04. Hysteria
05. Starifié
06. Criminel legal
07. Le Jour Du Saigneur
08. Virus
09. The Patriot
10. Perversion
11. In your nose II

It's funny sometime to come back to the world of the underground and listen to totally amateurish albums. "Le Jour Du Saigneur" is a real homemade album and despite is really average production (from the cover to the sound) there is however some good promising things in this release? Let's talk about the whole album now!

The music of Krass-T is Grind but with strong classic Death influences and even Hardcore ones. This is fast, aggressive and the voice sounds like the one a good old disgorged pig! This is well done, the riffs are not bad at all and we have good ideas and a lot of transitions between all those genres which are really well done. Its works, this is not perfect but the songs are catchy nonetheless and just maybe a bit too classic to clearly kick our asses. Though at least for a first full length album, Krass-T proves that they can do this kind of music, they're not innovative or original but they do it well which is already good for them of course. Though unfortunately the production doesn't help a lot the album?

The main problem of the album is that the production is clearly average? The cover is maybe in the vein of the old school Death releases but it's ridiculous and won't attract a lot of people (sorry guys). The recording is soso, not terrible but could be better because some songs are not really audible. On the other hand, even if the guys are not the masters of Death, they're not bad players? You know it's just a matter of financial means and experience I think. With time, Krass-T should become more famous and maybe find some fans in the scene?

"Le Jour Du Saigneur" is a typical self-released album which means that it features good things (some surprises for a young new band) like bad ones (when you're a newcomer, it's really rare that you release the perfect album at first? you see what I mean?). "Le Jour Du Saigneur" is not particularly bad but it suffers of some "youth" mistakes but I'm sure that the band can do something good, this first try is maybe not perfect but clearly not bad. Time will tell!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 5

Written by Jeff | 26.06.2009

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 23 users
26.06.2009 - 23:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'm not into grind/death metal so i won't comment on the music but i agree the cover is pretty cheesy and uninspired... looks like they made it in 5 minutes or something

Hits total: 3106 | This month: 11