Metal Storm logo
Diablo Swing Orchestra - New Album Details Revealed, Song Online

Original news, posted on 01.07.2009

Ascendance Records press release

Here's the cover art for the upcoming Diablo Swing Orchestra album "Sing-Along Songs For The Damned And Delirious", out in Europe on the 21st September. It was made by the acclaimed Swedish illustrator Peter Bergting, most notable for his work with the graphic novel Gängkrig which is a #1 bestseller in Sweden right now.

The album will come in two editions for the stores. The "normal" edition will be a 4-panel digipac containing the CD and a 12 page booklet and a "special" edition, limited to just 2000 copies, in a gorgeous 8 panel digipac containing the CD, a 12 page booklet and a Bonus DVD featuring all sorts of goodies like live footage, behind the scenes, photo albums and whatever else can be crammed in!

A "very special" edition will be available directly from Ascendance by mail order only, with an individually numbered band logo Dog Tag pendant, a set of postcards and a vinyl sticker included with the CD/DVD version. This will be stricly limited to 300 copies and details for pre-order will be on the Ascendance Myspace soon.

Having now heard the full album we can assure you that old fans of the band will not be disappointed at all. It's got all the elements that made "The Butcher's Ballroom" such a success, but they've also built on those themes and taken the sound to new and uncharted territory. In short: You're going to love it!

As previously announced the band will be playing a launch party show in London on October 2nd at the Purple Turtle, Camden. The venue has a limited capacity and tickets are selling fast! I know it seems a long time away but I suggest you get your tickets sooner rather than later to avoid potential disappointment.

Tickets are available in advance from Seetickets. Alternatively you can avoid postage costs and booking fees by buying directly from us at this location. We won't be issuing physical tickets, but we'll keep your name(s) at the door for when you arrive.

UPDATED, on 08.07.2009

A preview track from Diablo Swing Orchestra, called "A Tapdancer's Dilema", is now available for streaming on the band's MySpace page. The song comes from the bands' new album, "Sing-Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious", to be released on 21st September 2009.

UPDATE

Diablo Swing Orchestra have announced the tracklist and complete cover artwork for their upcoming album "Sing-Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious".

01. A Tapdancer's Dilemma
02. A Rancid Romance
03. Lucy Fears The Morning Star
04. Bedlam Sticks
05. New World Widows
06. Siberian Love Affairs
07. Vodka Inferno
08. Memoirs Of A Roadkill
09. Ricerca Dell'anima
10. Stratosphere Serenade

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Diablo Swing Orchestra
Posted: 17.08.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 46   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 255 users
09.07.2009 - 09:57
Uller

Wooow !!! cant wait for the album!!!

....still thinking in fallout 3
----
09.07.2009 - 17:14
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Wow I thought I would be disappointed, but this song is better than anything on their first album O.O
----
09.07.2009 - 20:25
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
This new song sounds really good. I'm looking forward to listen to the whole new album.
10.07.2009 - 17:50
silenius

Love the cover and the new song made me ejaculate:D, My all time favorit band without a doubt
11.07.2009 - 14:00
Graveheart

Written by 4look4rd on 09.07.2009 at 17:14

Wow I thought I would be disappointed, but this song is better than anything on their first album O.O

I still think Infralove is better, but other than that I totally agree with what you're saying here. This album simply won't fail with a song like this even if it turns out to be the best song on it.
12.07.2009 - 00:02
Lupas
Maximus
The cover art remember me of a child bed time story or a book I really wish that their sound will be similar to their amazing debut album.
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
17.08.2009 - 20:25
Classic Bob G

I'm very excited for this, the new song is just got some heavy creepy groove to it that makes you want to dance and mosh at the same time. Or something along those lines.

I can't wait to hear the rest of this!
17.08.2009 - 20:55
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I'm falling in love with the song. It's so fucking awesome and funny to listen.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.08.2009 - 00:35
Enissa

The tracklist is.....so delirious!!!
18.08.2009 - 03:50
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh great, the tracklist seems nice
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
18.08.2009 - 03:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Sounds a little more guitar oriented this time around...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.08.2009 - 13:25
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Not satisfied with the new song. No freshness, which is the only thing which can make the new album rock. A Tap Dancer's Dilemma reminds me too much of the previous album (which I loved), but it lack some individuality.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
19.08.2009 - 00:56
Fat & Sassy!

The male vocals in the new song remind me Les Claypool (Primus). The music also has that circus-type sound that Les is known for.
19.08.2009 - 05:54
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by K✞ulu on 18.08.2009 at 13:25

Not satisfied with the new song. No freshness, which is the only thing which can make the new album rock. A Tap Dancer's Dilemma reminds me too much of the previous album (which I loved), but it lack some sort of individuality.

Okay I was wondering if anyone thought the same! I actually checked the player to make sure I was playing the new song, because honestly I thought it was something from a previous disc/unreleased track. But I'm still hopeful about the rest of the tracks
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
19.08.2009 - 08:44
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Jason W. on 19.08.2009 at 05:54

Written by K✞ulu on 18.08.2009 at 13:25

Not satisfied with the new song. No freshness, which is the only thing which can make the new album rock. A Tap Dancer's Dilemma reminds me too much of the previous album (which I loved), but it lack some sort of individuality.

Okay I was wondering if anyone thought the same! I actually checked the player to make sure I was playing the new song, because honestly I thought it was something from a previous disc/unreleased track. But I'm still hopeful about the rest of the tracks

Geez... It's only their second album... Why is everyone complaining about it sounding similar their first album? More of the same is fine with me in their case. Besides, this has got to be balls-out AMAZING to top their debut album.
14.09.2009 - 11:20
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
The new album is being streaming online at http://www.heavylaw.com/ rigth now, it was for 24 hours but as it was posted yesterday on DSO myspace ( http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=86177545&blogId=510043217 ) I guess it will be online for a couple of hours more or something
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences

Hits total: 9494 | This month: 5