Metal Storm logo
Lääz Rockit

21.07.2009 - 03:41
DayFly
Seeing that they are one of my favourite bands and this board is lacking a topic for the band (never mind the one with "Left For Dead" in the title) I thought I'd start one about the cult Bay Area power metallers turned power/thrashers turned all out thrash-heads. I always liked the band's bright guitar tone till Annihilation Principle. It made the band really stand out as one of the few legit melodic thrash metal bands (for lack of a better term) and an ideal gateway band to the genre.
21.07.2009 - 03:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
First of all check out this concert review Thryce and I did two years and three months ago

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/article.php?article_id=240

Like said there I first saw them in 1987 and still think they're great... ot so for their first two albums but for their albums after that which were much more thrash. They also released a great dvd which I bought at the gig Thryce nd I attended and that dvd is absolutely fucking brilliant.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.07.2009 - 03:56
DayFly
Spared From The Fire live. Sigh. Wish I had been there, that song got me into the band.
21.07.2009 - 09:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've only heard Know Your Enemy and Left for Dead and they're both awesome. Left for Dead is a great comeback!

I still need to buy both of those though... any 2 for 1 deal that I don't know of?
21.07.2009 - 12:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Dangerboner on 21.07.2009 at 09:18

I've only heard Know Your Enemy and Left for Dead and they're both awesome. Left for Dead is a great comeback!

I still need to buy both of those though... any 2 for 1 deal that I don't know of?

Nope, unfortunately not, since Know Your Enemy and Annihilation Principle have just been re-released with bonus stuff and Left For Dead was released last year
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.07.2009 - 16:02
DayFly
I guess I could add that City's Gonna Burn and No Stranger To Danger have also been re-released, though I'm not sure if there is a 2 for 1 deal. I personally like them but be careful, those albums have barely anything to do with thrash metal, I have even heard them get called glam.
21.07.2009 - 21:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I didnt like band when I was younger dunno why even when I heard it in vib of doom, somehow I didnt like it , but when Ricco opened tread about new album, I listened band in myspace and I start like new album/s also old, so now I like it quate good band whit typical thrash band name and name in reality can make thrash
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing