06. ...Believe
07. Paperdoll
08. Pardonne-Moi
09. Will You be Here
10. Pasvani Mnié, Pasvani
11. Etheral
12. No More Life
13. Transparence

In the game of the "I wanna be somebody", we have a new winner today and its name is Markize! Transparence was released in 2007 but this is the re-released version that I have in my hand. This one features two acoustic bonuses and some videos, cool additions if you liked this kind of music and missed the first edition of the album but, obviously, absolutely useless if you cannot stand Evanescence! Wait? Am I reviewing Markize or the American band? Ho yes, I'm talking about the French band and unfortunately this lack of originality in addition of a really formatted music just didn't convince me?

If you like Evanescence, Within Temptation or the lasts Lacuna Coil I'm ready to bet some money that you'll like this release. If you're not really expecting something new! Because if Transparence doesn't really feature any bad songs, those songs are clearly too much influenced by the bands which have started to do such kind of music. I mean that I don't really see any interest to listen to Transparence if you already have all the Evanescence albums in your discography. It will simply doesn't give anything new or better. I'm not saying that the songs are the same but the similarity is too big to provoke any kind of interest for the people who try to get a bit of freshness when they buy a new CD. On the other hand, if you like Goth/Rock with sweet female vocals, dark atmosphere but really commercial tunes and choruses, you'll probably like this release?

The main originality of the album is that the songs are in English, French and even Russian! This is cool and the voice of Alina Dounaievskaya is not so bad actually. The other members are ok and the lead guitarist even put some soli on some songs. It's pro and well done but as I said before just too similar to the other big bands of the category to convince me. After all you can do all the good music that you want, if this is just a copycat, I don't see how it could attract me? You see what I mean?

All the die-hard fans of female Gothic/Rock bands can have a look at this release. After all, objectively this is not bad at all in the genre but objectively too this is also too simple and comparable to stuff which have been done before to be a real kick your ass album. Maybe that some of you will believe that I'm too hard? Well the album was released in 2007 and nobody talked about it... so something was probably missing? Try if you want but personally I will not listen to it anymore because it was simply boring as hell for me!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 5
Originality: 3
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 20.08.2009

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 81 users
20.08.2009 - 18:23
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Seldom see you give such a bad rating, Jeff lol
----
loves 小巫
20.08.2009 - 18:33
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Uh I know this band.. they're like Evanescense. But the songs in french and russian are pretty nice. Too low rate..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.08.2009 - 19:48
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Hmm, I somehow like that album
21.08.2009 - 15:58
wrathchild

I've seen them live last year and I had my hopes that the show would be a good one since Markize was one of the rising names in the French scene but it turned to be a very boring show. And this comes from someone who likes Evanescence
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz

Hits total: 4188 | This month: 5