Metal Storm logo
2012 (The Movie)

06.09.2009 - 22:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
http://www.csfd.cz/film/239242-2012/videa/?trailer_select=4254

already the first trailer gave to know this movie will be BIG, but after watching this theatrical trailer I cant find words how to explain my amazement...before I have seen a first minute, I would proclaim "2012" the new king of apocalyptic films
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.09.2009 - 04:08
tulkas
el parcero
The trailer looks cool, but I feel the story is just the same as Armageddon, and Deep Impact and all those movies about the end of the world. Feels like if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I guess this could be a huge success or a huge fail, but we'll have to wait to watch it.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
07.09.2009 - 07:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
It's just a ploy to make money....nothing too special really...
07.09.2009 - 10:51
Immortal

Written by Guest on 07.09.2009 at 07:57

It's just a ploy to make money....nothing too special really...

Pretty much like half of the crap farted out of Holywood these days.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
07.09.2009 - 12:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well, yes, but the thing is, i actually adore such a films

Armageddon leads my toplist currently but who knows after watching this
----

07.09.2009 - 13:28
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Jeez!! cant wait
13.09.2009 - 09:33
distorted rage

Well, seeing how the Mayan calendar ends December 21, 2012...let's hope this movie is just a cash cow and not a harbinger of what is to come.

----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
13.09.2009 - 10:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
You think Emmerich should be called "Harbinger of Death" for his films coming true?
----

27.10.2009 - 02:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ellrohir on 07.09.2009 at 12:42

Armageddon leads my toplist currently but who knows after watching this

Hey... Don't compare Armageddon with this shit. While Armageddon was kinda ok imo it's still WAY better in the sense that we, as people who have some kind of brain, are bright enough to understand that the movie was just awesome because of the effects and some cool acting and the plot CAN'T be taken seriously.

2012 on the other hand, seems just like a horrible way to drain money and also try to be way too pretentious about it....

Written by tulkas on 07.09.2009 at 04:08

I guess this could be a huge success or a huge fail,

How could it be a huge success? By having great effects with zero plot? Since when is that a plus?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.10.2009 - 03:34
tulkas
el parcero
Quote:
Written by X-Ray Rod on 27.10.2009 at 02:31

I guess this could be a huge success or a huge fail,

How could it be a huge success? By having great effects with zero plot? Since when is that a plus?

You never know. I mean, most of the movies nowadays are just special effects but the plot isn't that well done, and they're still a huge success.
----
27.10.2009 - 03:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by tulkas on 27.10.2009 at 03:34

but the plot isn't that well done, and they're still a huge success.

That depends of the average IQ of the people that watch the movie
But yeah, I see your point.
----
Rod, let me love you.
27.10.2009 - 05:44
tulkas
el parcero
Written by X-Ray Rod on 27.10.2009 at 03:37

Written by tulkas on 27.10.2009 at 03:34

but the plot isn't that well done, and they're still a huge success.

That depends of the average IQ of the people that watch the movie
But yeah, I see your point.

But come on, once in a while it's cool to watch a movie just because it's cool or eye-appealing. Take Transformers, for instance (though the story there isn't bad), or just typical full-of-special-effects-and-only-action movies. You watch them because it's cool; cinema isn't always analyzing and mind-fucking experiences, it's supposed to be fun too.
----
27.10.2009 - 09:25
Valentin B
Iconoclast
My objective prediction, based on how movies like this usually are? IT'S GONNA SUCK BIG TIME.
27.10.2009 - 13:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by tulkas on 27.10.2009 at 05:44

But come on, once in a while it's cool to watch a movie just because it's cool or eye-appealing. Take Transformers, for instance (though the story there isn't bad), or just typical full-of-special-effects-and-only-action movies. You watch them because it's cool; cinema isn't always analyzing and mind-fucking experiences, it's supposed to be fun too.

Of course it's fun! I loved Planet Terror and you just have to see the poster to understand how stupid the plots is! But it was amazing with great humor and effects. I also loved 300, it's a perfect movie to watch at the cinema! I was like "woooow I really want to kill some people now" during the entire movie and that was fun!

My problem is that this movie seems waaaaaaaaaaay to fucking serious. And the plots right now seems flat as a pancake.
----
Rod, let me love you.
31.10.2009 - 11:55
Archetype

I recently watched the trailer and no doubt - it looks pretty intense. Hopefully it won't be lacking in the plot department as a lot of the other CGI-intense movies are these days.
19.11.2009 - 14:47
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Hey I have seen it.
19.11.2009 - 18:09
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I know people who have seen this movie. They all said it was terrible, and that the special effects weren't even good. No surprise there...I'm hoping AVATAR will be good as far as hollywood blockbusters are concerned.
----
Brujerizmo!
19.11.2009 - 21:16
Ernis
狼獾
In a review this was called "apocalyptic comedy"....

