Metal Storm logo
Softball

17.08.2009 - 12:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This is the sport i am currently fully concentrated on, trying to be as good in it as possible

it is "little brother" of baseball, but IT IS NOT "baseball for women"...men are playing it too and are capable to throw the yellow ball fast and fire it long way too

the main differences to baseball are - smaller field (both inner and outer), no raised hill for pitcher, no grass in infield, bigger ball, different bats made from alloy, never from wood, different pitching style, runners may not advance from base while pitcher holding the ball

is there anyone who knows (or even plays) this great sport?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.08.2009 - 20:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Today i hit my first homerun (first ever and first in Czech 2nd Men League)...i have to admit though, the pitcher made it easy to me
----

25.08.2012 - 15:25
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
In a few hours i am having my first adult category game as a home plate umpire...gosh, i'll be so dead
----

25.08.2012 - 18:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Probobly this tread be one man posting place
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.08.2012 - 00:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Thank you from saving it from that fate

dunno how there is not a single person who has something to do with softball
----

26.08.2012 - 02:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 26.08.2012 at 00:41

Thank you from saving it from that fate

dunno how there is not a single person who has something to do with softball

probobly because amies would like to talk about baseball....but what you expect, footy tread is dead
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.08.2012 - 06:47
FOOCK Nam

Just fast googling it, it looks like baseball (as in picture), ... so when you get any victory game, come to notice : )
26.08.2012 - 14:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Yea, its kinda like baseball (basically - smaller field, bigger ball, pitching by rotating the hand from front to back, no pickoffs + about ton of minor changes)..in US practically only girls play it (men compete in a variant called "slowpitch"), in Europe are both men and women leagues, it is also played in Asia (China, Japan), New Zealand, South America (Venezuela, Argentina), even some African teams are there

i prefer it over baseball, because it is faster and more intense...on the other hand its more accessible to newbies, at least here...

and Czech republic is the best country in Europe when talking about mens softball (practically only Danes and Dutch are any competition atm) and around 5th in womens
----