Metal Storm logo
Anthrax - Vocalist Out, John Bush To Join For England's Sonisphere

As announced last week, thrash legends Anthrax regretfully cancelled the first three dates on the second leg of their European tour due to new vocalist Dan Nelson's unexpected illness. An additional seven European dates are also cancelled, those scheduled from July 22 to July 30. Anthrax is thrilled to announce that they will play the August 1 Sonisphere festival in Knebworth, England, with their good friend John Bush joining them for a very special one off performance.

The members of Anthrax have confirmed the departure of vocalist Dan Nelson. In light of this development, Anthrax's slot on the U.S. Slipknot dates set for August and September, has also been cancelled. Anthrax is already actively considering lead singer candidates, and look forward to hitting the road before the end of the year.

Source: anthrax.com
Band profile: Anthrax
Event: Sonisphere Festival
Posted: 22.07.2009 by wrathchild

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 35   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 170 users
23.07.2009 - 18:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Valentin B on 23.07.2009 at 17:48

wow, you must really love Venom and Nanowar of Steel

Actually I don't like them at all.
Venom I respect for their first couple of albums and the huge influence they've had on extreme metal but toally not for the way thy treat their old band members. But Nanowar of Steel is just pubescent juvenile hunour with a fixation for piss, shit and anal stuff.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.07.2009 - 18:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.07.2009 at 18:01

Written by Valentin B on 23.07.2009 at 17:48

wow, you must really love Venom and Nanowar of Steel

Actually I don't like them at all.
Venom I respect for their first couple of albums and the huge influence they've had on extreme metal but toally not for the way thy treat their old band members. But Nanowar of Steel is just pubescent juvenile hunour with a fixation for piss, shit and anal stuff.

i won't even say anything about Yngwie Malmsteen and Jon Schaffer
23.07.2009 - 18:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Enough off-tpoic now back to Anthrax.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.07.2009 - 22:43
Ankläger
There was talk in 2005 about Joey doing an album with them, then he said no and left, and they get Dan, and announced a new album for May 2009, Worship Music, which was pushed back to October. And now with this, they'll probably scrap the album and start another 2 and a half year cycle.
18.11.2009 - 06:39
SatyriconChick
This is pathetic. And this isn't exactly 'new' news, but according to Dan Nelson, he never WAS ill at all, that was a made up excuse to get him out of the band. Had Scott not been such a dick, maybe Joey would have stayed with the band. Hell, maybe even Dan Spitz would have as well. Once upon a time, Anthrax was my FAVORITE band, or at last the classic lineup was my favorite. Nothing could beat their releases, from Spreading the Disease to Attack of the Killer B's for me back in the day. It's just sad what they've become.

Hits total: 4291 | This month: 6