Reviewer:
Band: Tears
Album: Emptiness
Release date: 2006

01. Emptiness
02. I Promise You
03. I Can't Forgive What Both You've Done
04. Outro

After a first demo that was extremely interesting, the Greek band, Tears is back with four new songs featured on a new CD, "Emptiness". If "Falling Certainly" was already promising, it's obvious that the band is better this time. With "Emptiness" Tears still plays Progressive Metal but you'll be probably chocked now by the maturity of the band?

"Falling Certainly" was a bit dark but it's a bit different this time with the new demo. Actually, the new songs are still Progressive ones but they're more in the vein of a Savatage now and it's really original. If you cannot understand how it can sound, well you'll just have to know that it is a really beautiful Epic music with some great verses and choruses a la "Bohemian Rhapsody" if you see what I mean. Though, the new official singer is really good and its charismatic voice gives a lot of deepness to the "new" music of the combo. The omnipresence of the Piano and Keyboards give a little classical touch to the songs and no doubt that the Epic guitars riffs lead this nice melody. Musically speaking, Tears is definitely better on this CD with a lot more of personality, and that's great news.

The production is also really professional. The covers, still painted looks cool and above all, the quality of the sound is better than the one of some confirmed and respected bands. It's classy really professional and at the end I strongly believe that a label will be interested by this band soon because they're just presenting all the ingredient of a good recipe. Good original songs, good production, and good musicians? it should work!!!

"Emptiness" is a nice little demo and Tears just confirms its really great potential. This is a really nice album of Epic Progressive music full of great little things and you can trust me, we will have some good news from this band soon. Let's wait their first album but the best will come for them for sure?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 18.07.2006

Comments

Comments: 1   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 7 users
18.07.2006 - 16:57
Herzebeth

Geez, this has to be the most disturbing cover I've seen ina while...If the music is in any way as blasting as their cover I'll surely fucking buy this as soon as possible.
----

Hits total: 4587 | This month: 4