Metal Storm logo
Rosetta

Original post

Posted by tea[m]ster, 24.07.2009 - 22:59
Being a Godflesh fan from the getgo I've been looking for similar bands today - Isis and Cult of Luna have intrigued me - however, I know nothing about this band except for the info posted here on MetalStorm. Tell me more.
17.11.2010 - 04:38
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by BloodTears on 16.11.2010 at 21:03

I'm thinking about giving these guys a go.

BloodTears you and I have pretty similar tastes so i think you will dig these guys. Start at the beginning with "The Galilean Satellites" (the two disk mixed one, I have it if you want it) then work your way forward!
----
rekt
17.11.2010 - 21:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Thank you for you suggestions, my friends.

I will definitely listen to them as soon as I'm over my OSI fever. Rosetta will be my next project
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.12.2010 - 04:42
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by IronAngel on 09.11.2010 at 20:00

Yes, has anyone? I should download it I guess, haven't seen it in the record store.

On a related note, Year Of No Light's Ausserwelt is mindblowing. Best post-shit this year.
Thanks for recommending. Really enjoying it right now
----
loves 小巫
16.12.2010 - 02:54
Julko

The song "Wake" blows my mind everytime, it's form the album "Wake/Lift" from 2007 for those who wants to know
----
You dun goofed
07.01.2011 - 06:17
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Tour with Kylesa announced as well as a summer European tour!

www.rosettaband.com
----
rekt
07.01.2011 - 06:41
Susan
Smeghead
Hmm, miniscule chance I could catch the SC show. It is on a Saturday so I'll look into it. Anyone know how they are live? I can imagine it being pretty sweet.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.01.2011 - 22:29
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Susan on 07.01.2011 at 06:41

Hmm, miniscule chance I could catch the SC show. It is on a Saturday so I'll look into it. Anyone know how they are live? I can imagine it being pretty sweet.

Saw them last summer,,,very loud....had to wear earplugs. Their shows are very personal...not alot of people...check out a few vids on youtube....
----
rekt
24.01.2011 - 22:35
IronAngel

I've been listening to A Determinism Of Morality for about a month now, and I'm really impressed. They really stand out in the atmospheric sludge (or "post-metal") scene to their advantage. The album gets a little repetitive and predictable towards the middle (Revolve and Renew especially), but the amazing closer track saves it. This is way better than anything Isis or Neurosis have done in a while.
25.01.2011 - 01:46
Susan
Smeghead
^ Completely agree. That album doesn't get old. I'm just listening now, again.

Sad I won't be able to see then in SC this weekend. I didn't realize it's an 8 hour drive to Charleston (thought it was only 3 or 4 for some reason) and I have to work the next morning back in TN. Would have been amazing, especially with Kylesa. Next time!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
08.04.2011 - 02:45
Sub-AtomicChaos

Wake/Lift is one of the greatest things that I've ever heard imo.
09.04.2011 - 11:17
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Sub-AtomicChaos on 08.04.2011 at 02:45

That "imo" makes you sound very unsure about your own perception.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
10.04.2011 - 20:51
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by K✞ulu on 09.04.2011 at 11:17

Written by Sub-AtomicChaos on 08.04.2011 at 02:45

That "imo" makes you sound very unsure about your own perception.

yea, either it is or it isn't...which one is it...
----
rekt
10.04.2011 - 21:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
"Lift (Part 3)" and "Temet Nosce" are two of my favorite Rosetta tracks. I love how they're able to take you in so many different directions at the same time without ever venturing off-road.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.04.2011 - 01:02
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.04.2011 at 21:25

"Lift (Part 3)" and "Temet Nosce" are two of my favorite Rosetta tracks. I love how they're able to take you in so many different directions at the same time without ever venturing off-road.

nice.

considering Wake/Lift is one of my favorite releases OF ALL TIME (check my top 25 list) I have a hard time picking which ones are my favorite. "Monument" has a great build up. "Red in Tooth and Claw" has sooo many emotional ups and downs. But my favorite is the whole three part "Lift" song - 14 minutes of pure post metal bedlam!
----
rekt
04.05.2011 - 22:26
VPeter

Discovered this band through the MS awards, I really enjoyed the last album. How are their other albums compared to their latest?
04.05.2011 - 22:48
IronAngel

Written by VPeter on 04.05.2011 at 22:26

Discovered this band through the MS awards, I really enjoyed the last album. How are their other albums compared to their latest?

