Metal Storm logo
DC++

17.07.2006 - 19:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast
so,since there's a soulseek thread as well as an afs,there has to be a dc++ topic.so,do what you do on the other similar threads
18.07.2006 - 15:30
ylside
Staff
Why don't you tell us the hubs you use and try to expand the discussion about DC++ ?
18.07.2006 - 16:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well,i don't actually use foreign hubs,but for everyone else or who is interested in finding me i'm on dc.czone.ro,engima.evolva.ro,dc.netmaster.ro
and just now i've added the extreme.dvd-club.cz:5555 hub in my favorites list,see ya there!
18.07.2006 - 17:39
Damnated
Churchburner
I could never figure out DC. I tried about 10 times. That's why I use Soulseek, instead.

@cursed did you hear it on the news, that some guys were arrested for using DC ? It was in Iasi.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.07.2006 - 21:10
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol soulseek is almost exactly like dc++.i haven't heard about it,but to get arrested because of this program is (a bit) too stupid...it could've happened only in moldova
if you want me to tell you about dc,see ya on soulseek
18.07.2006 - 21:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
also i heard (from the grapevine,lol) that there's a metalstorm dc++ hub?
18.07.2006 - 21:20
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Valentin B on 18.07.2006 at 21:10

lol soulseek is almost exactly like dc++.i haven't heard about it,but to get arrested because of this program is (a bit) too stupid...it could've happened only in moldova
if you want me to tell you about dc,see ya on soulseek

I think there were hubs, and to get acces, you had to call a number. And these guys had their full hard disks shared, so the cops went in their houses, and so on... pretty messy, if you think about it
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.07.2006 - 18:53
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Ah yes, DC++, my main source for all of my illegaly downloaded music computer needs. DC++ is awesome, once you get used to it. Sure, the interface may seem intimidating, but once you try it a couple of times, it'll be like you used it every day of your life. My favorite hub to use is extrememetal.no-ip.com, and if you want to find me, my screen name is [MS]Insineratehymn.
19.07.2006 - 20:26
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
grindcore.no-ip.org

good for all kinds of music. not just grind

by the way, didn't you hear? buying is the new downloading!
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
19.07.2006 - 20:38
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 19.07.2006 at 20:26

No it's not! When you buy something, you buy it. You didn't download anything!
19.07.2006 - 20:49
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
orly? thanks for clearing that up for me.

----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
19.07.2006 - 21:06
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 20:38

Ever heard of sites like allofmp3.com ? You can BUY digital albums
----

19.07.2006 - 21:16
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 19.07.2006 at 21:06

Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 20:38

Ever heard of sites like allofmp3.com ? You can BUY digital albums

Of course, that's the sucker's way of downloading albums. The tr00, kvlt way of downloading is through illegal means, such as through DC++, the topic we're discussing right now.
19.07.2006 - 22:33
Wolf
Account deleted
The thing i hate about DC++ is the availability of downloads, sometimes i get stuck waiting for people to show up in the hub and they never do, i usually prefer torrents over DC++, but DC is better for underground unknown bands.
22.07.2006 - 01:19
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
DC++ should only be used like any other filesharing program, only if you want to sample bands, dowloading for the sake of listening and not buying was not the intended use, damn those people are stupid... SUPPORT THE ARTISTS!!! besides, DC++ is an awkward program (only if SAMPLING)
22.07.2006 - 13:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
maan,just look at the facts: here the usual cd(or audio tape,IF you manage to get one) is 9$/cd and 2$/casette...and with a total family income of 200$/month,i don't think anyone can afford it.neither can i.i agree with the "supprt the band" mentality,but i just can't do it.it's just too much,plus we have some of the highest tax rates in europe...
ontopic: i wanted to get insineratehymn's filelist,but it times out :-/
23.07.2006 - 23:11
Damnated
Churchburner
That's what I allways get, nomatter whom I try to get the file list; is this a coomon thing?
----

