Metal Storm logo
Which gig would you attend if you had one day to live

Original post

Posted by Powerslavex, 26.06.2009 - 22:23
If i had a chance to attend one last gig before i pass away i would have to choose between Iron Maiden or Pink Floyd, a perfect way to get prepared to burn in hell for eternity where all us headbangers are headed to
14.07.2009 - 21:23
BuzzPhil
Sonata Arctica
14.07.2009 - 23:19
Tank
Testament for me! Finally getting to see them in a couple of weeks too! YAY
14.07.2009 - 23:23
VENOM and they could play lots of songs about hell and satan too
15.07.2009 - 01:14
Warman
Erotic Stains
Without doubt "An evening with Dream Theater". That way I would get my favourite music for hours.
----
15.07.2009 - 09:17
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Emperor.
----
16.07.2009 - 23:41
Piro
I would go to an all day death metal festival and start the largest and deadliest moshpit ever.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
17.07.2009 - 00:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Summoning, if they'd ever make some gig

otherwise probably Moonsorrow
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.07.2009 - 01:00
Ragana
Rawrcat
Unlike others I probably would choose some good DJ who would put on trance music and I'd dance all night till heart attack or something.

If talking about metal bands... it would be Moonspell, most likely. I know all their songs. ^^
17.07.2009 - 11:51
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
An evening with Rush
----
rekt
17.07.2009 - 12:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
It would be either Dream Theater, Riverside or Opeth I'm afraid.

I guess I would have to make a deadly choice.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.07.2009 - 23:17
Saitenhexerin
Iron Maiden...but since I've seen them... Pantera with Dimebag!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
20.07.2009 - 23:34
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Saitenhexerin on 20.07.2009 at 23:17

Pantera with Dimebag!

I've got a feeling that'll never happen... Maybe you'll get to see that when you ascend/descend to the afterlife.
20.07.2009 - 23:41
Saitenhexerin
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 20.07.2009 at 23:34

I've got a feeling that'll never happen... Maybe you'll get to see that when you ascend/descend to the afterlife.

Who knows?
But yeah that'd be my wish! Pantera are just awesome!
----
20.07.2009 - 23:45
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Saitenhexerin on 20.07.2009 at 23:41

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 20.07.2009 at 23:34

Who knows?
But yeah that'd be my wish! Pantera are just awesome!

I don't support Necromancy.

Also, I've never been THAT big of a Pantera fan. I really think that they had something going with Cowboys From Hell, though... even if a lot of music on the album borrowed a lot from other band's styles. I didn't like how they progressively got more into that whole "metal-badass" attitude after that album. :/
21.07.2009 - 03:01
VampyJess
OMG Emilie Autumns new gig in Chicago, i would die to be able to go there!!! It will be so amazzzzzzin!!!25th July!!! I wish i could go!!
21.07.2009 - 03:11
Biedrik
I'd definitely see Blind Guardian. They were my first metal band, and I missed seeing them back in 2006. They're the only of my five favorite bands that I haven't seen yet. Simply, I refuse to die until I see these guys.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
21.07.2009 - 04:15
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I think I would have to see weither Akercocke again cos they were the best band I have ever seen live, or Necrophagist, cos I'm a huge fan, I would die happy after seeing them live
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
21.07.2009 - 10:35
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Biedrik on 21.07.2009 at 03:11

I'd definitely see Blind Guardian. They were my first metal band, and I missed seeing them back in 2006. They're the only of my five favorite bands that I haven't seen yet. Simply, I refuse to die until I see these guys.

Their shows remind me of Maiden shows. EVERYONE sings along with not only the lyrics, but the melodies too.
21.07.2009 - 20:19
Biedrik
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 21.07.2009 at 10:35

Written by Biedrik on 21.07.2009 at 03:11

Their shows remind me of Maiden shows. EVERYONE sings along with not only the lyrics, but the melodies too.

Truly, a show to die to.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
23.07.2009 - 00:53
Galar
Wicked Mung
Windir opening up for Death. Enough said.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
23.07.2009 - 06:11
Warlock84
Oh man... the best festival day ever...

Headlining: Black Sabbath (cause I love the old school). Openers in no significance: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Suidakra, Nile, Opeth, Iced Earth, Into Eternity, In Flames, Symphony X, Black Label Society, The Haunted, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, Blood Red Throne, Eluveitie, Amon Amarth, Kataklysm, Fragments Of Unbecoming, Quo Vadis, and if I could bring back the dead I would love to see Pantera again... a metal head can dream right???
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
23.07.2009 - 10:20
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Rhapsody Of Fire of course, or maybe Opeth again, if I'm going to die it would be great to end on the epic way or the charismatic one (by mr. Mikael Akerfeldt haha).
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
24.07.2009 - 21:38
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
HIM, with no doubt. For the reason they have been my favourite band for almost a decade now and I'm still waiting to get my chance to see them live. And preferably playing a lot of songs from Greatest Lovesongs Vol.666 and Razorblade Romance, because those were the albums that made me fall for them and their music.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
24.07.2009 - 23:18
If Venom, Infernal Majesty and Destruction could only play together...
That would be an ace gig
Otherwise I'd say Angra but it would have to be with Andre Matos (:
25.07.2009 - 00:11
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Some kind of progressive metal festival where older obscure bands that have broken up and shit come back together for one night only or something...
25.07.2009 - 09:12
Throne Dweller
Limbonic art.
25.07.2009 - 23:49
Saitenhexerin
Written by Warlock84 on 23.07.2009 at 06:11

Oh man... the best festival day ever...

Headlining: Black Sabbath (cause I love the old school). Openers in no significance: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Suidakra, Nile, Opeth, Iced Earth, Into Eternity, In Flames, Symphony X, Black Label Society, The Haunted, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, Blood Red Throne, Eluveitie, Amon Amarth, Kataklysm, Fragments Of Unbecoming, Quo Vadis, and if I could bring back the dead I would love to see Pantera again... a metal head can dream right???

Oh...this sounds cool! But I don't think one day will be enough for that
Anyway, great list!
----
11.08.2009 - 19:59
Razorback
Immortal,because after i saw Abbath 'dancing'on the stage i would die with big smile on my face
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
12.08.2009 - 16:38
TheBigRossowski
Probably Warning just to feel the sorrow pouring out of my body as I drop dead. As I imagine it, they'd play all of ''Watching from a Distance'' and then I'd drop dead.

In case you're unfamiliar with Warning and happen to be familiar with Harry Potter, it's something like this: Remember the third movie where Harry and Sirius are in the woods? A god damn 100 Dementors are flying around sucking their souls out? Yeah... it's like that... except the future Harry doesn't come and save you with a Patronus.

''And when I see you smile I know there's something stronger yet
Than any dream I ever placed at someone's feet''
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
15.08.2009 - 00:48
Urizen367
One day? fuck. i would like to see Bruce Dickinson, Hypocrisy, Ensiferum, and Wintersun. cause they are my favorites, and i have yet to see them play live. however hypocrisy and ensiferum may be possible if those fuckers tour thisaways later on in the year.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.