Metal Storm logo
Lake of Tears

17.05.2006 - 13:10
Abougrej
Elite
One of the first bands that i have listened to. The Album Headstones is my favorite wonderful ambiance, great vocals.

So tell me what is your opinion about this band?
----
Soul Cancer
17.05.2006 - 13:32
Joseph
Well as for me i like this 2 albums ! Headstones and Forever Autumn this 2 albums that found some feelings in the songs and in the guitar riffs and arpege are amazing ...
----
Life ends so fast so take your chance and make it last .
22.05.2006 - 12:04
MetalGoddess
Lake of tears is one of my favourite bands from outside heavy metal...I like almost all their abums and songs ... been to their concert recently and they rock!!!
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
23.05.2006 - 12:49
Renessanss
Grand Gardener
Lake Of Tears is one of the most distinctive bands out there, with their very own sound and lyrical stile.
First of all I usually don't find technically simple songs striking, but they have such power and charisma in their simplicity that I couldn't imagine them playing mindblowing solos or unorthodox and complicated rythms.
The same could be said about the lyrics, which are absolutely devoid of hard-to-understand expressions and braindamaging metaphores, yet they are perfect in their simplicity.

My personal favourite album is probably their latest release followed by "Headstones" and "Greater Art"

Keep making good music for years to come
----
29.07.2006 - 01:51
de_profundis
Account deleted
hello there guys!Abougrej ask for opinions about Lake Of Tears. Well...What can I say...Personally, when I listen to any of their albums, I travel mentally to places noone can ever go. Every riff and every melody is a ticket to unexplored paths of inner tranquillity! These guys are music poets. Their music can make you draw pictures in your mind! I haven't heard their whole discography, only the four first. I'm afraid I cannot decide which is better in comparison to another. Lake Of Tears are simply...unique!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my opinion!!!
30.07.2006 - 00:58
okt31
Account deleted
Excellent band! Headstones is the first, then Greater Artm, then Forever Autumn, and than it's the same level (maybe Neonai is the flop - it's really uninteresting, especially the pop-ish rhythms annoy me a lot - there are some good songs on it, but it's a very tiring album...)
06.08.2006 - 22:05
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I like it, a lot, I only have two albums, The Neonai and Black Brick Road, and I love both of them. The Neonai for me is the best, the mixture between the gothic and the electronic elements is awesome, gotta love that album! and Black Brick Road is great too, is a more traditional gothic metal album, without electronic elements. The Neonai was only an experiment they did, IMO. Great band, hope to get more albums soon.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.09.2006 - 15:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joseph on 17.05.2006 at 13:32

Well as for me i like this 2 albums ! Headstones and Forever Autumn this 2 albums that found some feelings in the songs and in the guitar riffs and arpege are amazing ...

Me too i moustly like those albums, but even how nexta lbum sounds i love them too, but mousl I like firts 2 because its moust of doom meterial, but others are too, but whit influencies but lyricaly i like better ''The Crimson Cosmoss''
But otherwise band are great
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.09.2006 - 18:25
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
This band gets old rather fast... I was amazed by Headstones and Forever Autumn at first, both are indeed touching and beautiful doom/gothic Metal albums, but they don't pass the test of time. I prefer less "weeper" Doom Metal.
30.09.2006 - 10:34
Freezer
I really like "Forever Autumn", but i have to listen more to the other discs
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
10.10.2006 - 00:01
WindMyth
Account deleted
Also a great band, the growls are well made, and lyrics are really good.
When it is with crematory in some songs they make excellent singles.
02.02.2007 - 04:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I got the albums and I loved them. The lyrics are aesome, everything is awesome about this band. However, I still thik their best albums are "The Neonai" and "Black Brick Road". I have to listen to them more carefully.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

03.02.2007 - 16:37
Destiny
i remember that the first album of Lake of Tears i've listen is Headstones in '95-95 i think. I will always remember the last song on side B The Path Of The Gods. the song had something special...something diferent for that time....and the intro superb.........the recent albums aren't so great beacause i think that they don;t put so much effort in it ( i've seen them perform recently)
----
www.av-studio.org http://www.av-studio.org
11.05.2007 - 04:23
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I don't see what people do see of good in Forever Autumn, that is by far the worst album inside a pretty good discography... cliché filled as fuck, with boring acoustic part and without the heaviness that made albums like Headstones so great...

Don't consider my last post in this thread... since the last summer (southern summer, december-march) I had became a fanboy, I truly like the mixing between melancholy and a weird kind of ecstasy that Lake Of Tears create, in Headstones but also in newer albums... I had been listening a lot to "Moons And Mushrooms" these last weeks and it has a great rocker feeling, with heavy riffing and that fucked-off feeling following the line of "Black Brick Road"
11.05.2007 - 04:51
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I was never familiar with this band before but after hearing some samples from Moons and Mushrooms I plan on buying the album.