In brief: similar, better. I actually don't know Wake/Lift very well, I think I've heard it once in its entirety. I rember it being more stripped-down and straightforward whereas the debut is actually two albums that are supposed to be played simultaneously (you can find a merged rip online), one of them containing the metal and the other providing ambient soundscapes. It's pretty great, despite the gimmick.
05.05.2011 - 10:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Still haven't given them a chance. Maybe soon? Grr, need to find time.
----

My Instagram
05.05.2011 - 14:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by BloodTears on 05.05.2011 at 10:57

Do it asap. Their first two albums are amazing, although I'm one of the few to argue their debut isn't their best. I prefer Wake/Lift, mostly because most of the songs on that album are more in line with being "favorites" of mine, whereas Satellites is more of an "experience", especially if you go by the two-discs-at-the-same-time process.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.05.2011 - 14:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.05.2011 at 14:21

Written by BloodTears on 05.05.2011 at 10:57

Do it asap. Their first two albums are amazing, although I'm one of the few to argue their debut isn't their best. I prefer Wake/Lift, mostly because most of the songs on that album are more in line with being "favorites" of mine, whereas Satellites is more of an "experience", especially if you go by the two-discs-at-the-same-time process.

What about their last album? What are your thoughts on that? That's the one I have to listen to now, although I'll definitely listen to the other two as well.
----

My Instagram
05.05.2011 - 15:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by BloodTears on 05.05.2011 at 14:57

What about their last album? What are your thoughts on that? That's the one I have to listen to now, although I'll definitely listen to the other two as well.

If you're going to start listening to them, start from the beginning. Their most recent output left a lot to be desired - it was basically a more blunt version of Wake/Lift. The production isn't the greatest either, so you can't hear all the nuances that make their first two albums so enticing; the atmosphere isn't as approachable. I wouldn't say it's a bad album, but in comparison to their first two albums, it's not that good.
----
30.05.2011 - 03:25
F.N.S.C.A.C

Written by tea[m]ster on 07.01.2011 at 06:17

Tour with Kylesa announced as well as a summer European tour!

www.rosettaband.com

Why do so many bands tour europe without including uk >.<
Would love to see this band live, can imagine it being nothing short of incredible...
07.08.2011 - 19:55
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Go to

www.rosettaband.com

there is an awesome 1hr20min video of a concert in Russia a week ago...
----
rekt
07.08.2011 - 20:17
Timm O)))

I'm jealous, when i saw them live they only played for about 45 minutes... O.o
28.01.2012 - 20:12
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Heard some rumblings about a documentary being made as we speak. That, my friends, would be the shit. In the meantime, some nice concert footage from the summer...in HD!

----
rekt
29.01.2012 - 16:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I dont mind them, they get a little boring after awhile though.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.06.2012 - 07:24
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Read an online interview, the band gave some details about their future plans! Check out their discography here for details!
----
rekt
01.07.2012 - 19:06
The Turbanator

Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.01.2012 at 16:20

I dont mind them, they get a little boring after awhile though.

Took me a while to get into them, but yeah I get what you mean. They're not like other Post Metal bands out there (Isis, Cikuta etc etc) who you could hear all year long. But so far I'm satisfied with Rosetta's work.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
03.09.2012 - 15:06
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
This is big surprise for fan of "POST" , check it here. feel great frequency of natural instrumental post rock/metal band
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.