Metal Storm logo
Satyricon

Original post

Posted by matos, 19.07.2006 - 18:44
No official Satyricon thread ?!? ok here it is !
I don't want to write a wide monologue about how i feel about the band, so i'll just give you the short version:
Satyricon: you should all know them! they've been my favourite band for quite a long time, it's hard to decide which album attracts me the most, but i'd say it's DMT. Many people don't like their later material (after Nemesis Devina), but come on Rebel Extravaganza is also a masterpiece, the main problem about this album is that it comes after their legendary 3rd album - Nemesis Devina. But i'd call RE a great example of moderen black metal that is not yet sell-out. About Vulcano - yeah, it's not that good album, but still there are some good songs to be found on it. After this album we all hoped that Satyricon would return to their roots, but they turned in totally different direction- towards mtv
So i guess that is a fatal downfall, for the Kings of Black metal

Sad ending of a story... But i have i wonderful news for my Slovenian friends! I've heared Satyricon are coming to Slovenia this autumn!! (sorce: http://www.rockthenation.at/index.php?id=37)
02.02.2010 - 23:13
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
03.02.2010 - 00:46
Slayer666

Written by Got Mayhem? on 07.01.2009 at 19:08

Written by Guest on 07.01.2009 at 04:19

The guys from Satyricon look so freekin gay in the new Metal Hammer....with their designer glasses and fancy haircuts. These dudes are milking it man...haha The new album is pretty lame imo - I dont think they "sold out" (for lack of better term) i just think its excruciatingly laborious and lacks balls and atmosphere.

Did you watch the music vid for 'Black Crow on a Tombstone'?
I'm sorry to say, but it has finally happened. Satyr is losing his grimness.
The last few vids were mainstream, but at least Satyr and Frost made an effort to look evil. But with BCoaT... I can't even recognize these guys anymore.

Well, duh. They have to look "cool" and "bad-ass", like some biker rejects in order to be more attractive to their new audience: teens who think that listening to "Now, Diabolical" and "The Age Of Zero (ugh, I mean Nero)" will make 'em "tr00" and "grimm". Man, this Satyricon's policy makes me sick. They represent the very deffinition of the term "sold out", period.
03.02.2010 - 03:06
Richard

Written by Slayer666 on 03.02.2010 at 00:46

The guys from Satyricon look so freekin gay in the new Metal Hammer....with their designer glasses and fancy haircuts. These dudes are milking it man...haha The new album is pretty lame imo - I dont think they "sold out" (for lack of better term) i just think its excruciatingly laborious and lacks balls and atmosphere.

The last few vids were mainstream, but at least Satyr and Frost made an effort to look evil. But with BCoaT... I can't even recognize these guys anymore.

Well, duh. They have to look "cool" and "bad-ass", like some biker rejects in order to be more attractive to their new audience: teens who think that listening to "Now, Diabolical" and "The Age Of Zero (ugh, I mean Nero)" will make 'em "tr00" and "grimm". Man, this Satyricon's policy makes me sick. They represent the very deffinition of the term "sold out", period.

And yet one of your favourite bands is Cradle of Filth! Don't you think that those exact criticisms you made of Satyricon apply to Cradle as well?!
----
03.02.2010 - 14:04
Slayer666

Written by Richard on 03.02.2010 at 03:06

Written by Slayer666 on 03.02.2010 at 00:46

And yet one of your favourite bands is Cradle of Filth! Don't you think that those exact criticisms you made of Satyricon apply to Cradle as well?!

Umm.... no, not really. Not even Cradle's most comercial, disgusting album is as mainstream as Satyricon's newer stuff. Besides, even musicwise, Cradle is 50 times superior to the ultra simplistic, monotonous stuff that Satyr calls black metal.
04.02.2010 - 08:53
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
At least Saytricon has yet to feature mainstream musicians as CoF has with, Dirty Harry and what's his fuck from HIM. Perhaps Dani, Shagrath and Satyr should all move to the US to better fit in with the rest of the MTV trash.
04.02.2010 - 12:54
Slayer666

Written by Bitter Dawn on 04.02.2010 at 08:53

At least Saytricon has yet to feature mainstream musicians as CoF has with, Dirty Harry and what's his fuck from HIM. Perhaps Dani, Shagrath and Satyr should all move to the US to better fit in with the rest of the MTV trash.

Satyricon doesn't need to feature mainstream musicians, because they became such themselves.
14.02.2010 - 08:30
DoomGuard

Now, Diabolical is just....fantastic album...can't get enough of it personally, just over n over n over n over....u get the idea
17.03.2010 - 11:21
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
I think Satyricon Is an awesome Band I have seen them live as well and they put on a really good show
17.03.2010 - 23:57
JÄY
Metal slave
My favorite black metal band
18.03.2010 - 23:14
Robstar

Great Black Metal band its important to realize that great old bands tend to lower their quality throug time but anyway great band my favorite album is Dark Medieval Times ... their new stuff sucks!
----
Nothing is unreacheable
23.03.2010 - 01:59
Hammer Pie

Is it true that Nemesis Divina is by far their best album?
23.03.2010 - 02:49
Lord_Regnier

Written by Hammer Pie on 23.03.2010 at 01:59

Is it true that Nemesis Divina is by far their best album?

I like "Dark Medieval Times", "The Shadowthrone" and "Nemesis Divina" rather equally.
Imo, anything they have done after "Nemesis Divina" sucks big time.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
25.03.2010 - 12:23
Alphafemale

One of my fav bands, especially the older albums
----
'Proud forest rises towards the sky,
in awe I stand silent
Green path of life amalgamates
With my own belief'
07.10.2010 - 00:42
Mother North

Aha, the usual discussion when it comes to Satyricon! Seen it in so many forums before and I realize there is no point in arguing with you who think their new stuff is sellout and mainstream. Everyone has a right to their own opinion .

Satyricon is my favourite band and I love ALL of their albums from DMT to TAON. Seen them live 13 times, met Satyr and Frost on several occasions and they are really nice, friendly and polite guys with their fans. They always give a great show on stage and Satyr is the best frontman ever.
11.10.2010 - 01:40
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I like 'em a lot. They're a solid band IMO (though a tad inconsistent recently). I respect their change in style of music as well and mostly enjoy all phases that they've gone through. I don't care too much that they sold out and what not. Though, I feel that there are some songs from their newer stuff that far outshadow most of the other material on that album - revealing the sort of inconsistency I was referring to.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
06.01.2020 - 08:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Norwegian heavy metal musician Anders Odden is preparing to undergo surgery for colon cancer. The procedure, which is scheduled for next Monday (January 6), is expected to remove the malignant tumors and any nearby lymph nodes.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing