Metal Storm logo
Which gig would you attend if you had one day to live

26.06.2009 - 22:23
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
If i had a chance to attend one last gig before i pass away i would have to choose between Iron Maiden or Pink Floyd, a perfect way to get prepared to burn in hell for eternity where all us headbangers are headed to
26.06.2009 - 22:35
Nimlot
A. Reader
I want to see Eric Clapton or Tommy Emmanuel but if I had to choose a metal band it would be Iced Earth, that's the band at the top of my list since I've seen the bands that are above them.
26.06.2009 - 22:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hmmm... probably Judas Priest with Iced Earth and Saxon opening. i know Iced Earth even opened for JP last year, you can imagine my frustration
26.06.2009 - 23:15
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
If I could get the Misfits to re-unite with Danzig on vocals then it would absolutely be them. I've seen Metallica and Slayer which were the two bands I had to see before I died so don't really know, maybe Rob Zombie or Motorhead (who I might be seeing at the end of the year, hope this doesn't seel my fate).
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
27.06.2009 - 00:53
Zuzuz0r

Written by Powerslavex on 26.06.2009 at 22:23

If i had a chance to attend one last gig before i pass away i would have to choose between Iron Maiden or Pink Floyd, a perfect way to get prepared to burn in hell for eternity where all us headbangers are headed to

If they don't die before you die, lol.

Well, I'd also love to see Pink Floyd, but like I've said before, I don't know if they'll die before I die, so well, I'd like to see Edge of Sanity if they ever get together again, or at least Dan Swanö playing EoS songs with some other musicians, Pain of Salvation is another one, Ayreon, Porcupine Tree, Disillusion playing Back to Times of Splendor, Orphaned Land and Blind Guardian, maybe I'm forgetting other bands, but those are the ones who come to my mind right now, maybe a festival with all those, lol.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
27.06.2009 - 01:19
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by Zuzuz0r on 27.06.2009 at 00:53

If they don't die before you die, lol.

Well, I'd also love to see Pink Floyd, but like I've said before, I don't know if they'll die before I die, so well, I'd like to see Edge of Sanity if they ever get together again, or at least Dan Swanö playing EoS songs with some other musicians, Pain of Salvation is another one, Ayreon, Porcupine Tree, Disillusion playing Back to Times of Splendor, Orphaned Land and Blind Guardian, maybe I'm forgetting other bands, but those are the ones who come to my mind right now, maybe a festival with all those, lol.

I hope not!
27.06.2009 - 01:35
Janne
Hugin
I'd wish I could see again the first Paganfest tour.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
27.06.2009 - 01:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Non because its be werry hartd to choose, and I prefere drink and eat as much as possible, some deliocius and aristocratik foods, well those who has dead penalty can choose meal., so I dunno if I would go to concert, why I shood because I know I die, but ebst weay is if you dont go, just go to gig and die happy after
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.06.2009 - 03:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

a perfect way to get prepared to burn in hell for eternity where all us headbangers are headed to

I'm a good person though...I think. I don't plan on going to hell....

Anyways...one gig? Either go see the metal masters tour again (Testament, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Heaven & Hell), or two shows I heard about in the past, one being Motorhead with 3 Inches Of Blood opening, and the other Motorhead with High On Fire opening....or is this whole scenario supposed to be like...a fantasy line-up gig type thing?

Perhaps a festival would be better, that way I could have an extra day or two?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.06.2009 - 04:31
Derwood

The two bands I really want to see that I haven't yet before one of us dies are Iron Maiden and Slayer. These are two bands whose live performances are legendary and whose music is woven into the last 25+ years of my personal history. There aren't many songs from either of them that don't have a memory attached to them. AC/DC would be right up there as well.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
27.06.2009 - 07:31
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Derwood on 27.06.2009 at 04:31

The two bands I really want to see that I haven't yet before one of us dies are Iron Maiden and Slayer. These are two bands whose live performances are legendary and whose music is woven into the last 25+ years of my personal history. There aren't many songs from either of them that don't have a memory attached to them. AC/DC would be right up there as well.