24.07.2006 - 11:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well,as you're not that into dc++,you'd best download from someone in your city,or at least in your country...also the hub speed is very important,in the same way that internet sites servers are necessary for fast navigation...don't know any hubs from tg mures,but there are online hub lists.just put them in your "public hubs server searcher" or something after googling them
24.07.2006 - 14:26
Damnated
Churchburner
Thanx, I might even try
----

25.07.2006 - 17:05
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Valentin B on 22.07.2006 at 13:14

maan,just look at the facts: here the usual cd(or audio tape,IF you manage to get one) is 9$/cd and 2$/casette...and with a total family income of 200$/month,i don't think anyone can afford it.neither can i.i agree with the "supprt the band" mentality,but i just can't do it.it's just too much,plus we have some of the highest tax rates in europe...

...but you can afford to buy some cds, right? but the thing is, people have the money to buy, at least, some cds but don't becasue they need to save their money for black hair dye and fashionable clothes because thats what being "metal" is all about.

and you mean $200 a week. and i doubt that thats the average. £200 a week in england is considered around minimum wage for a full-time worker and a dollar is worth less than a pound.
----

Read Watchmen.
25.07.2006 - 18:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
oh,LOL...
you don't live here,so you can't know how stuff works.and between 200$ a month and 200 pounds a week is a huge difference.
also,200$ per month man,no joking.~60$=average utility cost(only for the "bare necessities")and if you want some more than that,add 15$ just for internet,then add electricty,~30,then come the "monthly" stuff,like the mass transit,for a 3-member family,that's 800ron,or another 25$...
so let's see...60+15+30+25=130$ the utilities,plus you gotta eat something right?!?not to mention the occasional expenses and the pocket cash
if you don't live here like the average romanian citizen,please do not comment.ask every single romanian metalstormer and he'll tell you almost the same.and no,i can't afford some cds,i cant afford 1 cd.this is like the extreme poverty case in africa.people think they know the full situation,but they don't.the only way to know the situation to the max,is to live like the people in question
25.07.2006 - 19:26
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by -tom- on 25.07.2006 at 17:05

Written by Valentin B on 22.07.2006 at 13:14

...but you can afford to buy some cds, right? but the thing is, people have the money to buy, at least, some cds but don't becasue they need to save their money for black hair dye and fashionable clothes because thats what being "metal" is all about.

and you mean $200 a week. and i doubt that thats the average. £200 a week in england is considered around minimum wage for a full-time worker and a dollar is worth less than a pound.

No, he ment 200$ a month and that's the avarege income, the minimal is under 200$. A CD is about 20$ here, so do the math
----

25.07.2006 - 19:37
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
oh sorry. wasn't paying attention. didn't notice you were romanian.

either way, my point still stands for people in america, most of europe, australia etc.
----

Read Watchmen.
25.07.2006 - 20:53
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by -tom- on 25.07.2006 at 19:37

didn't notice you were romanian.

This sounded like if we were the poorest ppl in Europe (maybe it's true)
----

25.07.2006 - 20:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -tom- on 25.07.2006 at 19:37

oh sorry. wasn't paying attention. didn't notice you were romanian.

either way, my point still stands for people in america, most of europe, australia etc.

yeah.sorry to say but those guys don't have an excuse
and yes,we could be the poorest people in europe,along with the former yugoslavs,moldavians,and some ex-ussr republics(no offense!) imo
25.07.2006 - 23:49
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Damnated on 25.07.2006 at 20:53

This sounded like if we were the poorest ppl in Europe (maybe it's true)

i didn't mean it like that

i just presumed we we're talking about american dollars.
----

Read Watchmen.
17.10.2018 - 01:40
dawetlc
I know this topic is kinda dead, but whoever would like to find a new home after "metal scene" shutting down should visit this page and follow the instructions there: http://dcmetal.uw.hu
12.12.2020 - 18:07
kindouch
Budy, just take a gander at current realities: here the typical cd(or sound tape,IF you figure out how to get one) is 9$/album and 2$/casette...and with an absolute family pay of 200$/month,i don't figure anybody can bear it.neither can i.i concur with the "supprt the band" mentality,but I can't do it.it's simply too much,plus we have probably the most noteworthy duty rates in europe snaptube vidmate word to pdf