Metal Storm logo
Decapitated - New Drummer Announced

Guitarist Waclaw "Vogg" Kieltyka from Polish metallers Decapitated has issued the following update on the band's MySpace blog:

"Hey everyone. It's time to introduce dude who will continue the great way of Witek's passion in a band. His name is Kerim "Krimh" Lechner. Very young and very talented drummer from Austria. You can see some of his work at this location.

I want to thank every drummer who sent stuff. Thanks for your interest and work."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Decapitated
Posted: 04.08.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 123 users
04.08.2009 - 00:41
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Good then.. time for new album approaching
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
04.08.2009 - 01:14
a MasT

Dec. is one of my fav bands and drums were such a killer part of their sound. Doubt this guy is the next Witek but those shoes are too big. I'm sure they'll still have plenty to offer though.
04.08.2009 - 02:43
Symmachus

Yeah, I first heard about this through wikipedia, and this is great news. Decapitated lives on! RIP Vitek.
04.08.2009 - 07:57
wormdrink414

Looks like they made a good choice. Don't know much about drumming, but I know what drummers I like and I like this new dude. Cant wait to hear what they churn out. RIP Vitek.
04.08.2009 - 10:54
Lamahe

..one of the best news this year...
----
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
04.08.2009 - 11:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
This is the best update I've had since the site introduced updates (assuming Decapitated stay away from the same path that led Cryptopsy into such ... controversy).

Then again, these guys don't have a vocalist from any hardcore bands, so I'll be happily awaiting any further album details. Witek was such an amazing talent and truly dedicated to his passion. RIP
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.08.2009 - 16:40
In_tallica

About time!!
I've seen this guy on youtube before, he's good!
04.08.2009 - 22:08
FRIENDSHIP

Man; I feel sorry for Decapitated because of my Polish heritage stirring up great nationalism...

Also, whenever I see someone from Belarus, I look at them funny :[
----
Keeping up the killing,

Dylan
05.08.2009 - 03:27
Opethian

That was just amazing ! Wish him & Decapitated luck
05.08.2009 - 08:11
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
It's time for them to start again, I hope this guys fills Witek's shoes!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
05.08.2009 - 13:12
-Morbid-

Good news, hopefully they can continue on as good as they were before.
05.08.2009 - 13:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hmm I was hoping Vogg would stick with Vader and lay Decapitated to rest :/
05.08.2009 - 23:52
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Was expecting hellhammer, not gonna lie.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.08.2009 - 21:43
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Great news indeed
09.08.2009 - 02:51
dEAthB3D

Weeeewww great one!!! new album comin out soon i hope:banger:
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
10.08.2009 - 22:43
Gefahr

They should get the god Nick Barker
----
METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!!!!
29.08.2009 - 16:36
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Let's hope the new member can (or at least try hardly) to offer to the band as much as vitek did... i hope they take their time for their new album and not hury in order to create something special again...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!

Hits total: 3698 | This month: 10