Metal Storm logo
Arsis - New Album Details Revealed

Original news, posted on 30.07.2009

"Starve For The Devil" will be the name of the fourth studio album from Virginia's melodic/technical death metallers Arsis. New material will be recorded this fall with producer Zeuss ( Municipal Waste, Agnostic Front, Hatebreed) at Planet Z Studios in Massachusetts. Artist Mark Riddick will provide his trademarked meticulous and grotesque artwork.

This release will mark the return of founding member/drummer Michael Van Dyne, who states: "The new Arsis record is coming along great - we have eleven new original songs nearly completed, as well as a cover song which will probably be used as a bonus track. Recording this album should be a blast, and the fact that we'll be working with one of the world's top metal producers will only make the experience that much cooler."

Guitarist/singer Jim Malone shares the following: "For the past six months we have been writing songs for "Starve For The Devil", and I must say that I am more than pleased with the way things are going. Mike Van Dyne and I rehearsed this past weekend; it was the first time we have played together in over two and a half years. The rehearsal went amazing; he has really done the songs justice. Look for "Starve For The Devil" to be released early next year and be sure to check us out on the Neckbreakers Ball European Tour in October. We will be supporting Behemoth and DevilDriver and it should be, well, good times."

UPDATE (thanks to Abattoir)

Arsis announced the release date and tracklist of their upcoming album. "Starve For The Devil" is the second album for Nuclear Blast Records and will be released on January 15, 2010. Artwork will be online soon.

Tracklist of the album:

01. Forced to Rock
02. A March for the Sick
03. From Soulless to Shattered (Art in Dying)
04. Beyond Forlorn
05. The Ten of Swords
06. Closer to Cold
07. Sick Perfection
08. Half Past Corpse O'Clock
09. Escape Artist
10. Sable Rising

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Arsis
Posted: 09.10.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 148 users
30.07.2009 - 14:01
munson

New Arsis out early next year? That's one hell of a turnaround. Not quite two years?
30.07.2009 - 23:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Expecting the new album to be much more thrash-oriented; as long as it's fast and technical, these guys can't do their label any harm.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.07.2009 - 01:27
Symmachus

This is nice to know. But what happened to David Kinkade being in the band?
31.07.2009 - 04:12
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.07.2009 at 23:40

Expecting the new album to be much more thrash-oriented; as long as it's fast and technical, these guys can't do their label any harm.

Is that what you're expecting or you've actually heard this from a credible source?
----
Brujerizmo!
31.07.2009 - 16:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Konrad on 31.07.2009 at 04:12

Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.07.2009 at 23:40

Is that what you're expecting or you've actually heard this from a credible source?

It's just what I'm expecting based on Zeuss producing the album again. I felt We Are The Nightmare had a lot of thrash influences and that Arsis seemed to be letting go of the melodic/technical death metal tag they earned with A Celebration Of Guilt. That, and James Malone never seems content with playing one style, so predicting a small transformation at this point seems logical to me.

Melodic death, thrash, or both, I'm anxious to hear the outcome.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.07.2009 - 19:28
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Yeah...I think the band is just further developing their own style, which is why they have more of a spread across the genres. I'll be delightfully surprised if they show even more progression on this album, because it hasn't even been very long since their last.
----
Brujerizmo!
08.08.2009 - 17:34
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I find this album title a bit )basically TOO MUCH) idiot... i dont know why....
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
10.10.2009 - 14:21
AnarChrist

Well it definately isn't as idiotic as a song title like "Half Past Corpse O'Clock"
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs

Hits total: 4248 | This month: 2