Beethoven togheter.
Gurth Bennas

05.01.2013 at 22:38
The spirit that beethoven's songs have, makes me crazy! if you concentrate well on his music then you'll find out what am I sayin. none of the other composers have that thing!
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
Yossarian

11.01.2013 at 17:47
Written by Guest on 05.01.2013 at 22:03

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.

I would say his music is more well known than Mozart and Beethoven togheter.

He is quite famous and great indeed. However your statement is as saying that, for instance, Metallica songs are more well known than ac/dc and guns and roses songs together.

Cheers
Yossarian

11.01.2013 at 17:50
Come on. No votes yet for Schumann and Schubert. Have u listened to them?. If not, give them a try. They're great.

I really thought that the leaders will be Bach and Beethoven, so I am quite surprised about Mozart in the 3rd place since he made mainly compositions in mayor scales and not in minor ones -and Metal makes mainly minor-.

Cheers

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Login or register to post here.