Metal Storm logo
Sylosis

26.07.2009 - 21:05
Saitenhexerin

I searched Metalstorm and couldn't find anywhere a topic about Sylosis.
They are a band from Reading, Great Britain, and they play, as they state on their myspace page "Epic Thrash Metal".
In 2008 their record "Conclusion of an Age" came out and it is a great piece of music, it got actually quite good reviews!
If you like Thrash, and especially more modern sounding one, you should check them out!
They have great and catchy melodies, awesome guitarriffs and very tight drumming, but well, listen for yourselves:

http://www.myspace.com/sylosis

So tell me what you think of them!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
27.07.2009 - 00:27
RockeRoy

I got "the supreme oppressor" the other day, and i diddn't have high expectations, but i was positively suprised, it was quite good, i liked the vocals and the riffing and drumming was good to, verry good sometimes, but i don't think they will be a new favorit band, but i will listen to it some more before i give my final opinion)
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
07.08.2009 - 21:57
Saitenhexerin

Tomorrow - live at the Metalfest in Camden!
If you are nearby and have time - check them out! Amazing live-band, great show and thy kick ass lol!
----
09.08.2009 - 14:05
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Saitenhexerin on 07.08.2009 at 21:57

Tomorrow - live at the Metalfest in Camden!
If you are nearby and have time - check them out! Amazing live-band, great show and thy kick ass lol!
read your post one day late =3=
would be a good way to find out about them since I'm quite close...
I looked them up on MA and it classifies them as Melodeath(?)
----
loves 小巫
19.11.2009 - 10:21
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
19.05.2010 - 21:03
Saitenhexerin

Sylosis and Jamie, the singer, parted ways. I hope that this won't break their neck, because Jamie is an incredible frontman. He'll surely be tough to replace. http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=7457012&blogId=534596882
----
21.05.2010 - 14:52
Fane

Written by Ag Fox on 09.08.2009 at 14:05

I looked them up on MA and it classifies them as Melodeath(?)

Melodeath? Odd. Imo this is thrash. But who cares what it is when it's good. I just found a new band for my collection.

About the frontman change, it surely will be hard to find a new one. Haven't seen live/video but the voice is simply fantastic.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
21.05.2010 - 22:04
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I like them a lot...tight and flawless thrash...great production...nice choice of vocals...can't believe I never heard of them...
31.05.2010 - 15:01
Saitenhexerin

At least the frontman issue is settled:

Josh [Middleton, lead guitars] takes over the vocals too.

the audio snippets in this video do not sound too bad actually!
The only thing I'm worried about is their tage show now, because Jamie moved around a lot while the others were rather static. But I hope they still can keep up their mental performances.
----