Metal Storm logo
Kingcrow - New Album Details

Kingcrow are proud to announce the title and the provisional tracklist of the new album "Phlegethon". Release date is scheduled for the next autumn, but no further official information is yet available.

"Phlegethon" tracklist:

01. The Slide
02. Timeshift Box
03. Islands
04. The Great Silence
05. Lullaby For An Innocent
06. Evasion
07. Numb (Incipit, Climax & Coda)
08. Washing Out Memories
09. A New Life
10. Lovocaine
11. Fading Out Pt. III
12. Phlegethon

Commented Kingcrow guitarist Diego Cafolla: "Here we are, 9 months later, after a long and tough working session in our "Sound Under Pressure Studio" it is time to spend a few words about the new forthcoming Kingcrow's album.

I feel the whole album sounds darker than "Timetropia"; we experienced a lot of new solutions and sounds that we have never used before and a strong progressive attitude as well.

We decided to record with several heads and guitars, a number of basses, percussions and a lot of synth sounds in order to have a considerable sound assortment.

The new songs collection is quite complex. Two are about 9 minutes length, one very experimental and the other one instrumental (some of you have already listened to it during the previous Timetropia tour dates); some are softer and more atmospheric; others definitely heavier, probably our heaviest songs of all time.

Talking about production this time we adopted a different way to handle it. We worked at every song from beginning to end before proceeding to the next one. The aim was to feel each song, keeping the right mood all the way through.

We are all very excited cause we do feel our new album both as a milestone and as a springboard for the band. Not only for the exceptional results of our effort but also and especially because of our new special team: our new singer, our new synth and keyboard-player and our new production staff.

It is thanks to the great commitment of that extraordinary people that "Phlegethon" was born."

Here is a short teaser video online for the forthcoming new Kingcrow studio album "Phlegethon".

Source: kingcrow.it
Posted: 04.07.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 13 users
05.07.2009 - 21:35
Symmachus

This seems like an interesting album. I enjoy progressive metal music, and this band seems like something I'd want to listen to. By the way, I love the album title.

Hits total: 2360 | This month: 3