05. 99 Ways To Die
06. Paranoid [Black Sabbath cover]
07. Diadems
08. Problems [Sex Pistols cover]
09. A Tout Le Monde [Japanese bonus]
10. Symphony Of Destruction [demo] [Japanese bonus]
11. Architecture Of Aggression [demo] [Japanese bonus]
12. New World Order [demo] [Japanese bonus]

Hidden Treasure is the title of this small album of 8 tracks, 29 and a half minutes short. The title is self-explanatory because the hidden treasures it contains are all original soundtracks from movies, tribute songs or previously unreleased tracks. For very few people this album was available included as bonus cd on the 'Youthanasia' album, if I'm not mistaken for 6666 people in whole Europe.

A real 'nice' track to start off with is 'No More Mr. Nice Guy', a cover the famous Alice Cooper song, which I like better than the original because of the very suiting heavy riffs on it.
Song number two 'Breakpoint' from the 'Super Mario Bros' soundtrack is good, too.
Number three 'Go to hell' from 'Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey falls off, a bit too static and boring. Great is track number four from 'Last Action Hero' called 'Angry Again', a feeling extraordinarily emphasized by the voice of Dave Mustaine that really suits Arnold Schwarzenegger's moods (if you've seen that movie, too!). '99 Ways To Die' is from 'The Beavis And Butthead Experience', it's good but not the best, though it might have fitted on Youthanasia, too? anyway it has interesting acoustic licks in it. A real highlight is 'Paranoid' yet another cover song and a real odd one, from the 'Nativity In Black - A Tribute To Black Sabbath' album, way too cool for the likes of me, just felt like saying this because once again I find this better than the original. 'Diadems', a track from 'Tales From The Crypt Presents The Demon Knight', I don't like it too much, it feels like it gets stuck somehow when changing from the low tempo to the up tempo part, something gets really lost there.
The last track 'Problems' is a previosly unreleased one, but it's good that with Megadeth this case has been opened and released. It is a cover from the Sexpistols, I don't know the original, but I bet it does not sound like this!

To have or not to have, this is the question. If you got a problem, the problem is you!

Reviewed by Iron Markus

Written by Pierre Tombale | 15.12.2003

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 78 users
17.07.2006 - 17:03
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Go to Hell! Metallica have ripped it straight of, with that "pray the lord" thing! I hate them... go to hell Metallica!
18.07.2006 - 14:00
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Sry, good review ^^
24.06.2008 - 03:05
megamegadethfan
Account deleted
Nice cd with songs hard to find usually like "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and "Go to Hell" which isnt on any of their other albums. I like it!! Scratch that, I Love it!!
24.06.2008 - 12:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Spyroid on 17.07.2006 at 17:03

Go to Hell! Metallica have ripped it straight of, with that "pray the lord" thing! I hate them... go to hell Metallica!

I love it when people say this. Because they can't prove who ripped who off. It might as well have been Megadeth ripping Metallica off, since Enter Sandman was already recorded in 1990 (although the album was released in 1991) and Go To Hell in 1991. But then again that "pray the lord" part is a very common nursery rhyme. So it might as well have been an unlucky coincidence that both bands used it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.06.2008 - 17:33
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.06.2008 at 12:40

Written by Spyroid on 17.07.2006 at 17:03

I love it when people say this. Because they can't prove who ripped who off. It might as well have been Megadeth ripping Metallica off, since Enter Sandman was already recorded in 1990 (although the album was released in 1991) and Go To Hell in 1991. But then again that "pray the lord" part is a very common nursery rhyme. So it might as well have been an unlucky coincidence that both bands used it.

I prefer to believe Megadeth was first with it My post was 2 yers old, geez... I'm not as hateful about Metallica now as I was back then
27.01.2012 - 01:04
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Angry Again and 99 Ways to Die are the songs I like the most on this release

Hits total: 7482 | This month: 6