Wow, you haven't seen Slayer or I. Maiden live yet? I'm not making fun, don't get me wrong, it's just that (considering your info here is right), being from Canada, and with your age I would assume you had seen them already. I saw Slayer when they came here, amazing! but I didn't go to either of the 2 shows Iron Maiden had here.

Anyway, for me it's really hard to choose. This year I got the chance to see Amon Amarth when they came here, but there's still too many bands I'd like to see on stage. I'd have to choose some sort of festival and not just one band, haha. So many bands... and some that I know I won't be able to see 'cause they disbanded already, like Nocte Obducta
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
27.06.2009 - 10:30
Fat & Sassy!

I wanna be promised the most VARIED, raw, face-melting, metal festival with Maiden, Priest, Pain of Salvation, 80's era Metallica, Running Wild (Not a huge fan, but we need pirates!), Faith No More, Lacrimosa (with a symphony), Angra, Graveworm, Arcturus, and Secret Chiefs 3. Les Claypool and Primus will host it. Ok... now that I'm promised that... I want it to be canceled right when I get there. Now that I know what real pain actually feels like...

Frank Zappa will descend from the heavens... As he is descending playing Watermelon in Easter Hay (for dramatic effect of course), my dream Zappa band will come on stage:

Terry Bozzio on drums
Ian Underwood on Keys
Ruth Underwood on percussion
Don "Sugarcane" Harris on violin
Napoleon Murphy Brock on vocals and sax
Ike Willis on rythem guitar and vocals
Patrick O'Hearn on bass
Adrian Belew on vocals and rhythm guitar
Steve Vai on stunt guitar
And of course, Frank Zappa on lead guitar and vocals

First they will cover Fear of the Dark for shits and giggles, and then play my personal dream set list.

>:[
27.06.2009 - 10:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.06.2009 at 10:30

I wanna be promised the most VARIED, raw, face-melting, metal festival with Maiden, Priest, Pain of Salvation, 80's era Metallica, Running Wild (Not a huge fan, but we need pirates!)

lol it's ironic that just as i entered this thread Running Wild - Black Soul started playing, good shit right there.
27.06.2009 - 10:36
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Valentin B on 27.06.2009 at 10:34

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 27.06.2009 at 10:30

I wanna be promised the most VARIED, raw, face-melting, metal festival with Maiden, Priest, Pain of Salvation, 80's era Metallica, Running Wild (Not a huge fan, but we need pirates!)

lol it's ironic that just as i entered this thread Running Wild - Black Soul started playing, good shit right there.

Yeah... I totally knew that when I typed it... I told you I'm a fucking god.

You're welcome. >:[
27.06.2009 - 10:57
Elio
Red Nightmare
Probably a festival-like concert during the whol day including Opeth, Moonsorrow, Slayer and so on.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.06.2009 - 14:56
Jan Destiny

I would like to see Blind Guardian with Dalriada opening. In my hometown
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
27.06.2009 - 21:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Corrosion of Conformity opened up for Motorhead and Judas Priest about five years ago (can't remember if it was before or after Angel of Retribution was released), but I missed it because of a combination of school, work, and not having money.

So, if that tour happened again that would be my answer.
27.06.2009 - 22:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 27.06.2009 at 21:51

Corrosion of Conformity opened up for Motorhead and Judas Priest about five years ago (can't remember if it was before or after Angel of Retribution was released), but I missed it because of a combination of school, work, and not having money.

So, if that tour happened again that would be my answer.

if it was 5 years ago, it was with Halford 1 year before Angel of Retribution on the reunion tour, great stuff.
28.06.2009 - 07:28
Derwood

Written by tulkas on 27.06.2009 at 07:31

Wow, you haven't seen Slayer or I. Maiden live yet? I'm not making fun, don't get me wrong, it's just that (considering your info here is right), being from Canada, and with your age I would assume you had seen them already. I saw Slayer when they came here, amazing! but I didn't go to either of the 2 shows Iron Maiden had here.

