02. Indulge In Genocide
03. Severe Facial Reconstruction
04. All Shall Perish
05. War On Creation
06. Eradicate The Weak
07. Scumkiller
08. Kingdoms Shall Fall
09. Faint Figure In Black

Are you looking for Technical Death Metal? Are you sick and tired of those pseudo talented bands that claim to be complex and when you heard their "new" release you find "And Then You'll Beg"? If you answered yes to at least one of those questions, it is because you are waiting for a band like this?it's called Man Must Die.

An underground band indeed, not many people know them but they are extremely talented. Their music resembles earlier Suffocation with more catchy riffs but don't worry, this is not melodic ala Amon Amarth. This band has all the Death Metal elements like aggression, violence and all that yummy stuff we all love. "Man Must Die" managed to create violent yet digestible music - every song in this album has a "cool" thing in it, if it's not a catchy riff it's a long complex solo, if it's not an irregular drumming it's a crazy bass-line, and so on.

Now about the music, every Death Metal fan should check the tune called "Severe Facial Reconstruction". This track is marvelous. It starts very fast and violent, with a great bass playing and some chilling vocals, then the double-bass drumming comes into place like a machine gun. The structures in this song are magnificent and flawless and the long solo completes the greatness of this song (1:38, and believe me, you won't hear this kind of leads easily nowadays my friend). The best thing comes in the second minute?the most amazing bass-line opens the next riff, a powerful and brutal riff which ends the song in the most spectacular way. "Scumkiller" is another killer song. From the beginning to the end, in this tune you'll find hard lined and catchy riffs along with the most complex execution and awesome bridges. This song is the best display of how intelligent the songwriting is in this album.

Now this is what I call good music. Man Must Die is a band with a lot of old school influences. The music is simply spectacular and multi faceted. Every single riff has a different structure (believe me that's very hard, especially in Death Metal). The production is also flawless, which is a weird thing in a debut album, but really the sound is very clean, every instrument sounds perfect, even the bass lower achievements sound very loud and clear (Note: a Kataklysm Member produced this CD). So I am not kidding get this album immediately because I am sure you'll be very happy with this product.

Follow: Severe Facial Reconstruction, Scumkiller, War On Creation, Faint Figure In Black

Recommended if you like: Quo Vadis, Capharnaum, Kataklysm, Regorge.

Written by Herzebeth | 26.04.2005

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 53 users
30.07.2009 - 13:08
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
This better not disappoint me. I am as intrigued as ever.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
30.07.2009 - 14:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I think I'll try to get this one.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29