Metal Storm logo
Echoes Of Eternity - New Album Details Revealed

Guitarist/songwriter Brandon S. Patton checked in from Los Angeles about Echoes Of Eternity's sophomore album:

"Working with Logan Mader on "As Shadows Burn" was amazing. We had a lot of respect for him from the start, given his experience as a professional guitarist with Machine Head in the '90s and the great work he's done as a mixer and producer in recent years, the most recent Gojira album being a prime example.

The difference between our debut album and this second album is night and day! On the first album, the mix was really uneven and the vocals had WAY too much effects on them. On "As Shadows Burn", we captured a much more natural feel as a band. It doesn't sound so fucking processed and stiff. The guitars and drumming are way more aggressive and the band is smokin', with the whole album being slam-packed with killer riffs. The production and mix is a million times better. And Francine [Boucher] delivers an AMAZING vocal performance that is going to make people wake the fuck up. Even if you've made up your mind that you hate female-fronted metal, you are probably going to dig this record because first and foremost, its a KILLER metal record.

The title of the album actually came from a line in the chorus of the song "Veiled Horizon". It was short and evoked strong imagery in our mind. We thought that title would lead to a really cool album cover if we worked with the right artist. And it did. [Brazilian artist] Gustavo Sazes (Old Man's Child, Firewind, God Forbid) really nailed it!

We would love to take this bad boy on the road in 2010. It would be a damned shame if we didn't because we designed this record to fucking kick ass live! We missed a great chance to do a tour at the beginning of next year, so we are hanging tight for the right tour offer so we can get out on the road."

"As Shadows Burn" [cover art] tracklist:

01. Ten Of Swords
02. A Veiled Horizon
03. Memories Of Blood And Gold
04. The Scarlet Embrace
05. Descent Of A Blackened Soul
06. Twilight Fires
07. Buried Beneath A Thousand Dreams
08. Letalis Deus
09. Funeral In The Sky

"As Shadows Burn" will be released in North America on September 22, 2009. Three days later the album will hit the shelves in Europe.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Echoes Of Eternity
Posted: 23.07.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 28 users
23.07.2009 - 15:38
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Great to see it the album getting a release soon! And Brandon's straightforward criticism of the last album's production and enthusiasm for the new one makes it seem even more interesting to me
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
23.07.2009 - 16:39
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Okay... you don't need to use so many f-words to get your point across... but he sure makes it sound good too, so i'll look forward to it
----
loves 小巫
23.07.2009 - 22:46
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Ag Fox on 23.07.2009 at 16:39

Okay... you don't need to use so many f-words to get your point across... but he sure makes it sound good too, so i'll look forward to it

Many f-words? Many = 2?

Think I will check it up. Haven't heard the first yet.
23.07.2009 - 23:22
Symmachus

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 23.07.2009 at 22:46

Written by Ag Fox on 23.07.2009 at 16:39

Many f-words? Many = 2?

Think I will check it up. Haven't heard the first yet.

The f-wrod was actually used three times.

I enjoy what I've heard off the debut album, and this album's artwork is rather awesome.
25.07.2009 - 04:40
Soliloquy

Looking forwards to this...
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde

Hits total: 3082 | This month: 8