An Estonian actor Johann Urb gets his 15 minutes of fame playing a Russian pilote crash landing in the Himalayas....this probably won't get him an academy award nomination for best supporting actor tho....
20.11.2009 - 03:30
tulkas
el parcero
My brother watched it last weekend and told me it was ok. It was entertaining at all, but that there were some parts that really let down, like very unlikely situations where the characters survived and stuff like that. If at least it lets get through it without getting bored or something like that, then it'd be worth watching, though I'm not dying for it.
----
20.11.2009 - 06:46
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Saw it on sunday, it's all about FX, but of course we can't expect a superfilm from teh guy that created Independence Day and The Day after Tomorrow. Why is the guy is so obsessed with destroyng teh world?
Anyway, nice FX, ZEro plot, a shitload of stupid/illogical things. Movie to spend 2 and a half brainless hours.
Stay away from it.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.11.2009 - 19:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2009 at 06:46

Saw it on sunday, it's all about FX, but of course we can't expect a superfilm from teh guy that created Independence Day and The Day after Tomorrow. Why is the guy is so obsessed with destroyng teh world?
Anyway, nice FX, ZEro plot, a shitload of stupid/illogical things. Movie to spend 2 and a half brainless hours.
Stay away from it.

And I saw the newspapers a couple of days ago.. it gave the movie 4 stars... FOUR FUCKING STARS?!!!!?!?

Why? I swear I was like while I was reading.. it was fucking surreal... I'm quoting:
"Who cares about the horrible dialogue? Who cares about the horrible actors? Who cares about the old cliché they used about "who are we going to save first"?... It doesn't really matter since this movie has one of the best special effetcs ever."

...Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the people? The newspapers are written by assholes! They are pretty much saying that the movie needs special effects in order to be "awesoooome!" ... damn... Pathetic, really pathetic.

And it's soooooooooooo annoying when my classmates who are brainless go all "I watched dude and I was so scared.. it makes you think you know... what if that stuff happens for realz!?" and some dude says that it's the best movie of the year... But hey, this is the same dude that says that all the movies from 1999 and older are shit and only the ones that came out in 2000 to present are worth seeing.
... God
I can't believe it... It's beyond me.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.11.2009 - 19:27
Overlord_PT

Written by tulkas on 07.09.2009 at 04:08

The trailer looks cool, but I feel the story is just the same as Armageddon, and Deep Impact and all those movies about the end of the world. Feels like if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I guess this could be a huge success or a huge fail, but we'll have to wait to watch it.

totally agree with you. it gives a feeling of "deja vou"
20.11.2009 - 19:27
Overlord_PT

I think this film is all about great special effects and thats it
20.11.2009 - 20:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.11.2009 at 19:24

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2009 at 06:46

Stay away from it.

And I saw the newspapers a couple of days ago.. it gave the movie 4 stars... FOUR FUCKING STARS?!!!!?!?

Why? I swear I was like while I was reading.. it was fucking surreal... I'm quoting:
"Who cares about the horrible dialogue? Who cares about the horrible actors? Who cares about the old cliché they used about "who are we going to save first"?... It doesn't really matter since this movie has one of the best special effetcs ever."

...Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the people? The newspapers are written by assholes! They are pretty much saying that the movie needs special effects in order to be "awesoooome!" ... damn... Pathetic, really pathetic.

And it's soooooooooooo annoying when my classmates who are brainless go all "I watched dude and I was so scared.. it makes you think you know... what if that stuff happens for realz!?" and some dude says that it's the best movie of the year... But hey, this is the same dude that says that all the movies from 1999 and older are shit and only the ones that came out in 2000 to present are worth seeing.
... God
I can't believe it... It's beyond me.

Well I read in a magazine, and teh critic pretty much agrees with me
I bet a lot o people will "start thinking" What if it ends? Nothing. We'll fuckin' die. That is.
It's really sad to see good actors like John Cusack in such a crappy movie, but I bet their bank accouts don't think the same.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.11.2009 - 20:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So i saw it and...it disappointed me...it really does, although i like such a genre (call it "Armageddon style dull blockbuster")

only some impressive scenes, like this super volcano in Yellowstone - that was something

but the movie repaid budget during opening weekend, so why not to do such a films?
----

20.11.2009 - 23:46
Ernis
狼獾
Somehow....thinking of such films the association is with the posters of the old-school monster attack/catastrophe films...you know...the posters with cities crumbling and screaming girls running away from it with their breasts jiggling....
21.11.2009 - 00:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There are hardly any jiggling breasts in this one...
----

21.11.2009 - 05:01
Entropic Silence

I enjoyed this movie. Like most people posting in this thread I had absolutely no expectations for it to be worth watching, but the action scenes were well done - I felt like I wanted to play the video game. And the plot wasn't a complete doddle - people actually survived!

I really enjoyed the train ejaculating out of the earth when they flew past in the biplane. Most of the effects were good, but I find these things ridiculous at best. 2012 made me laugh a lot.

The last two apoc films I saw were "Knowing" and "The Day the earth stood still" and I thought 2012 completely destroyed both of them.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
24.11.2009 - 00:42
VPeter

A must avoid for me, because it's by Roland Emmerich one of the worst directors out there who relies solely on special effects just like shit monkey Michael Bay. I saw Independence day and Godzilla by Emmerich and they were both downright awful, so I won't give him an other try. I still wonder if this one will surpass the immense suckfactor of Michael Bay's Armageddon. Luckily the only movie I saw by him.
24.11.2009 - 07:07
Entropic Silence

Written by VPeter on 24.11.2009 at 00:42

A must avoid for me, because it's by Roland Emmerich one of the worst directors out there who relies solely on special effects just like shit monkey Michael Bay. I saw Independence day and Godzilla by Emmerich and they were both downright awful, so I won't give him an other try. I still wonder if this one will surpass the immense suckfactor of Michael Bay's Armageddon. Luckily the only movie I saw by him.

Yeah it is pretty much entirely composed of special effects, but I still found it surprisingly entertaining. Worth a watch.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)