Is Moons and Mushrooms very indicative of the band's usual style? I see them called "gothic" often and based on the songs I heard that wouldn't have been my first guess....
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
11.05.2007 - 22:27
Elodie Artour
Slania
Well,I have heard only some of their songs,but I like them."Headstones"is adorable.Love it!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
05.07.2007 - 20:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
"Moons and Mushrooms" kicks ass! Their last three albums are so differet, musically speaking, it's amazing a band can change and still be awesome. On "The Neonai" was electronic an the keyboards were great, and the music was totally psychedelic. Then on "Black Brick Road" they sounded more gothic traditional, an on this new album they are kinda more agressive, and this album completely slams, and Daniel looks quite funny with the mushroom hat on teh shows (Check the gallery on their website).
----

08.07.2007 - 07:24
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Damn I just cant get enough of "Black Brick Road" I didnt like at first, but now its one of my favorite albums of all time!
----
08.07.2007 - 16:45
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by 4look4rd on 08.07.2007 at 07:24

Damn I just cant get enough of "Black Brick Road" I didnt like at first, but now its one of my favorite albums of all time!

yeah, that album is pretty cool, I used to listen to it for a very long time, and now you have reminded me on it, I will probably listen to it for some time now
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.08.2007 - 20:13
W-Lash
Metal Master
Hm, interesting. How was it possible to create such shit as "The Neonai"?
And "Crimson Cosmos" seems to be shit as well.

But "Headstones" is fucking great stuff!
07.08.2007 - 13:31
Daniel
I love Lake Of Tears..

Nothing else can be said in fear of dishounoring them
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
07.08.2007 - 15:22
Butch
Account deleted
I only have "A Crimson Cosmos" and I think it is pretty good especially "Boogie Bubble" (what an odd title for a song !). How do their other albums compare, stylistically to "A Crimson Cosmos" ? That album seems to be a mix of gothic and stoner metal.
10.08.2007 - 04:07
McCoy
Account deleted
forever autumn ... i just love this album!!!
11.08.2007 - 22:56
Olli
I only have forever Autum, but im definetly going to get more, they're one of the few bands that make music that can actually change my mood easily.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
11.08.2007 - 23:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@W-Lash whats wrong whit Crimson Cosmos, good emeotional and awsome album read lyrics and them maybe you understand it
Greater Art, Headstones, Lady Rosenred, A Crimson Cosmos, Forever Autumn are awsoem albums, ist ,masterpiece, I love them all but I agree about The Neonai and Black Brick Road its crap but soemone of you knows soemthing about new album Moons and Mushrooms ?
----

apos;'
[image]
12.08.2007 - 20:09
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by W-Lash on 06.08.2007 at 20:13

I disagree. The Neonai is an awesome album, those electronic, psychedelic elements make it unique.
----

12.08.2007 - 23:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 12.08.2007 at 20:09

Written by W-Lash on 06.08.2007 at 20:13

I disagree. The Neonai is an awesome album, those electronic, psychedelic elements make it unique.

Totaly agree whit you, its awsoem unique, Im not electronic fun, for exaple Paradise Lost disco album are crap, but this are great
----

apos;'
[image]
12.08.2007 - 23:14
W-Lash
Metal Master
Kariasakis, i don't fucking care about lyrics. Music is the most important part from the song. Lyrics come only after that. I listened Crimson Cosmos but i don't remember any song (can't say the same about other albums). That means it had nothing important in my point of view.
A friend of mine said that the new album is crap.

+{Radagast}+, maybe you like Neonai but it sounded like pop for me.
12.08.2007 - 23:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by W-Lash on 12.08.2007 at 23:14

Kariasakis, i don't fucking care about lyrics. Music is the most important part from the song. Lyrics come only after that. I listened Crimson Cosmos but i don't remember any song (can't say the same about other albums). That means it had nothing important in my point of view.

Well for thrash and death agree lyrics are crap and non important because ewerybody can write something but doom and gothic I doubt much ppl who has no emetions, or thay are cold can write such good lyrics and compose good music, it shood be balenced, but not all band scand do it

Wanna pop new Paradise Lost disco era albums are pop
----

apos;'
[image]
13.08.2007 - 00:18
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Bad English on 12.08.2007 at 23:51

Written by W-Lash on 12.08.2007 at 23:14

Wanna pop new Paradise Lost disco era albums are pop

I don't need that fucking pop.
The Neonai album was enough pop for me.