The city I'm nearest to that gets big shows is Vancouver, but getting there and a hotel room adds a couple hundred bucks to the cost of attending concerts and I've got a family to think of, so I've missed a lot of shows that I would have loved to have gone to. Hell, Slayer and Megadeth were in Vancouver a couple days ago, but it just wasn't in the budget (or time off work...) I'm not bitching, it's just the facts of life. With any luck, I'll catch them next time.

I've been to quite a few concerts over the years - Judas Priest on the Painkiller tour with Megadeth and Testament, and Amon Amarth last year with Ensiferum, Belphegor and The Absence being among the best metal ones. I also saw The Who twice, U2 on the Joshuah Tree tour, Van Halen, REM and a few others.

But yeah, Maiden and Slayer before I croak would be nice.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
28.06.2009 - 07:35
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Derwood on 28.06.2009 at 07:28

The city I'm nearest to that gets big shows is Vancouver, but getting there and a hotel room adds a couple hundred bucks to the cost of attending concerts and I've got a family to think of, so I've missed a lot of shows that I would have loved to have gone to. Hell, Slayer and Megadeth were in Vancouver a couple days ago, but it just wasn't in the budget (or time off work...) I'm not bitching, it's just the facts of life. With any luck, I'll catch them next time.

I've been to quite a few concerts over the years - Judas Priest on the Painkiller tour with Megadeth and Testament, and Amon Amarth last year with Ensiferum, Belphegor and The Absence being among the best metal ones. I also saw The Who twice, U2 on the Joshuah Tree tour, Van Halen, REM and a few others.

But yeah, Maiden and Slayer before I croak would be nice.

Yeh, having family and real life responsibilities really takes time, money, and lots of fun. Still, I envy you for having seen The Who, I'm sure that must've been great. Stuff like that are my regrets for being my age and not older, aand from somewhere else. I'm sure having had the opportunity to have seen The Who, The Beatles, Queen, and many many more right when they were at it's best has to be some of the best things one could've experienced. Pity.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
29.06.2009 - 03:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jan Destiny on 27.06.2009 at 14:56

I would like to see Blind Guardian with Dalriada opening. In my hometown

I doubt it ever hepen man, nah if its last gig before die, why not invite band like funeral band in funeral procceesion , it would be nice ''imaginations from the otherside'' ''journey true the dark'' ''run for the night'', lol typical songs for soul journey to afterlife
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.06.2009 - 10:02
Eeric
Account deleted
MERCENARY
30.06.2009 - 13:14
Black Mass

Faith No More, Gojira, Slayer and Bon Iver (I know they're not metal but I had to add them in!)
30.06.2009 - 13:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Damn i also forgot slayer, iron maiden and ac/dc, i need to see them before i kick the bucket, so many bands and so little time left in which i can see them perform
30.06.2009 - 14:06
Black Mass

Written by Valentin B on 30.06.2009 at 13:45

Damn i also forgot slayer, iron maiden and ac/dc, i need to see them before i kick the bucket, so many bands and so little time left in which i can see them perform

Seen them
01.07.2009 - 00:07
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Black Mass on 30.06.2009 at 13:14

Faith No More

Yeah! Unfortunately, they are a band that my generation wasn't old enough to really understand and grow up with... but they are back together!

iron maiden

You let me down, Val. What kind of metal fan... hasn't seen them live? No excuses, Mr.!
01.07.2009 - 11:06
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.07.2009 at 00:07

Faith No More

Yeah! Unfortunately, they are a band that my generation wasn't old enough to really understand and grow up with... but they are back together!

iron maiden

You let me down, Val. What kind of metal fan... hasn't seen them live? No excuses, Mr.!

i've been listening to metal for about 8 years and i have never seen a live performance, poor me
01.07.2009 - 14:19
Black Mass

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 01.07.2009 at 00:07

Faith No More

They certainly are back together, saw them twice in June
14.07.2009 - 15:52
HarmonyCorruptio

Probably Carcass again. Either that or Beherit or Reverend Bizarre.
14.07.2009 - 19:19
Andresopeth

Opeth without doubts